Abstract

Quote from: Marie Simone on October 20, 2011, 10:11:08 PM
Okay lets give this another Try. 

This was before HRT started. 

After 5 Months HRT.

After 7 Months HRT.

After 8 Months HRT.

Now at 10 Months HRT.

I See a diffrence in me. I hope you all do!  I know theres a girl there!
Seem passable to me in the end...big diff... i mean definite similarity but definite difference... i would suggest longer hair though... short hair doesn't seem to suit you...IDk though
"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." -Socrates
"Nature herself has imprinted on the minds of all the idea of God." -Cicero
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without necessarily believing it." -Aristotle
  •  

Colleen Ireland

Quote from: Tammy Hope on October 23, 2011, 02:14:17 AM
why did you take the extensions out if it was so traumatic?

The kind I had only last a couple of months.

•  

Gingertrap

I just updated my timeline.

The first picture is from when I was 18 and the second is a few months before starting hormones. I am finally starting to feel some satisfaction with the progress I've made.

Mod: I had to delete your image because it had hormone dosages on it which is against the Terms of Service Agreement.  Please feel free to edit the photo, with the dosages removed and repost.

Update: I removed the dose information from my timeline. I was trying to be informative so others might get an idea of how dose affected my transition but I guess you will have to check my blog if you want that information.

Oh and the ToS highly discourages the discussion of dose, in my book that does not mean that it prohibits it. If it does prohibit it, it should flat out say that it is not aloud.

Anyways,
here it is!

http://gingertrap.com/ ~ My transition blog.
  •  

Lynn

You are gorgeous! How did you get your hair that smooth in your before? I have a similar color and length but it's not nearly as shiny (and I do take good care of it).

I need your secrets! :P
  •  

Gingertrap

Quote from: Lynn on October 23, 2011, 10:45:21 AM
You are gorgeous! How did you get your hair that smooth in your before? I have a similar color and length but it's not nearly as shiny (and I do take good care of it).

I need your secrets! :P

Thank you! I wish I had some amazing hair secret but before transitioning I pretty much just used your average shampoo/conditioner from cvs. I usually shower every other day. Starting in 2010 I used Rusk Moist shampoo and Smother conditioner and it worked well but costed like $13 a bottle!

Now I am using a solution of baking soda (1tbps/1 cup water) to wash it and a solution of apple cider vinegar(same amount) to condition. It works surprisingly well and costs far less. My hair looks a little dryer but it could also be that I haven't gotten it cut in over a year.  :P
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Gingertrap on October 23, 2011, 10:27:24 AM

The first picture is from when I was 18 and the second is a few months before starting hormones. I am finally starting to feel some satisfaction with the progress I've made.

Mod: I had to delete your image because it had hormone dosages on it which is against the Terms of Service Agreement.  Please feel free to edit the photo, with the dosages removed and repost.

Update: I removed the dose information from my timeline. I was trying to be informative so others might get an idea of how dose affected my transition but I guess you will have to check my blog if you want that information.

How do you make a timeline?
  •  

Gingertrap

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on October 23, 2011, 06:38:08 PM
How do you make a timeline?

I use photoshop to put mine together. I have made it a point to regularly take pictures to document my progress. I try to use pictures with a similar angle/composition so you can tell what has changed. It can be as complicated or simple as you want!
  •  

Cadence Jean

to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

jessicas37

me in purple  wife in red two closest friends drag queens and my favorite queen hag trish

before

before

honest opinions please!!!!
  •  

Jamie Nicole

so.....with over 7000 views and over 200 comments, maybe it's time to move this up the page to the "official before and after thread"  ;)
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Jamie Nicole on October 24, 2011, 11:08:03 PM
so.....with over 7000 views and over 200 comments, maybe it's time to move this up the page to the "official before and after thread"  ;)

I was the person who caused it.
  •  

niamh

pretty pictures

Looking very good! You're beautiful.

Quote from: mandyh92 on October 24, 2011, 10:34:18 PM

honest opinions please!!!!

Try to shead a few pounds and make your eye area more defined. It looks really dark and messy.

And SMILE! You look as if you are surprised in your pictures.

:)

I wish you luck in your transition.
  •  

Jen-Jen

Quote from: JoeyD on October 20, 2011, 08:08:09 PM

lol ogod.
look at me trying to be a br0.
point and laugh with me.

._______.
Wow Joey just Wow lol ( pointing and laughing like you asked!) ;D
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Jen-Jen

Quote from: Jennywocky on October 16, 2011, 10:23:51 PM
Summer 2002 (age 33)

I can't find the pic at about age 36 where I gained a lot of weight, had my head shaved, and looked very tired and depressed, but those were very dark and miserable days.

I started transition at age 38. I was actually pretty amazed at how much hormones did for me at that age. Here's a pic from the first summer I was on HRT (Summer 2008).

And here's what I look now. I'm about 40 pounds heavier than I am in the last pic; the weight filled in my lower face again and so my face doesn't look as youthfully curvy as it did in the last pic. I'm currently exercising and dieting in order to get back to the "skinnier" me and just feel healthier overall.

October 2011 (age 42)

Amazing! You look fantastc! You look really cute in your 2008 pic aww so innocent! Lol! I think you look great in your current pic too, no need for wieght loss!
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Ashley_C

The first picture is from when I was 18 and the second is a few months before starting hormones. I am finally starting to feel some satisfaction with the progress I've made.]

You look great.

I just checked out your blog, too. Bookmarked.

We must move forward... not backwards, not to the side, not forwards, but always whirling, whirling, whirling towards freedom.

My mindless babbling are my own opinions and nothing more.
  •  

Gingertrap

Quote from: Rach_A on October 29, 2011, 04:17:12 PM
You look great.

I just checked out your blog, too. Bookmarked.
Quote from: Cadence Jean on October 24, 2011, 08:49:41 PM
Amazing, Ginger - you look gorgeous!  Ever consider modeling?

Thanks! And I have sort of considered modeling, I think it would be fun to try at some point.
Up until this point I've just said I'd wait until I was prettier and I haven't really had a chance.

Quote from: Venus-Castina on October 25, 2011, 07:17:07 AM
Thanks for making this thread, seeing all these changes gives me hope for the future.

You look great!

In 2005 you were like "Derp"

But then in 2011 you were like "cuteness!"
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Venus-Castina on October 25, 2011, 07:17:07 AM
Thanks for making this thread, seeing all these changes gives me hope for the future.

You could have been in FRESH MEN magazine centerfold in your before pics.
  •  

Jaime

Just for the heck of it.

Me at 30, in 1993.

Me at 48, this year.

I didn't start transition until 2004, but I have few photos of me before then, I tended to avoid cameras.
  •  

Lynn

Jaime, it's amazing how you look younger now than you did 18 years ago. It might be the beard though, but that guy looks older than 30, and you look younger than 48.
  •  

Jaime

Quote from: Lynn on November 19, 2011, 10:00:05 AM
Jaime, it's amazing how you look younger now than you did 18 years ago. It might be the beard though, but that guy looks older than 30, and you look younger than 48.
well, after I started transitioning, the hormones helped with all that and with a minor weight gain. I do still smoke though:(  I do take better care of my skin now too.
  •