Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

voice modulation was difficult?

Started by xxUltraModLadyxx, June 19, 2011, 07:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xxUltraModLadyxx

well, for me it was. i'm not asking this question because i'm actually trying to do it anymore, but i used to do it out of insecurity. my voice is actually quite feminine without any modulation. my voice never deepened, but when i was 11, i started the technique for a female voice modulation even though i didn't need to. i found it very difficult. it was very hard for me to stay in the lower relaxed part of that voice. it would go up and down, and sometimes it just wouldn't come out at all since i'm so obsessively nervous, and there would be tension there, not allowing it to come out. my question is, is that kind of voice modulation only practical for someone who has a deep male voice with many harmonics, or is it really that hard? my voice really is female, but i can't modulate it, and i'm just obsessive that way. i have to know why i had so much trouble with it.
  •  

pebbles

I found is very hard at first and I could only do it at high pitches whitch were too high for normal speech. however after training with it alot after several months I was able to drop it into a normal pitch and acquire a normal female harmonic.

Over time it becomes abit easier after 9 months or so your female voice becomes your default voice as in you speak like that without thinking and you have to think in order to use your male voice... but you never loose it unfortunately :/
  •  

xxUltraModLadyxx

Quote from: pebbles on June 20, 2011, 05:01:46 AM
I found is very hard at first and I could only do it at high pitches whitch were too high for normal speech. however after training with it alot after several months I was able to drop it into a normal pitch and acquire a normal female harmonic.

Over time it becomes abit easier after 9 months or so your female voice becomes your default voice as in you speak like that without thinking and you have to think in order to use your male voice... but you never loose it unfortunately :/

i think that has to do with human voice and the ability to imitate. just like a baby learning to speak for the first time, it's all just imitated sounds at first, but it becomes second nature and ingrained in the brain after a few years. all the vocabulary and speech development.
  •  

pebbles

Quote from: FullMoon19 on June 20, 2011, 02:55:34 PM
i think that has to do with human voice and the ability to imitate. just like a baby learning to speak for the first time, it's all just imitated sounds at first, but it becomes second nature and ingrained in the brain after a few years. all the vocabulary and speech development.
I suspect it has somthing else to do with the technique begin used. Exposure to T enlarges the size of your voice box and lengthens the vocal cords aswell as dragging it down your throat. This is irreversible. unfortunately ¬.¬

But to reverse it you have to pinch the front end of your vocal cords shortening them, and pull your voice box higher in your throat eventually the musclature changes if you use the voice a long time. The front part of your vocal cords thicken meaning they slightly touch together in a default resting state anyway and the muscles pull the ligaments suspend the voice box slightly higher and make holding it higher easier.
  •