This movie is based on Jane Anderson's play "Looking For Normal," the movie tells the story of Roy (Tom Wilkinson), a small town Illinois man who makes a wild declaration in the presence of his wife and pastor, after blacking out on his 25th wedding anniversary. Roy announces that he is a woman trapped in a man's body and plans to have surgery in one year. Stunning his wife Irma (Jessica Lange), his kids, and the community. His wife orders him out of the home only to ask him to come back after seeing him on the brink of committing suicide. What follows is a poignant, heartbreaking, and ultimately uplifting, story of Roy's attempt to live a normal life in a society that is unable to come to terms with his revelation.
- Jessica Lange as Irma Applewood
- Tom Wilkinson as Ruth Applewood
- Clancy Brown as Frank
- Hayden Panettiere as Patty Ann Applewod
- Joe Sikora as Wayne Applewood
- Richard Bull as Roy Applewood, Sr.
- Mary Siebel as Em Applewood
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Normal"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles