Boys Don't Cry
Boys Don't Cry (1999)
Boys Don't Cry is a 1999 movie based on the real-life story of Brandon Teena, a transgendered young man who was raped and murdered by his male friends, after they found out he was born female.
Hilary Swank's performance as Brandon Teena earned her the Academy Award for Best Actress in 1999. The film is set in the Lincoln, Nebraska area, but was filmed in the Dallas, Texas area.
Boys Don't Cry was written by Kimberly Peirce and Andy Bienen and directed by Peirce. Besides Swank, it also stars ChloÃ« Sevigny, Peter Sarsgaard, Brendan Sexton, Alicia Goranson and Jeanetta Arnette. David Bowie has a cameo role. Sevigny was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress.
- Tagline: A true story about finding the courage to be yourself.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Boys Don't Cry"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/