Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamison

I enjoy crashing your thread every now and then to see how ya'll are doing, and I must say all you ladies look great.

Here's to hormones.

cheers,

J
  •  

Jay-Bird

Hi's :)
I noticed today much to my pleasant surprise my face is actually still changing! I actually saw a woman staring back at me in the mirror.
So to mark this momentous occasion and 15 months on HRT I thought I would post another Before and After. (Gah, thought it was 14 months, darn ticker)
I took these this afternoon, well the 2 on the right ;)

Anyone having doubts about HRT and its effectiveness, perhaps this will help somewhat.
(click on the pic, it gets bigger)

Without sleep there are no dreams, Without dreams we fall apart at the seams
  •  

AnarchoChloe

Holy wow, Jay-Bird! You are nothing less than stunning! What an amazing metamorphosis in a little over a year. These pics give me a lot of hope for the magical powers of hormones.
"By seeking to free others we find the strength to free ourselves."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Miranda Elizabeth on March 06, 2013, 07:16:18 PM
I watched a few seconds of one of my acoustic songs on youtube a few months ago and was astonished by what I saw. That person is long gone, and although I recognize the voice and melody lines, the person in the video just made me sad, so I turned it off. But if anyone wants to hear any of my songs, they're in two playlists, one with 11 songs and the other with 14. The two tell a story about one person's life, then what happens to America and the world. It's pretty wild stuff and part 2 is apocalyptic.
Jedem Das Seine, 11 songs.   
Fading Light, 14 songs.   
God bless all of us, we deserve it! Hugs, Mira

You are extremely talented Miranda, no doubt about it, and I used present tense although you have put the past behind you just as I  and so many others have, and rightly so! It seems like another lifetime doesn't it? At least that's the way I see my past life. I listened to some of the songs and the lyrics in which, knowing you now as we are able here at Susan's, we can get the feeling that there was something ethereal missing from your life back then. Glad you made it sweetie, I'm happy for you!
  •  

Maegan

I love the song Miranda.

Here's a little secret- you are a far prettier woman than when you were a man.  :-*

Huggs

Maegan

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere, and sometimes in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Jay-Bird on March 07, 2013, 06:22:21 AM
Hi's :)
I noticed today much to my pleasant surprise my face is actually still changing! I actually saw a woman staring back at me in the mirror.
So to mark this momentous occasion and 15 months on HRT I thought I would post another Before and After. (Gah, thought it was 14 months, darn ticker)
I took these this afternoon, well the 2 on the right ;)

Anyone having doubts about HRT and its effectiveness, perhaps this will help somewhat.
(click on the pic, it gets bigger)

Wow, Jay-Bird, wow! You went from looking like some of the guys I did time with in prison, to a gorgeous woman in fifteen months, obviously a lifetime ago for you. You look fantastic, girl. You have much more changing ahead of you, but if you never had another change, you're already a very pretty woman! Congratulations! By the way, my ticker's off too, by one day, because today is my 18 month anniversary living full time. It has gone by so very, very fast and I wish I'd have appreciated it even more.
Quote from: Shantel on March 07, 2013, 08:28:11 AM
You are extremely talented Miranda, no doubt about it, and I used present tense although you have put the past behind you just as I  and so many others have, and rightly so! It seems like another lifetime doesn't it? At least that's the way I see my past life. I listened to some of the songs and the lyrics in which, knowing you now as we are able here at Susan's, we can get the feeling that there was something ethereal missing from your life back then. Glad you made it sweetie, I'm happy for you!
Thank you, Shantel, so very much for listening to my songs and adding the present tense in 'talented.' I've thought a lot about really getting back into writing again, although I have never really stopped. I'm now writing as Miranda, but haven't been thinking much about something I know I should. I've got some really catchy melodies with incredibly depressing male lyrics. I have more than 1000 lyrics and 150 songs. Most of these songs are just sitting around on cassettes and CD's and lyrics w/chord changes, languishing in one notebook or another. I've been thinking about revamping many of the lyrics or starting them over from scratch from both a woman's point of view, and from a positive vantage. Shantel, It's such a trip to say it to myself, "you made it", but to hear it from you or someone else who knows who I really am and where I came from makes it even cooler! Unfortunately, without your own belief that you're a woman, passing, and unique, you can be the most beautiful woman alive, prettier than any cis-woman, and you'll still be unhappy. I know an absolutely beautiful transwoman in that category, and no matter what I tell her she can't get past the fact that she apparently needed to have FFS to make her so gorgeous. She still sees a man when she looks in the mirror. It's made me cry to see her so unhappy still, so I keep telling her how beautiful she is and pray for her sometimes. But the fact is that we're all wondrous, incredible women who know more about the human spirit and both sexes far more than any doctor, psychologist or anyone else who's only seen and felt what we've been able to tell them about our lives and our unique vantage points. It's kind of like trying to tell a drug counselor who's never had a drug problem what it's like to kick heroin, it's impossible. Hugs to everyone, Mira                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Shodan

One day, I'll be able to post something here and be proud of it.

One day...

•  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Jamison on March 07, 2013, 01:26:03 AM
I enjoy crashing your thread every now and then to see how ya'll are doing, and I must say all you ladies look great.

Here's to hormones.

cheers,

J

DUDE!

You look awesome in your avatar pic!!  ;)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Jamison

Thanks. That's thanks to 10 months of hormones :p

Quote from: Beth Andrea on March 07, 2013, 01:18:16 PM
DUDE!

You look awesome in your avatar pic!!  ;)
  •  

AnarchoChloe

Quote from: Shodan on March 07, 2013, 01:14:52 PM
One day, I'll be able to post something here and be proud of it.

One day...

This is what I think every time I open this thread.
"By seeking to free others we find the strength to free ourselves."
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: AnarchoChloe on March 07, 2013, 08:04:30 PM
This is what I think every time I open this thread.

Most definitely you both will :)
I used to look at these threads exactly the same way, there was a time when I thought I would never post "after" pics of myself.
Its only been in the last few months I have felt confident enough to do so.
I can't wait to see both of your before/afters its such an exciting thing to see!

•  

Shodan

Hell, I can't even post 'before' pictures of myself. As a man, I was never handsome. As a woman I'll never be pretty, but I can cope with that as long as I'm able to pass, but I've got a lot of work to do before that even becomes a remote possibility, and I'll be lucky to have the money to pay even for LHR.

•  

TerriT

What an amazing change Jay-Bird and what an inspiration you are. Your before pics look like you would beat me up :o And now you're so pretty and look so kind and happy.
  •  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: TiffanyT on March 07, 2013, 10:34:32 PM
What an amazing change Jay-Bird and what an inspiration you are. Your before pics look like you would beat me up :o And now you're so pretty and look so kind and happy.

Hey thanks Tiffany :)
It is kinda my hope that my "before & afters" give a positive push for people considering transition or who are in the early stages and are afraid how effective HRT will be for them. These kind of things really helped me to push through in the early stages, just seeing the amazing changes people had gone through and where they are now can make such a difference. It just takes time, longer for some but its nothing short of breathtaking :)

Oh' and I never beat anyone up, I just looked scary, it was my final battle and my last stand as an Uber Man - yuk.
I was always told my personality was so different from the way I looked, go figure :)
At some stage I will put up a full body before and after, that will surely make some eyes pop.

Jay-Bird

•  

TerriT

Quote from: Jay-Bird on March 07, 2013, 10:48:02 PM
Hey thanks Tiffany :)
It is kinda my hope that my "before & afters" give a positive push for people considering transition or who are in the early stages and are afraid how effective HRT will be for them. These kind of things really helped me to push through in the early stages, just seeing the amazing changes people had gone through and where they are now can make such a difference. It just takes time, longer for some but its nothing short of breathtaking :)

Oh' and I never beat anyone up, I just looked scary, it was my final battle and my last stand as an Uber Man - yuk.
I was always told my personality was so different from the way I looked, go figure :)
At some stage I will put up a full body before and after, that will surely make some eyes pop.

Jay-Bird

Well thank you so much for sharing and I can't wait to see your full body pics some day.

Also, thanks for not beating me up and instead letting your inner beauty shine through :D
  •  

Heather

Jay-Bird every time I see your before and after it just amazes me. You must be so happy now. I just hope I can pull off a stunning transformation like you have. :)
  •  

Miranda Catherine

Quote from: Heather on March 07, 2013, 11:17:06 PM
Jay-Bird every time I see your before and after it just amazes me. You must be so happy now. I just hope I can pull off a stunning transformation like you have. :)
Heather, I agree with you on Jay-Bird's amazing transition, but you're already on your way too, sweetie. And I totally disagree with your "trying to look adorable and failing miserably." You look great and you haven't even been on hormones for three months yet. Ease up, girl! You're coming along great! Hugs, hun. Mira
These three years have been the best of my entire life
ones I've been able to live without lying
and the only time I've had since the age of twelve
I haven't constantly thought about dying

•  

Jay-Bird

Quote from: Heather on March 07, 2013, 11:17:06 PM

Miranda is very right on this, its only been 2 months and I can really already see the fem features if your face starting to appear.
Trust me 2 months is hella early days, so you are doing awesome!
You just gotta give it time, took me 15 months to get to this point, tis a long time but very worth it and yes I am very happy :)

Hey and we are pretty much the same age, I'll be 35 in a few months (gawd). I always thought things wouldn't work very well because of my late start but I was er somewhat wrong ;) so you will be just fine I am sure of it!

Jay-Bird

•  

Heather

Quote from: Miranda Elizabeth on March 08, 2013, 02:35:37 AM
Heather, I agree with you on Jay-Bird's amazing transition, but you're already on your way too, sweetie. And I totally disagree with your "trying to look adorable and failing miserably." You look great and you haven't even been on hormones for three months yet. Ease up, girl! You're coming along great! Hugs, hun. Mira
Thank you Miranda! I've been meaning to change the looking adorable failing miserably thing. I was having a low self esteem day when I came up with that. I've actually gone to change it several times and ended up not liking what I was replacing it with.
Quote from: Jay-Bird on March 08, 2013, 03:45:59 AM
Miranda is very right on this, its only been 2 months and I can really already see the fem features if your face starting to appear.
Trust me 2 months is hella early days, so you are doing awesome!
You just gotta give it time, took me 15 months to get to this point, tis a long time but very worth it and yes I am very happy :)

Hey and we are pretty much the same age, I'll be 35 in a few months (gawd). I always thought things wouldn't work very well because of my late start but I was er somewhat wrong ;) so you will be just fine I am sure of it!

Jay-Bird
Thank you Jay-Bird!
  •  

monica93304

You ladies are amazing...

Here's my contribution.

Boy pic 2007?

This is what I look like today.  I took this pic on Thursday night

•