Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

visual transition journal

Started by catherine - remy, June 22, 2011, 06:13:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catherine - remy

Ive been reading this forum for a while now and find great comfort in knowing im not alone, I often wish to write more but never really know what to say. However I am a trained artist, going to a art school that concentrated very heavily on life drawing, sometimes 5 hours a day in the first year of the B.A and thought the best way to show my feelings and thoughts was with my art.

Since being on the hormones I've found for the first time in my life I can draw myself, I use to hate my appearance and body so much that I just concentrated on landscape and myths, both ways of drawing / painting my inner world with out having to face my self. Now as I find myself getting use to myself I have started to do life drawings and self portraits as this seems to me the best way to explore my changing feelings and tell others what I am going / have been through, some will contain nudity, but this is essence of life drawing.

I am putting the drawings up on the re - creative site as its easy to use, and I quite like the project - bassed way of posting up art works on it.

there is 1 drawing up there at the moment and more will follow (another 3 drawn, just have to dig out the leads to transfer them.

site is at

http://www.recreativeuk.com/project/visual-transition-journal.

Catherine - remy
Somewhere in the world
  •  

catherine - remy

Somewhere in the world
  •