Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on April 09, 2013, 04:40:07 PM

After 19 months of HRT:

Such a sweetheart! Who would ever connect the two different people in those photos?
  •  

Joanna Dark

You're so pretty Alaina. BTW, I would totally steal your top if we were roommates. It's so cute.
  •  

Heather

After 19 months of HRT:

Alaina you look amazing!!! You look nothing like your before picture truly amazing transformation. :)
  •  

ZoeM

After 19 months of HRT:

Holy... You turned into a ghost!

Kidding. :) Looking good, Alaina. Also kinda pale.
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

Alainaluvsu

The makeup isn't really good for my skin I'm seeing... but you should see my legs :(
To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are.

•  

PHXGiRL

Quote from: Alainaluvsu on April 09, 2013, 05:41:28 PM
The makeup isn't really good for my skin I'm seeing... but you should see my legs :(

Tanning bed babe. I go like three-four times a month. Horrible for you but honestly what isn't these days? lol..
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Those things destroy your skin with the quickness =/

•  

Ms. OBrien CVT

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Ha! Yep!

Tanning destroys the elastin in your skin and elastin is the single most important thing that creates a youthful appearance. Thing is, your body is done producing elastin at 11-13 years of age. So what you destroy, will not come back.

•  

ZoeM

On the other hand, if one really really wants to be transracist...
Don't lose who you are along the path to who you want to be.

•  

PHXGiRL

lol.. You girls crack me up! My skin is fine. That is what tanning lotion is for. Anything is bad for you if you abuse it. Cigarettes, energy drinks, soda, liquor, you name it. Three to four times month will not hurt you and your skin will not be dry I promise you that. I know mine isn't but each person is different.

I have been going now for three months to get rid of a uneven boy tan. Which is now gone so I can wear shorts and skirts without looking like a nun that has had her legs covered for a decade as well as low cut tops. Love you girl but a measly 7-8 minutes of your life; 3 times a month for 4 months will not take a decade of your skin off.

It was either do tanning for a short time or look like a clown in public until my tan lines disappeared. Arizona is not a place where you can get away wearing pants, and "t-shirts" until summer time.

Once summer weather hits I won't be doing the tanning bed scene anymore. It's served its purpose as a fix early in my transition when I went full-time.
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Serena Lynn on April 09, 2013, 08:36:27 PM
lol.. You girls crack me up! My skin is fine. That is what tanning lotion is for. Anything is bad for you if you abuse it. Cigarettes, energy drinks, soda, liquor, you name it. Three to four times month will not hurt you and your skin will not be dry I promise you that. I know mine isn't but each person is different.

I have been going now for three months to get rid of a uneven boy tan. Which is now gone so I can wear shorts and skirts without looking like a nun that has had her legs covered for a decade as well as low cut tops. Love you girl but a measly 7-8 minutes of your life; 3 times a month for 4 months will not take a decade of your skin off.

It was either do tanning for a short time or look like a clown in public until my tan lines disappeared. Arizona is not a place where you can get away wearing pants, and "t-shirts" until summer time.

Once summer weather hits I won't be doing the tanning bed scene anymore. It's served its purpose as a fix early in my transition when I went full-time.

Girl I love ya too, but yeah... over time it will kill your skin. Lotion or not. They'll tell you in beauty school, if you want to keep your skin as youthful as possible, stay away from cigarettes, sun, and tanning beds. You can't get away from the sun, but tanning beds produce a UV that is so close to your skin it eats through your elastin (which tightens your skin... wrinkles are a lack of elastin). Tanning as often as you do wont make you regret it for the next year or two, but 10 years from now, you may wish you didn't.

I don't wanna start a fight or anything about it... but I won't touch those beds!

•  

MaidofOrleans

Don't really need a tanning bed. Here is San Diego you can just walk around outside or lie on the beach  :P

...and Alaina looking beautiful as always girly  :D
"For transpeople, using the right pronoun is NOT simply a 'political correctness' issue. It's core to the entire struggle transpeople go through. Using the wrong pronoun means 'I don't recognize you as who you are.' It means 'I think you're confused, delusional, or mentally I'll.'. It means 'you're not important enough for me to acknowledge your struggle.'"
  •  

Ms. OBrien CVT

Hell I get tan when there is snow on the ground.  Heritage helps a lot.

It does not take courage or bravery to change your gender.  It takes fear of living one more day in the wrong one.~me
  •  

Alainaluvsu

Quote from: Ms. OBrien CVT on April 09, 2013, 09:41:54 PM
Hell I get tan when there is snow on the ground.  Heritage helps a lot.

I can tan pretty easily but for some reason I can't tan inside my house :(

Oh, and thanks for the nice words everybody !!

•  

TerriT

Quote from: Serena Lynn on April 09, 2013, 08:19:35 AM
That would be my daughter! lol she was trying to be funny and hide from mama while we were taking pics. I eventually got one of the two of us! :)

Adorbs :D :D

thank you so much for sharing!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Ms. OBrien CVT on April 09, 2013, 07:49:47 PM
Tanning can be overdone.

When she was younger, she was the original Coppertone baby!   ::)

•  

Rowan Rue

Wow, that ad seems sooooo inappropriate now!
*shudder*

Alaina, you're looking fantastic :)

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Beth Andrea

Quote from: Jamie D on April 10, 2013, 08:57:39 AM
When she was younger, she was the original Coopertone baby!   ::)

It's interesting, but prior to the 1930's a healthy and desirable person was seen to be very "white" (i.e., no tan or minimal tan); a combination of indoor living as well as having wealth.

Somewhere, somehow, the idea that "tan" = healthy took over, and people went crazy with it. (Also the idea that "wealth" = terrible thing came with it...probably due to the efforts of the worldwide class war that was going on about that time).

But, I digress. You may return to your normally scheduled thread...

Oh wait, an update:

I was curious about the pic of the uber-tan woman...the pic info said "tan mom" so a quick Google search came up with this (among other things)
...I think for most of us it is a futile effort to try and put this genie back in the bottle once she has tasted freedom...

--read in a Tessa James post 1/16/2017
  •  

Devlyn

Perfect example of why every product or service could use the same warning label: "Don't be an idiot."

Sharp knife? "Don't be an idiot."

Motor vehicle? "Don't be an idiot."

Tanning bed? "Don't be an idiot."

Thermonuclear weapons? "Don't be an idiot."
  •