News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee

Quote from: =celestica= on April 16, 2013, 03:20:18 PM

when i was clueless on how to pass/be female.  (2 years ago)

Hah!  I like this one.  I'm a little relieved I'm not the only one here (starting?) with an unladylike/crass personality.

Alright...giving this one a try...and please don't quote images!  I'll be deleting the first one for certain.

This past 4th of July:

(on our roof, wasted, in a kiddie pool.  A good day despite not remembering past 6pm...)

Tonight (3.5 months low-dose HRT):
This is one voice not to forget;
"Fight every fight like you can win;
An iron fisted champion,"
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Sanjiyan

I finally got the courage to put my picture up.  This is my last formal photo. It was a little less than 2 years ago and about 2 months after I started therapy. The other one was from 2 weeks ago.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Sanjiyan on April 18, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

I finally got the courage to put my picture up.  This is my last formal photo. It was a little less than 2 years ago and about 2 months after I started therapy. The other one was from 2 weeks ago.

WOW how pretty, great transition!
  •  

tomthom

Quote from: Sanjiyan on April 18, 2013, 08:17:14 PM

you look like the sister of benedict cumberbatch.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTaHGGxFqHPe1q-jiKcU6yxEQ2EI65Ev0hSsV1YeCjMYa9qQfk6
"You must see with eyes unclouded by hate. See the good in that which is evil, and the evil in that which is good. Pledge yourself to neither side, but vow instead to preserve the balance that exists between the two."
― Hayao Miyazaki
Practicality dominates me. I can be a bit harsh, but I mean well.
  •  

Jennifer.L

@Dee  Impresive dear :D  very cute!
Live your life.

•  

Joanna Dark

So I think I've changed somewhat in two months of HRT. Or do I look the same? The new pictures were taken today. I got some guy called me sweetheart today, and then some lady said excuse me sir and then asked "do you have a dollar miss?" I guess I'm confusing people. I don't think I pass in the slightest, yet. But I think it looks like I changed somewhat.

Please don't quote the pics. I will be taking them down sometime tomorrow.

*pics deleted*
  •  

Henna

Joanna, I think your skin has gotten much better. The fourth picture, I would say miss too. Looking good, hopefully I will notice some change too. Just so slow progress and hard to wait :)
  •  

yanping

Feb 17, about two weeks before HRT

Day 46 of HRT (with barely any makeup on...most of it rubbed off on the blankets)

•  

=celestica=

Isa, you're very pretty.
you pass, no ffs needed
it's up to you though :P
  •  

SarahDoll1987

So I figured I'd join in and show a pic of me before and after... It took me ages to find any pic of me before, so the one I'm posting kinda has my eyes shut and stuff lol

Anyway here goes...

This is me before (At about 19/20 or so):

And this is me a few months ago (I think I was 24 at the time.. 25 now):

•  

Shantel

Quote from: SarahDoll1987 on April 21, 2013, 09:00:26 AM
So I figured I'd join in and show a pic of me before and after... It took me ages to find any pic of me before, so the one I'm posting kinda has my eyes shut and stuff lol

Pretty, you look like my cis sister!
  •  

Noah

Sanjayn: Beautiful! What a dramatic change...

Dee: Wow! You look so different, beautiful.

Yanping: another beauty...i love your look, so sweet and beautiful

sarahdoll: amazing!! you look incredible...

wow I am amazed at all of your transitions, so proud of you ladies...beautiful in and out, transition really is inspiring.

here is my own transformation...

the male picture is from January 2011, the female picture is from April 2013. I have been on HRT for 8 months. In the boy picture I was also still drinking alcohol, hence why I look wasted and am so bloated. That was also a picture of me taken at my brothers wedding...I was the "best man"...if the best man is a woman, whats that say about men?? ;p

•  

Joanna Dark

Quote from: Isabelle on April 21, 2013, 07:37:37 AM
I still feel I need ffs. I seem to pass but yeah... I think I'll always struggle with my own reflection... Anyway, you've seen my before... Now, do I need my nose and chin done to look cis? Be honest. Please.

Isabelle, usually I don't like giving criticism cause, well, I just don't like doing it.  But I'll make an exception since you clearly want it. (Not that my opinion carries any weight. Just one woman's thoughts).

In your profile pic, I don't see any need for any cosmetic procedure on either your nose or chin. You look 100 percent cis. On the frontal shot, your nose is still fine. Could you make it smaller. Yes. Does it need it. No. It looks female and any surgery you might want on your nose would be for your own emotional well-being and to help erase that old image completely.

