Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Books and Shirts

Started by Fie, May 10, 2011, 07:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fie

So after a very hectic year of school I finally have time three-four times a week. So I joined the gym by my house  ;D Im hoping to have one lesson with a personal trainer but they are so very expensive, so I was interested in knowing if anyone knows of a good book or two that can help me understand the equipment better and what kinds of beneficial exercises I can do with the equipment. One that adresses setting up a good cardio regime as well as some weight and resistance training would be nice. I've kinda begun figuring out a cardio regime based on what I know about training horses for endurance, but i'm a human, not a horse lol so something more aimed at my species would probably be more beneficial  :D

I also have another question, more aimed towards FTM's. Do you guys wear zip-up exersize coats/sweaters/hoodies at all when you are working out? I only feel secure and like i'm passing when I have a second layer ontop of my t-shirt and i'm really put out at the idea of just wearing a shirt since i've got regretably large breasts and even with my binder, I only truely pass in a large shirt with a distracting print on the front or with my men's hoodies on. So just wondering, does anyone else share this fear and if so what do you do? I feel super confident in my binder and hoodie but if asked to strip down to just a shirt, I think i'd rather sweat under the extra layer lol. I do have some breathable zip-up exercise jacket things made of the same material as my workout pants. Do people usually work out in those? Would that be really weird....? I want to be able to go and exercise for me and nurture who I truly am but I don't want to draw excessive amounts of attention wearing an extra layer  :-\
  •