Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen-Jen

Lol. Wow! But she does have the pic on her avatar so... kinda asked for it!
Don't judge a book by its cover! My lifes been like a country song! True love, amazing grace, severe heartbreak, buckles, boots n spurs! I 've been thrown off the bull a couple times, I keep getting up and dusting myself off! Can't give up on my happily ever after!
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: JennyCop on January 04, 2012, 10:09:37 AM
Lol. Wow! But she does have the pic on her avatar so... kinda asked for it!

At least it's not Sarah Jessica Parker.
  •  

JenJen2011

"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: JenJen2011 on January 04, 2012, 02:54:38 PM
and you're back!!!!! :)

Yeah..... :)

Until I express my opinion and someone has kittens. LOL
  •  

Amalina

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on January 04, 2012, 02:57:51 PM
Yeah..... :)

Until I express my opinion and someone has kittens. LOL

You are one of my favorite posters here. Every forum needs some honesty in it at times. ;)

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Amalina on January 04, 2012, 03:15:24 PM
. Every forum needs some honesty in it at times. ;)

Emphasis on the BOLD
  •  

Amalina

Well I'd prefer to see it all the time myself. I just don't think the internet could handle that break in the blissful ignorance it builds up through walls of compliments peppered with trolls to dilute the actual honesty.

I'm just rambling now, I just "came out" to someone on another forum in PM that happens to be a mod and I'm waiting to see if it was a trap to boot me or not, so I'm a bit scared I like that place even if they wouldn't like me. I probably shouldn't have done that.

heh

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Amalina on January 04, 2012, 03:50:02 PM
Well I'd prefer to see it all the time myself. I just don't think the internet could handle that break in the blissful ignorance it builds up through walls of compliments peppered with trolls to dilute the actual honesty.

Bliss ignorance is the life. LOL

But that aside, I feel people empower certain individuals on this board... Meaning, if I was in a different position in my transition, I wouldn't have the power to just say what I want... I feel there are several people here whom we given the right to express what they'd like, I think it's due to admiration. I am not tryin to hurt anyone with my opinion though.

But I love being respected and hated here... It reminds me of how I am IRL. My fb wall is basically Beavis and Butthead meet Tim Gunn from "Project Runway".

•  

Amalina

Quote from: Mahsa the disco shark on January 04, 2012, 03:56:37 PM
But that aside, I feel people empower certain individuals on this board... Meaning, if I was in a different position in my transition, I wouldn't have the power to just say what I want... I feel there are several people here whom we given the right to express what they'd like, I think it's due to admiration. I am not tryin to hurt anyone with my opinion though.

I can see that already about the admiration. It's definitely one of the factors for me on a few people. Also I think that's the problem some may have with you, unfortunately they see honest opinion as being mean. I don't think I've read anything of yours that I would take as mean. People can get hurt easy though, I fall into that as well, but so far thankfully I've seen very little real mean words around the board and none towards me yet.

At least some of us appreciate those like you who are willing to be blunt. *hug*

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Amalina on January 04, 2012, 04:27:44 PM
I can see that already about the admiration. It's definitely one of the factors for me on a few people. Also I think that's the problem some may have with you, unfortunately they see honest opinion as being mean. I don't think I've read anything of yours that I would take as mean. People can get hurt easy though, I fall into that as well, but so far thankfully I've seen very little real mean words around the board and none towards me yet.

Transition for some people is like renovating your house and replacing the entire house frame with glass. Basically, if you live as a male and are good at being male, its hard to live as a female. Believe me, it took me a long time to develop a tough shell...Because people are gonna say and do stuff that will shatter your transition...No matter who you are. I've been offended by my coworkers more times than I'd like to count. But guess what? I dealt with it, processed their opinions, and proved them wrong or simply didn't give a f****. But I had less distance to travel in my transition, as I was already fairly andro as a boy. A lot of people don't have that option or have parents who didn't care how their son presented herself.

No one wants their "passing" shattered or anything else. I even posted a photo of me without makeup, because a few people on here said I wore too much makeup or whatever in some feeble attack of "trannier than thou". In the world of plastic trannies, that took balls. I look exactly the same without makeup, maybe even better LOL

But I didn't always have a high opinion of myself. In high school and college, I was timid and weak. It wasn't until I started living as a gay male that I got the power to be bad ass. I think my male duality has helped me through a lot and on a board where people are in essence transitioning(wanting the priviledge of genetic females). Ego stroking and raunchy humor can be hard to bare. But I am also very supportive of many people here...they WERQK it and are awesome individuals.

•  

Amalina

Yeah unfortunately for me I fit the "good at being male" part. I'm not the typical super macho homophobe jock type but most would probably be hard pressed to ever see me as anything but male with how I look now, big guy, facial hair etc. things hard to get rid of since thats always been you so it will really make people question any major change, like shaving would for me.

I wish I could post pics but the thought that somehow i might be outed if someone i knew stumbled on it in a search or something is too much to deal with right now. I am pretty sure I already know my likeliness of ever passing. I am pretty sure also where my life is heading. I have a few things to do before then though so not committing to anything yet one way or the other.

I definitely envy your strength, I wish I knew I'd get there myself someday. Thanks.

Keaira

You have that strength within you already. Don't let the world decide how you should be. It is your life after all.
  •  

Jennifer.L

Oh Marsha,  I've seen those no make up pictures and as a lesbian I must say you are a an attractive and defiantly feminine girl.  You one of the girls I try to emulate when I'm learning to open my self up.  God being my self not Him is like taking my foot out of a  wet shoe after a long day.  >.<  that a weird image.

I love the picture of you in the Shorty jean shorts BTW :-)  Sooooo cute sweety.
Live your life.

•  

mixie

Quote from: Amalina on January 04, 2012, 04:57:11 PM
Yeah unfortunately for me I fit the "good at being male" part. I'm not the typical super macho homophobe jock type but most would probably be hard pressed to ever see me as anything but male with how I look now, big guy, facial hair etc. things hard to get rid of since thats always been you so it will really make people question any major change, like shaving would for me.

I wish I could post pics but the thought that somehow i might be outed if someone i knew stumbled on it in a search or something is too much to deal with right now. I am pretty sure I already know my likeliness of ever passing. I am pretty sure also where my life is heading. I have a few things to do before then though so not committing to anything yet one way or the other.

I definitely envy your strength, I wish I knew I'd get there myself someday. Thanks.

You should really go through this thread and look at the older pix.  I am stunned at how macho the before pictures were on here.  Absolutely floored at the transitions.  I thought that an andro type of guy would transition and pass better but I've seen that's not necessarily true at all.

Be who you are and the rest will follow.    Find yourself don't ask others to guide you to yourself.  Only you can do that.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Jennifer.L on January 05, 2012, 02:04:14 PM
Oh Marsha,  I've seen those no make up pictures and as a lesbian I must say you are a an attractive and defiantly feminine girl.  You one of the girls I try to emulate when I'm learning to open my self up.  God being my self not Him is like taking my foot out of a  wet shoe after a long day.  >.<  that a weird image.

I love the picture of you in the Shorty jean shorts BTW :-)  Sooooo cute sweety.

Just don't emulate my "powdering of my nose". I don't want you to get in trouble LOL

Well I am very flattered. I think you're cute as well...I love the lighter hair.

But again, transition is different things to different people. I did because I could...other people did it because of dsyphoria or whatever.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: mixie on January 05, 2012, 02:57:23 PM
Be who you are and the rest will follow.    Find yourself don't ask others to guide you to yourself.  Only you can do that.

Another former gay boy.

•  

Amalina

Quote from: mixie on January 05, 2012, 02:57:23 PM
You should really go through this thread and look at the older pix.  I am stunned at how macho the before pictures were on here.  Absolutely floored at the transitions.  I thought that an andro type of guy would transition and pass better but I've seen that's not necessarily true at all.

Yeah I lurked here for a bit before joining and went through pretty much this entire thread, there were some amazing transitions. I have always had an insecurity about myself that I did my best to hide, guys aren't supposed to be insecure  ::) , looking at myself now and what it would take to get remotely close just seems so impossible.

Most of the people that transition really well seem to be already slightly feminine in body, the closest I have to that is my arms/hands aren't overly bulky, the rest of me is huge. Since I've been trying to figure this out, on if I should attempt transition, I can't seem to control the self esteem issues. It's like now that I'm not pretending to myself so hard to be the "guy" on the inside my emotions are breaking to the surface. I'm not even sure that makes sense since it's so fast and I'm not on anything other than anti depressants. I've never been particularly stable anyways but still.

Mahsa, that is an amazing transition there. Thanks both of you, I hope I don't bother people here too much being such a downer about myself. I just don't have anywhere else beside my blog to figure things out about myself. My normal forum I used to frequent a lot is faith based so obviously they are of no help and I feel awkward there now :( . Please let me know if I need to hush up or anything. I will totally understand.

Carly

Everyone in this thread is an inspiration.  Thank you all for having the courage to post your pics.
  •  

pyradraconia

Quote from: Fighter Sadie on October 11, 2011, 07:10:50 AM
Whenever I look at this thread it really makes me want to start transitioning ASAP! You all look so great in your afters, it's like magic! I really can't wait to see what hormones, among other things, has in store for me :).

I think the same way you do about this
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

Before E

After a couple months give or take of HRT

•