Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Do you contour and highlight?

Started by Mahsa Tezani, September 18, 2011, 12:49:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahsa Tezani

One of the most important makeup skills is not proper application. But rather contour and highlighting. Both instantly feminize the face, by sculpting out feminine features. Using dark shades to make the nose smaller, and lighter shades to take focus off of parts of the face.

Do you liquid or powder contour?
  •  

TheAetherealMeadow

Always, and I use powder. When I was first taught contouring and highlighting in beauty school, I was like, "OMG, this is miraculous! It's like instant plastic surgery!  ;D"
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: TheAetherealMeadow on December 22, 2011, 07:44:52 AM
Always, and I use powder. When I was first taught contouring and highlighting in beauty school, I was like, "OMG, this is miraculous! It's like instant plastic surgery!  ;D"

Yep...It shrinks my nose down.

I use liquid foundation. Comes out lookin more natural.
  •  

TheAetherealMeadow

I'm gonna post a pic without contouring and highlighting and with to show off the difference it makes. It just gives me such a nice healthy glow lol.

And when you use liquid foundation how many shades darker/lighter do you use? Because I always set my foundation with powder and the powder I use is pretty high coverage so it may drown out some of the color difference in the liquid foundations.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: TheAetherealMeadow on December 23, 2011, 04:12:37 PM
And when you use liquid foundation how many shades darker/lighter do you use? Because I always set my foundation with powder and the powder I use is pretty high coverage so it may drown out some of the color difference in the liquid foundations.

I use Dior forever and I use the lightest and darkest shades of cover girl CLEAN...I blend them into the primary foundation. It looks so much better than bronzer/powder contouring.

•  

TheAetherealMeadow

Thanks! :D I'll have to go buy some. I am quite excited to try it out.  ;D
  •  

Constance

Contouring and highlighting are techniques that I'm still not very good at. I try, but I feel like I usually mess it up.

V M

I'd like to know more about it  :)  Maybe one or both of you gals could make a vid. or two to demonstrate your techniques
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Constance

Quote from: V M on December 24, 2011, 11:34:58 AM
I'd like to know more about it  :)  Maybe one or both of you gals could make a vid. or two to demonstrate your techniques
Yeah. This.

I'd seen a video tutorial on YouTube about using makeup to enhance the appearance of cleavage, and it was great. Having a visual demonstration along with the description of the process is really great.

V M

The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Constance

MsDazzler

I need to do this!!! :) Masha, you ll have to show me how to do it in person sometime soon!
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: MsDazzler on December 29, 2011, 10:26:04 PM
I need to do this!!! :) Masha, you ll have to show me how to do it in person sometime soon!

It will hugely benefit you...If I could match your shades, I would be able to demonstrate on you. It's the secret of the Trannay. LOL

I considered posting a step by step on fb. But you could go to Nordstroms City Center and ask for Bradley at MAC to do it. He's a great makeup artist....
  •