Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaidofOrleans

Quote from: Alice-blossom on March 14, 2013, 11:11:12 AM
Awh, thank you both <3

I should give light makeup a try one of these days, lol.

You're looking good girly! Just wait it gets better  :D
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

JohnnieRamona

Quote from: Alice-blossom on March 13, 2013, 10:57:37 PM
Today is day 62 of hormones, awh yiss!

This is before (AKA my current license photo):

Here I am at 25 days of HRT:

And this was me earlier today:

You look stunning, Alice... Congrats!
  •  

Feather

What an amazing thread!

I now believe in magic.. ;D
  •  

MidnightKat

This is the only surviving photo of me as a boy at age 20.

This was taken last year sometime at age 30.

Personally, I don't feel that I've changed very much other than I have darker hair and thinner eyebrows...
The truth doesn't require your approval.
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Beth Andrea on February 23, 2013, 06:46:24 PM
August 2011, pre-everything (except earrings LOL):

Today, as I normally present (one year on HRT):

To my critical eye, I haven't changed a whole lot, face-wise. Maybe gotten heavier...my chest is an "A" cup (or just a bit bigger...let's call it an "A+" cup  ;) ).  Most body hair is gone (no one sees that unless they're in bed with me LOL), a lot softer skin. I smile more often, and more sincerely now. I like to think I'm more personable, as well.

Amazing what a good haircut will do...I like this a LOT better:

eta: That, and an open collar area, showing more chest. Makes my face/head seem less large.
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Beth Andrea on March 16, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

eta: That, and an open collar area, showing more chest. Makes my face/head seem less large.

I like the new avatar photo, very nice!
  •  

Jennifer.L

Quote from: MidnightKat on March 16, 2013, 04:08:41 PM

Girl, I want to do bad things with you.
Live your life.

•  

tomthom

Quote from: MidnightKat on March 16, 2013, 04:08:41 PM
This is the only surviving photo of me as a boy at age 20.

Personally, I don't feel that I've changed very much other than I have darker hair and thinner eyebrows...
can a lesbian do a wolf whistle? well, whatever the equivalent, I'm thinkin it.
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: tomthom on March 16, 2013, 11:37:13 PM
can a lesbian do a wolf whistle? well, whatever the equivalent, I'm thinkin it.

Not a wolf-whistle, but a "mwarr-rrraaarrr!", while being slinky, approaching their prey...
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

•  

Heather

Quote from: Beth Andrea on March 16, 2013, 04:28:58 PM

Looking good Beth your hair looks great!
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Heather on March 16, 2013, 11:45:42 PM
Looking good Beth your hair looks great!

Thanks Heather...I really, really needed that tonight.

*hugs*

•  

Deanna_Renee

It has been a while since I was an active participant here, but life has just been too much damned fun to stay inside. :)

It may be high time for me to share some before and now [after?] pictures.

Back in August 2008, about 6-8 months before coming out. I ended up putting on another 30 pounds after this picture was taken. I topped out at 245 pounds. [by the way, this was one of my happiest days up to that day]

Fast forward to September 2010. This was still early in my transition, at the Southern Comfort Conference (SCC) in Atlanta, GA. I had only just begun taking Spironolactone about a month or two before that. I was still nearly a year and a half away from starting estrogen.

And now! This was taken March 15, 2013. Over 2.5 years spiro, and over 1.5 years estradiol. I've lost over 100 pounds from before transition. I have been full time for a year and a half. While I'm not stealth, I do live completely accepted as a woman. And a very, very happy one to boot.

Deanna <3
  •  

Beth Andrea

Awesome pics, Deanna! What a great change!

:)

•  

VanessaM

Deanna, you're transition is remarkable; maybe it's just me but I can see the difference in just your eyes. They seem to shout how much happier you are then in the first photo! And bravo on the weight loss, you look great. I'll have to ask you how you managed it sometime since I'm going to aim on getting down to 145 from my current 220 while I transition.

- Vanessa
  •  

Deanna_Renee

Quote from: VanessaM on March 17, 2013, 09:06:33 AM
Deanna, you're transition is remarkable; maybe it's just me but I can see the difference in just your eyes. They seem to shout how much happier you are then in the first photo! And bravo on the weight loss, you look great. I'll have to ask you how you managed it sometime since I'm going to aim on getting down to 145 from my current 220 while I transition.

- Vanessa

Vanessa, I may not be the one to ask for diet advice. All I did was eat a bit less, eat a little better, exercise a little more, stress a LOT less, and start transitioning. I did not have to work at it at all really. I'm fortunate, I know. I was always skinny before my 40's. Now that I'm in my 50's I'm revisiting and staying in the skinnys. Now hovering right around 140.

Deanna

Oh, and thank you so much for the compliment. I am infinitely happier than I had ever thought possible in the before years.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Deanna_Renee on March 17, 2013, 08:59:29 AM
It has been a while since I was an active participant here, but life has just been too much damned fun to stay inside. :)

Deanna,
       That's a remarkable transition and it show's what's possible for those who have a can-do positive attitude and want to be a great looking woman more than anything else on earth. Good job and thanks so much for sharing!
  •  

Jeepgirl90

Ok why not. I haven't been in transition as long as some others but I'll share anyway:

Me taken around March 2012:

and this one was taken this morning:

but I'm sure in 6 months from now I'll look different from now so I'm still a work in progress :)

•  

delia_dunno

Eighteen months ago:

Seven months ago:

Two months ago (3 months HRT):

Now (five months HRT, no makeup):

<------Now, with a little makeup
  •  

JohnnieRamona

Quote from: delia_dunno on March 18, 2013, 10:15:40 PM
Eighteen months ago:

Seven months ago:

Two months ago (3 months HRT):

Now (five months HRT, no makeup):

<------Now, with a little makeup

Really cute, Delia. I really like your hair :)
  •