The term, Trans* (with an asterisk) is a convenient abbreviation used to denote all people who fall under the transgender "umbrella" plus those who are not comfortable being identified as transgender. The asterisk is recognized as a wildcard character, one that represents any combination of characters after the root word. Thus the term can include anyone who does not identify as cisgender or cissexual.
-  Stanford University Transgender Glossary of Terms
-  Transasterisk.com
-  A graphic explaining of trans* identities.
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Trans*"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles