Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Give me an honest opinion on my voice, please!

Started by EmilyElizabeth, June 15, 2011, 12:09:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EmilyElizabeth

I just recorded a sample (it's the damn Pledge of Allegiance... I wasn't all that sure what else to use) and I think I'm starting to sound alright, so please give me any criticism that is necessary and tell me what needs to still be worked out!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mr1hdl79y03u9dr

Thanks in advance!

•  

marelivki

It sounds feminine :)  It's totally passable. Well done ;)
  •  

Janet_Girl

•  

Eleanor

I pledge allegiance to the view that Emily has a lovely, very feminine voice. ;)

It's probably more difficult for me to tell being that I'm not from the US, as most of my experience with American accents is from sitcoms, movies and the like, where everything is scripted and thus a little different to the way that real people talk. But you're sounding good to me!
  •  

JungianZoe

Sounds very nice to me! ;D  You've got the pitch and the softness down.  I don't know if it was because you were nervous, but try enunciating just a tiny bit more, making sure you get the sound of every syllable.  There were a few times your words all ran together and voice presentation can be enhanced by making sure each syllable is effortlessly clear as a bell.

Trust me... I have the same problem, so I shouldn't be one to talk. :laugh:  My sinus issues make enunciation of some sounds extremely tough, even harder when I'm doing them in a higher register.
  •  

EmilyElizabeth

Well, I've been a mumbler all my life, so that's just a problem with the way I speak in general.  But I should fix it!

Thank you so much for the wonderful responses everyone.  You're making me feel real good!

•  

Melody Maia

I would agree. Passably female. It will only get better too. I've been shocked at how much my voice has changed since going full time. Practice really does make perfect.
and i know that i'm never alone
and i know that my heart is my home
Every missing piece of me
I can find in a melody

O
  •