Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joanna Dark

So, this thread has seems like it needs some action so I thought I'd post a couple before and after pics at two or so months since I started HRT. I just started regular does spiro two weeks ago so I'm hoping to see a lot more changes. But, I think I some of my changes are noticable. Not sure. What do you girls think? Any change? I obviously look 100 percent male, though some say I look totally like a girl but the only time I saw anything was today on the El. I thought, hey, I do look a teeny bit pretty. But then some dick called me bro and oldhead, so it's prob all in my head.  PLEASE DON"T QUOTE.

*pics deleted* :-)
  •  

Jamie D

Okay, I like the changes I am seeing.

Yes, you do look androgynously "male," but less so than before, and some of those things can change with time on hrt.

It looks as if your skin (rosacea?) is clearing (skin under the influence of male hormones is more prone to these skin ailments).  Many of our FtMs get bad acne breakouts on T.  Athletes abusing steroids break out in mounds of "bacne" (back acne).

So don't give up hope.  FFS may be in your future - I know it would be in mine.
  •  

Anna_81

Thats really good for nine weeks!! I can definitley see a differance in your face, a lot smoother and softer looking and as Jamie mentioned the redness is starting to clear.
'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in-between is mine. I am mine'
Ed Vedder - Pearl Jam

•  

Joanna Dark

Thanks. I'll never be able to afford FFS though so yeah. I'm a poor kid from one of the worst neighborhoods in the USA. It's literally called the Badlands. I just started regular dose sprio too and before that it was so low that it prob had no effect. But I'll have to make a decision whether or not to continue HRT given that FFS is something I can't do and the fact that I won't be able to ever pass without it. IDK.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joanna Dark on April 27, 2013, 02:06:54 AM
Thanks. I'll never be able to afford FFS though so yeah. I'm a poor kid from one of the worst neighborhoods in the USA. It's literally called the Badlands. I just started regular dose sprio too and before that it was so low that it prob had no effect. But I'll have to make a decision whether or not to continue HRT given that FFS is something I can't do and the fact that I won't be able to ever pass without it. IDK.

C'mon Joanna you're having some awful self doubts, you have to change that negative tape that's running in your brain. Head out to the nearest shopping mall, get a cup of coffee at one of those kiosks and sit down for awhile while you observe every woman that walks by that probably could use a load of FFS to correct all of their genetic facial problems, and take note how unconcerned about it that they aren't just drop-dead-gorgeous but still seem to be carrying on totally unconcerned. You will note that they all pass even though some of them are as homely as mud hens. Ok sweetie, no more poor me stuff, you are going to be a winner and won'e need FFS to qualify either.
  •  

Rowan Rue

Quote from: Joanna Dark on April 27, 2013, 02:06:54 AM

Listen to Auntie Shan!

For nine weeks on low dose spiro, you're looking great.
Do you pass now?  I don't know, it's always hard to tell from photo's as I'd say 70% of being read as female is about body language.
In the photo you posted I get a very feminine vibe, and with that short a haircut, that's quite something.
I think there's every reason to assume that given time, you absolutely will pass.  and easily at that.
As to your life prospects (getting out of the hood so to speak) there will be opportunities.  Learning to spot them is what differentiates successful people from those who tend to remain at the level they stared at,  but bear this in mind, trying to make success for yourself when you aren't truly you is incredibly hard.  The more in  tune you are with yourself, the more likely you are to be able to spot an open door where once there was a brick wall. I've squandered a ton of opportunities over the years because depression just took the wind out of my sails again and again. 
I'm doing pretty well, but I feel like I'm a decade behind where I should be given all the good fortune I have had over the years.
Since I started transition, I've been a lot more focused on taking advantage of everything that comes my way.  There is no doubt I've lost some of the things that just make life easier for men in this world, but hey, I wasn't taking advantage of them anyway.
I'm not trying to blame people for their situations in life by saying that they "are too lazy too succeed" or something like that.  It's insanely hard to get out of an environment of poverty and maybe you just won't be lucky enough to get that opportunity, but I do know that if you give up even looking for a way out, you'll miss whatever options you might have had.

