Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Any other Kim Harrison fans here?

Started by LostInTime, February 12, 2007, 11:32:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LostInTime

I think she rocks and her new book is due out soon.  I am even hoping to travel for a bit and have her sign it for me.  Of course this would be the first hardcover for her, thus making it a bit more expensive.  However, it is worth it.  I ordered a couple of burning bunny pins from her and she even sent me some freebies and a very nice handwritten note.

Her books:
Dead Witch Walking
The Good, the bad, and the undead
Every Which Way But Dead
A Fistful of Charms

her new one due out at the end of March:
For a Few Demons More

Short stories in:
Dates From Hell

The universe that she has created is much like the world we see today.  The big difference is that there was a horrible tragedy that occurred when a mutation in the genetically engineered tomato crop allowed a very lethal virus to attach itself to it.  Many humans died and the not so humans were forced to make their presence known and help keep the world in one piece.

It is in this world that Rachel Morgan is a young witch who quite working for the Inderland Security agency and is trying to make a living and keep on living while working as a PI/Bounty Hunter.  Her sidekick is a living vampire named Ivy Tamwood who is trying to stand on her own and outside of the expectations that have been thrust on her by her family and vampire community.  The third partner is Jenks, a fairy with a great work ethic and a huge temper.
  •  

BrandiOK

I had never heard of her....while I'm not a big reader of fantasy style books I will give her a try based on your glowing recommendation LIT :P
  •  

LostInTime

:)

I enjoyed the first book but I will say that the later books are better.  You can see the evolution in her writing style as the series progresses.  I really enjoy seeing this with writers like her and also EE Knight.
  •  

Kimberly

*giggle*
Thank you for the synopsis LIT. That is.. odd enough to pique my interest.

(=
  •