|Directed by||Jules Rosskam|
|Produced by||Jules Rosskam|
|Written by||Jules Rosskam|
|Release date(s)||2005 (USA)|
Transparent is a 2005 documentary film about the experiences of 19 female-to-male transgender parents as they are coming to terms with gender transitioning. The title, "Transparent", is a play on the words "trans" and "parent", while suggesting the invisibility of transgender parenting in contemporary discourse.
The film was featured in the September 2006 issue of Curve magazine as one of the Ten Must-See Gender Documentaries and one of the best examples of New Trans Cinema, alongside Transamerica, Boys Don't Cry and Soldier's Girl.
The film has mainly been screened at LGBT film festivals around the world. Transparent made its Romanian debut at the 2007 GayFest, Bucharest's annual LGBT festival.
- Press about Transparent, Transparent official site
- Readers may use this email link to report errors and/or omissions they have discovered, or to add additional material or comments regarding this article "Transparent"
- Wiki Staff should discuss this article in the Wiki Staff Forum
- Susan's Place Transgender Resources Forums
- Susan's Place Transgender Chat
Browse: Gender | Cross-dressing | Intersexuality | Transgender topics | Transsexualism | Hormone Therapy | Surgery | Standards of Care | Legal Information | Psychology | Transitioning | Family & Friends | People | Books | Abbreviations | Browse All TopicsRead the FAQ | Return to the Main Page
Want to help us? Write New Articles and/or Expand Current Articles
*Some information provided in whole or in part by http://en.wikipedia.org/