My personal blog is [url=http
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Rowan Rue on April 27, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

For nine weeks on low dose spiro, you're looking great.

I'm not trying to blame people for their situations in life by saying that they "are too lazy too succeed" or something like that.  It's insanely hard to get out of an environment of poverty and maybe you just won't be lucky enough to get that opportunity, but I do know that if you give up even looking for a way out, you'll miss whatever options you might have had.

Amen to that!  :)
  •  

Joanna Dark

Quote from: Rowan Rue on April 27, 2013, 08:40:29 PM
As to your life prospects (getting out of the hood so to speak) there will be opportunities.  Learning to spot them is what differentiates successful people from those who tend to remain at the level they stared at,  but bear this in mind, trying to make success for yourself when you aren't truly you is incredibly hard.  you are with yourself, the more likely you are to be able to spot an open door where once there was a brick wall.

This is really good advice and you're completely right and I'd be very wise to take it and I will. Thanks so much Rowan! And Shan I'll stop being so oh woe is me lol I'm actually feeling a lot better about myself right now.

P.S. Thanks for your response to Anna! I really appreciate it!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Joanna Dark on April 28, 2013, 01:31:14 PM
This is really good advice and you're completely right and I'd be very wise to take it and I will. Thanks so much Rowan! And Shan I'll stop being so oh woe is me lol I'm actually feeling a lot better about myself right now.

P.S. Thanks for your response to Anna! I really appreciate it!

We all get those up and down moments, glad you're feeling better now hon!
  •  

Comrade Eva

I have to say that I'm inspired by all that I see here i hope to be able to share my journey in such a manner one day.
Eva  :)
  •  

michelle666

Here's my latest timeline pic. Oldest is top left, newest is bottom right. It's about a year and a half.

•  

Caroline_W

Well these are some pictures of me, unfurtunatelly i did not find pictures before hormones but i have after 3 months and then after a year, i hope i can post the pictures properly because i don´t really know how to do it.

This is me at 3 months on hormones:

This is me at one year on hormones:
  •  

Jamiep

@Caroline_W, Wow, totally stunning looking natural Beautiful woman! Love your long curly, wavy hair. Sweet slim figure.

You should post in the introductions, to know you & your journey better.

Welcome to Susan's. A great place to be with wonderful & supportive family here.

Jamiep
We are made of star stuff - Carl Sagan
Express Yourself
Own your zone
  •  

NotThereYet

@Caroline_w:
I don't believe for a second that zou were not born a girl. You are an XX gril who is here to have fn, right?

Andrea
  •  

Caroline_W

hehe girls thanks you are all very sweet, and @Andrea, maybe i wasn´t born male hahahah i´m joking, i guess i was just lucky because since i was 1 year old i always looked like a girl =P i never develop any kind of masculine feature
  •  

Dee

Caroline, I love your smile in that third pic!
This is one voice not to forget;
"Fight every fight like you can win;
An iron fisted champion,"
  •  

michelle666

Caroline, your one year pics remind me of the actress who plays Jessica on True Blue. Simply gorgeous!
  •  

Jennygirl

Well I was talking to Rowan earlier today and she inspired me to put up a more recent before/after pic. I haven't posted in this thread in a while. Thanks Rowan! <3

before

5 months HRT - photos taken today :)

•  

Jamie D

OMG, I can't believe what I'm seeing.   :o

Is that a Miller beer??
  •  

Jennygirl

Quote from: Jamie D on May 04, 2013, 12:32:17 AM
OMG, I can't believe what I'm seeing.   :o

Is that a Miller beer??

All I see is beeerd ;D

That was probably a day and a half of no shaving. I used to be able to grow a beard in like 4 days. It's like my body decided to focus all of it's hair generation energies into everything from my neck up only.
  •