Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Transgender Pagans

Started by Princess of Hearts, September 24, 2011, 11:00:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Princess of Hearts

•  

treeworshipper

its annoying when people act christian and are basically just lying, and then they won't share anything about their true beliefs, ever, i mean i understand maybe doing it in a specific kind of situation, to avoid conflict, but just never sharing at all?
  •  

treeworshipper

same with pagans who do some christian things

christianity to me just looks like a really f***ed up insanely powerful spell so its not like its not magic

no one can really try to deny that

i hope those servitors are all freed, mass manipulation is pretty lame

i dont want to manipulate or be manipulated

Edited for language.
  •  

Annah

Quote from: treeworshipper on October 09, 2011, 11:34:51 AM
its annoying when people act christian and are basically just lying, and then they won't share anything about their true beliefs, ever, i mean i understand maybe doing it in a specific kind of situation, to avoid conflict, but just never sharing at all?

it's equally as annoying to see Pagans act like their religion is the only valid religion out there, in which, they are no different than any other conservative religion built upon exclusiveness.
  •  

Annah

Quote from: treeworshipper on October 09, 2011, 11:36:56 AM

christianity to me just looks like a really >-bleeped-<ed up insanely powerful spell so its not like its not magic

Christian Prayer and Pagan Magic is very similiar. Christian prayer takes their requests and petitions to their God. Pagans take their requests and petitions to their God sometimes using objects and sometimes not.

Christians uses liturgy for their worship Pagans use liturgy for their rituals.

To say Christians' versions are Fu*ked up is a little pretentious and arrogant.
  •  

Arch

Careful, folks. So far, things are fairly civil in this thread, and I want to keep it that way.
"The hammer is my penis." --Captain Hammer

"When all you have is a hammer . . ." --Anonymous carpenter
  •  

Annah

Quote from: Arch on October 09, 2011, 03:29:07 PM
Careful, folks. So far, things are fairly civil in this thread, and I want to keep it that way.

sorry...i get a little passionate when people bash things through stereotypical behavior. It's a crutch of mine.
  •  

Constance

I am a Buddhistic Christo Pagan, and I don't see why that should be a problem for anyone. My religion is something between me and the Divine, in whatever form that Divine might be.

I have never felt controlled by any religion I've been involved with, although I was invited to leave an ecclectic Wiccan coven when I would not reflexive accept the teaching of the coven's leadership. Does that mark all Wiccans has inflexible? No. Just as not all Christians are, too. I'm out at my Christian church to the clergy there as not only Trans, but also Bi and as the aforementioned Buddhistic Christo Pagan. They know that I pluralize all hymns and prayers. They don't have a problem with it. That doesn't sound to BLEEPed up, to me.

The Passage

Quote from: treeworshipper on October 09, 2011, 11:36:56 AM

christianity to me just looks like a really f***ed up insanely powerful spell so its not like its not magic

Edited for language.
If you can manage to sift through the crap, you can actually find the good bits in just about any religion out there. The practical bits, your interpretation that helps you evolve spiritually. Any religion, or even any kind of spiritual practice, can be used to manipulate people into whatever the proprietors see fit. Putting the blame all on one way of life isn't very productive, in that regard.
"Magic is just science we don't understand yet." - Arthur C. Clarke
  •