On your chin: yes, you do have a bit of a cleft chin. However, your chin is also rather short or small so you def wouldn't need (or even want) FFS on it. I did some reading and there are thousands of women with the same problem as you and they almost quote you word for word on how they feel about it. I just looked at 100s of photos of cis women with the same chin problem who pretty much feel the same way you do and said what you said almost word for word. They feel it makes them look manly. If you had a long chin you might need FFS, but it isn't long, it's short and female. So how can something that mainly effects females be manly? Anyhoo, It doesn't take away from your ability to pass whatsoever. Know that. You would prob want cleft chin surgery before rhinoplasty, if you were to go that route. But, you don't need it.

I understand though how women, especially us trans women, are super critical of ourselves and getting it taken care of seems like it would help you a great deal emotionally. You don't need any FFS. Your chin is feminine; it just has the cleft.

Also, you're really beautiful. I mean seriously pretty. There is something to be said for leaving everything as is. Sometimes our perceived flaws are what makes us so unique. But do what you need to do to feel as best you possibly can. I also read that you could get the chin taken care of with a simple outpatient procedure where they inject a filler, Restylane or Juvederm, in order to smooth out the cleft. It would be much, much cheaper than actual cleft chin surgery. You really shouldn't get rhinoplasty as you nose is fine. But I mean who couldn't use cosmetic surgery? Everyone has flaws. And sometimes we look so hard for flaws that after awhile that is all we see. But I'm here to tell you what I see and what I see is an incredibly attractive late 20s woman who I'd run through a bed of hot coals just to date once. I'm funny that way. If I get money to get to NZ, you may have to take out a restraining order on me JK LOL.

Hope this helps in someway and I hope I didn't hurt your feelings or anything. And don't forget, I wasn't kidding when I said how attractive I think you are. I don't lie, ever. I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. Say Hi to Peter Jackson for me. All you Kiwis know each other, right lol haha Actually, I'm a much bigger fan of his earlier work, like Heavenly Creatures. LOTR, meh.
  •  

XchristineX

First pic is the only pre HRT picture I really do have...
Identification.. please dont laugh!!!

And me today after four full face laser passes and back on to
HRT for four months

•  

XchristineX

And another both pics today

I can't seem to post three pics one post wirh my android

•  

Rowan Rue

Quote from: Isabelle on April 21, 2013, 07:37:37 AM

I'm posting these pictures because of something Rowan said... I alway post pictures of myself in an unflattering light.... It's just how I am... I don't wear much makeup, and I never do much with my hair or anything. Anyway, I thought I'd post pictures of "everyday" me that are slightly more flattering than my usual "no make up, laying in bed with my hair all messed up" type pictures. This is me how I go to work usually. I still feel I need ffs. I seem to pass but yeah... I think I'll always struggle with my own reflection... Anyway, you've seen my before... Now, do I need my nose and chin done to look cis? Be honest. Please.

Yay!  pics or you with good lighting! Now go post them in the fabulous thread ;D
You look great Isabelle.  You're beautiful and if I had a magic wand I'd let you see what I see for an afternoon and perahaps you wouldn't be so hard on yourself anymore. 
I've said it before, but I really love your chin, I think it's totally cute and is one of those features that makes someone interesting and real, and human. 
I also understand that when you have a prominent feature, especially one that's considered "masculine" (who?! Why?! why do we think this?!) that it is, basically, a visual trigger that can easily cause your brain to see what it expects to see rather than what's there.  So as I said before, I think you should do exactly what you think is best for you to feel happy with your appearance.
I really, truly hope you'll come to see how beautiful you are in time because you deserve to know how lovely you are.

=^.^=

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Jen-Jen

Quote from: XchristineX on April 21, 2013, 06:49:40 PM
First pic is the only pre HRT picture I really do have...
Identification.. please dont laugh!!!

And me today after four full face laser passes and back on to
HRT for four months

I think you are coming along just fine! Just give it some time hun, Looking good so far! :)  You are brave to post no make up pics! Post some with make up so we can see just how fabulous you can look!

Quote from: XchristineX on April 21, 2013, 06:54:54 PM
And another both pics today

I can't seem to post three pics one post wirh my android

I think you look alot like Jessica Who in this pick and i think she looks fabulous! Again, take some pics with some makeup, I know we all strive to look fabulous with out make up but it does help us out.
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

XchristineX

Wow I just looked up Jessica who

I am very flattered and almost speechless

Thank you totally made my day!!!
  •  

lydia_s

This is me in 2010 (age 16).

This picture was taken a couple days ago. 

•