Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Self-Organizing Men

Started by Kate Thomas, February 24, 2007, 07:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kate Thomas

Self-Organizing Men
Edited by Jay Sennett

This is a PDF downloadable book  compiled  from blog entrys.

http://www.homofactuspress.com

Homofactus Press publishes books by, for and about trans masculine, FtM, and transgender male interests with a special emphasis on communities of color and communities with disabilities. We utilize advances in print-on-demand publishing to fill this niche market. With minimal overhead and no money invested in cost-of-goods sold, Homofactus Press need only sell a few books to be profitable. As a digital, global micropublishing company, we commit to publishing voices from around the world.
"But who is that on the other side of you?"
T.S. Eliot
  •  

RebeccaFog

Hi,

Are you a part of Homofactus Press? or is the paragraph describing Jay Sennett?

I'm going to check out the pdf, but I didn't quite understand if you are part of the "we" of that company. I don't know if it matters in any way, I'm only curious.

Peace,

Rebecca
  •  

Kate Thomas

Sorry Rebecca I should have Quoted that.
But to keep it clear, I am not a member of Homofactus Press

I do find the whole concept of Homofactus press to be very interesting. the book in question is a series of blog entries, compiled into a PDF booklet. I get the feeling that when a book order comes in they run down to the local Kinko's, plug in their laptop and do a small "press run" then stop by the post office on the way home to mail the orders out.

Kate Alice
T.S. Eliot
  •  

RebeccaFog

Wow,

Maybe I can bring in some money doing that, but with poems and silly articles.
If I ever become a millionaire, I'll never forget you. Who are you, again? I forgot your name.

>:D
Rebecca
  •  

JaySennett

Hi everyone,

I'm the founder of Homofactus Press as well as the editor of Self-Organizing Men.

"I get the feeling that when a book order comes in they run down to the local Kinko's, plug in their laptop and do a small "press run" then stop by the post office on the way home to mail the orders out."

In fact this is not true at all.
1. SOM is not a collection of blog entries but a fully vetted collection of poetry, essays, lithographic prints, cartoons, and interviews.
2. The book is printed by Lightning Source and available through Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Borders.
3. We are a fully incorporated LLC with our own ISBN numbers.
4. When a book order comes in - though we do not handle them anymore - we placed a printed, bound copy of the book in the mail.
5. The PDF file is not a replacement for the bound book. It is an addition.

Later this spring we will be publishing The Marrow's Telling, a collection of poetry and prose by Eli Clare and King Guise a coffee table book depicting extraordinary drag king's of color. The text for this book will be published in English, Spanish, and French.

Please consider signing up for our periodic newsletter so that you can remain updated on Homofactus Press.

Kindly,
Jay
  •  

Kate Thomas

Jay
Thanks for setting me straight on this. I must admit i am a bit chagrined as i only glanced through a few pages. my humble apologies for any myth conceptions i presented.
It is a great addition

Thanks
Best Wishes
Kate Alice

I thought this would be helpful explaining the Name HomoFactus

QuoteHomofactus Press takes its name from the Latin version of the
Christian Nicene Creed, which claims that in Jesus of Nazareth the Son
of God "was made man": et homo factus est. By appropriating and, from
one perspective, deliberately misusing this traditional language to
describe FtM identities, Homofactus Press stakes its claim as a new
space for the interpretation and criticism of longstanding beliefs
about gender, transformation, and the limits of human possibility.
Language purists will recognize that the Latin word homo ("man"),
although usually used in Latin to describe male-gendered persons, is
itself both masculine and feminine, and can be used to describe human
beings more generally as well as male-gendered people specifically.
Homofactus Press thus seeks to emphasize the process by which human
beings are made into what we are. We are all, in this sense (and to
coin a phrase), Homofacts: "made people."

from a press release? for ’Tinting the Lens’ in "Trans" Communities - An Anthology Call for Entries
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/transgendernews/message/14638

T.S. Eliot
  •