Author Topic: Finding New Books on TG Issues  (Read 198 times)

Offline mid-life wife

Finding New Books on TG Issues
« on: June 22, 2019, 08:48:45 pm »
I'm starting a new thread, since another thread was a year old...  I wanted to point out that we librarians are always reviewing books or reading reviews to evaluate them for adding to our collections.  So, the librarian behind the reference desk is someone who has a lot of information sources for finding books on all sorts of different topics and is happy to help you connect to books.

I did some basic searching and found lots of libraries celebrating pride week and highlighting books for LGBT+ issues/readers...

Fiction: ​​​
For more educational books (kids books as well as books for those who want to help their family, friends or community understand TG issues):

Stonewall Book Awards List - This site lists books that have won awards through the LGBT Round Table within the American Library Association (ALA)

This site has book reviews are from the Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Roundtable of the American Library Association (ALA) and you can sign up for alerts on new reviews)

Lots of libraries have a chat service, and are happy to answer questions by chat or phone, so you can ask for advice anonymously if you're reluctant to ask face to face!

Ricki Wright

Re: Finding New Books on TG Issues
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2019, 02:29:17 am »
"Understanding Transgender Diversity" by Claire Ruth Winter.

It's a fast read for those people who want to know more about what it is to be transgender. Good for friends and family who want to support, but don't know how.

Tags: