Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Gurl

Wow, I looked up and down this tread to make sure my glasses weren't playing tricks on me.  SO many pretty ladies out there!  Congrats to all!!
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •  

RhinoP

Oh wow, KateConners, your pictures prove my (and many leading scientists') theory that a truly handsome man (and I mean a truly symmetrically handsome man, not a man that has a huge chin, nose, and forehead and is only considered "handsome" by a 1950's sports-minded aesthetic) will also make for an incredibly beautiful, sexy woman. You're insanely beautiful, and I can tell from your male picture that under all the hair, you had a very symmetrical, incredibly symmetric, playful, youthful, healthy face. It can make transitioning very easy!

And Keaira, your appearance keeps getting better and better with every new picture! To be completely honest, I've always been a bit worried about your HRT, for awhile it's seemed that some of the problems you had with your male image still persisted pretty strongly (thicker follicles, acne/scarring, quite a bit of masculine facial fat distribution). It seems like things are slowly improving, but for the time you've been on it, I  may suggest getting a second opinion on your treatment plan, or to look for outside treatments for these traits beyond simply HRT. I've just studied which traits are caused by testosterone and male androgens, and just from looking at your image, it's obvious that your going to make a very cute girl, and that this is definately the right path for you, it's just it hurts me when the progress gets "slowed down" for anyone, possibly because of unexperienced doctors, so I really want your doctor to be sure that he's created the right plan for you! To me, it just seems as though some of these traits should be more improved by now, but then again it also seems like there is indeed some slow progress, so it may just need more time. At any rate I think you have a really unique look that will only keep getting cuter and cuter!
  •  

Bridal Wish

Quote from: Samantha_Marie on October 06, 2011, 02:11:56 AM
Pre anything, taken around June or July of '10

Taken about a month and a half ago

I don't really like this one of me and the quality sucks but it's the only one of me I have to share since my phone is being crazy since the new droid update.
O.O.... the difference is huge!! This is actually i huge amount of hope for me... after thinking i'd just look like a guy in a dress... this is what I hope ill look like!!
  •  

Keaira

Quote from: R&T-Place on February 21, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
And Keaira, your appearance keeps getting better and better with every new picture! To be completely honest, I've always been a bit worried about your HRT, for awhile it's seemed that some of the problems you had with your male image still persisted pretty strongly (thicker follicles, acne/scarring, quite a bit of masculine facial fat distribution). It seems like things are slowly improving, but for the time you've been on it, I  may suggest getting a second opinion on your treatment plan, or to look for outside treatments for these traits beyond simply HRT. I've just studied which traits are caused by testosterone and male androgens, and just from looking at your image, it's obvious that your going to make a very cute girl, and that this is definately the right path for you, it's just it hurts me when the progress gets "slowed down" for anyone, possibly because of unexperienced doctors, so I really want your doctor to be sure that he's created the right plan for you! To me, it just seems as though some of these traits should be more improved by now, but then again it also seems like there is indeed some slow progress, so it may just need more time. At any rate I think you have a really unique look that will only keep getting cuter and cuter!

Unique hm? Well I could say I am that. :P
In what way do I have a unique look? I'm just curious.
My Doctor started me off on a low dosage because she found that a lot of people were disappointed with their breast development if they were put on a maximum dosage. Something about tubular breasts or something. Right now, I'm almost at maximum dosage, which I will probably be put on when I see my doctor on the 6th of March. I'm not the only TS patient my Doctor see's so I'm confident in her advice.
But I do appreciate your concern. *hugs*

Also, Today marks 1 year of HRT for me. Happy Anniversary to me :P I can't wait to see how I change by next year.

•  

Cadence Jean

I also have to second the opinion that pencil thin eyebrows only work on select individuals.  And I don't see how drawn on eyebrows could work for anybody except the lead singer of the Dresden Dolls.  KateConnors and JoeyD - absolutely smashing in my book!  Joey - what's up with being down on your hair, girl?  It's long and flowy and gorgeous!
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

Tazia of the Omineca

•  

sysm29

•  

Ultimus

Quote from: oogie292 on February 22, 2012, 02:44:45 PM

Wow. First of all, I am not homosexual, but I will be the first to tell you that you were a BEAUTIFUL man. Now you are an equally stunning female. You should feel nothing but the highest self-esteem.
  •  

Keaira

I agree with jdinatale. A little heavy with the make-up perhaps, but I'm curious as to what you were thinking at the time you took the picture because you have a surprised expression. As many have told me I'm passing the same advice to you. Smile. If you want something to smile about, think of a happy memory or something funny that happened to you. ^_^
  •  

mixie

Quote from: oogie292 on February 22, 2012, 02:44:45 PM

Everyone knows that I'm always complaining about too much make up.  I think this is an excellent example of someone who can get away with a lot of makeup. It's tastefully done and very dramatic. I think you look gorgeous beyond belief.  This is "lots of make up" done very well.

Kiera more and more you remind me of Kate Jackson.  I'm going to PM you a couple pix since Torn wigs out when I post them on here.  (sorry Torn,  (((Hugs))))
  •  

Keaira

Quote from: mixie on February 24, 2012, 05:00:14 PM

Kiera more and more you remind me of Kate Jackson.  I'm going to PM you a couple pix since Torn wigs out when I post them on here.  (sorry Torn,  (((Hugs))))

I look forward to seeing them.
  •  

Cadence Jean

Quote from: Zylphia on February 22, 2012, 08:02:22 PM
*draws her eyebrows on* ;A;

Gross!

But not gross enough to change that you're lovely. ;)
to make more better goodness

I have returned to recording on TransByDef!  Watch us at: https://www.youtube.com/TransByDef
  •  

Whitney

I'd hardly say I'm anywhere near the "after" mark, at least in my own eyes, but I may as well contribute. Anything to post with my new avatar<3

First year at university in my dorm room. I'm very sad I lost that oil of Starry Night I bought outside the Guggenheim. Also, ewwww, gross! Face pubes...

Returning form a year long leave of absence, I'm really glad I went back to that school. On top of the Empire State building visiting NY with my dad and little brother before term.

2010ish-2011ish
This is probably one of the last images of me before I began my transition. I miss the simplicity of showers back then... I'm in my apartment sometime during the last two years at university; though the background is pretty nondescript ;-).

I just took these with my webcam, sorry that the webcam sucks for pictures. I really need to invest in a quality camera that isn't a stupid gigantic DSLR. Just over a year on HRT.

And we let the hair down...

Personally, I don't think a whole lot has changed. If I struck those same poses without makeup as in the before shots I'd probably look the same more or less. Though, I'm absolutely my harshest critic, no two ways about that, so who knows. And before anyone says anything about the shadow, you gotta grow some to zap some. I already had to cancel one electro appointment because I was weak and gave in and shaved it all off to go out on Saturday. I'm covering up like three day's growth here with pretty minimal makeup. :-\
  •  

Keaira

Actually Whitney, I think that's a big difference.. You're pretty ^_^ I definitely like the current you Vs. the old shaved head look.
  •  

Anne

Whitney you look great. It might be harder to point out single changes but overall you look very different and very beautiful.  :)
  •  

Jennifer.L

Quote from: Whitney on February 27, 2012, 11:57:20 PM
I'd hardly say I'm anywhere near the "after" mark, at least in my own eyes, but I may as well contribute. Anything to post with my new avatar<3

First year at university in my dorm room. I'm very sad I lost that oil of Starry Night I bought outside the Guggenheim. Also, ewwww, gross! Face pubes...

Returning form a year long leave of absence, I'm really glad I went back to that school. On top of the Empire State building visiting NY with my dad and little brother before term.

2010ish-2011ish
This is probably one of the last images of me before I began my transition. I miss the simplicity of showers back then... I'm in my apartment sometime during the last two years at university; though the background is pretty nondescript ;-).

I just took these with my webcam, sorry that the webcam sucks for pictures. I really need to invest in a quality camera that isn't a stupid gigantic DSLR. Just over a year on HRT.

And we let the hair down...

Personally, I don't think a whole lot has changed. If I struck those same poses without makeup as in the before shots I'd probably look the same more or less. Though, I'm absolutely my harshest critic, no two ways about that, so who knows. And before anyone says anything about the shadow, you gotta grow some to zap some. I already had to cancel one electro appointment because I was weak and gave in and shaved it all off to go out on Saturday. I'm covering up like three day's growth here with pretty minimal makeup. :-\

Sweety your the best.  Are you single xD.  I can joke about it but really sweety.  I like girls and I wouldn't turn you down.  :)
Live your life.

•  

rachl

Quote from: Whitney on February 27, 2012, 11:57:20 PM

We're always our harshest critics, but you look awesome.
  •  

Jennifer.L

You look like someone REALLY CUTE older sister. 
Live your life.

•  

Penny Gurl

Whitney you're very pretty and yes, a lot has changed! Be proud!

:)
"My dad and I used to be pretty tight. The sad truth is, my breasts have come between us."

~Angela~
My So-Called Life
  •