Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

The before and after thread.

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 01, 2011, 05:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supremecatoverlord

Quote from: Jamie D on July 25, 2012, 10:56:51 PM
When you get on the girl juice, you're going to be friggin' gorgeous.
I have to agree with this.
She passes quite well already and quite attractively at that.
Meow.

•  

Sarah Anne

You can't imagine how wonderful it has been to hear such positive reinforcement. I had a therapy session today and I told my therapist that I had made my first post and shared some of the comments with him. He said "See? Told ya!" I have a pretty big self esteem problem and he said posting here was another major step in my coming to terms.

@Make_it_good - Thank you so much! The July pic is one of my favorites.

@Madison Leigh - Thanx! I wish my body felt good but I guess it's aging worse than my looks :D

@[Redacted] - I avoid the sun as much as I can. Two summers ago I started working with self tanning lotions. I find some work pretty good without turning you orange! In the past two months, I've actually started having some issues passing as a guy when I'm trying to and that's the thing that scares me about HRT. I want to tell people when I am ready, not because of changes I can't hide. Yet I'm excited to see what's in store!

@NotThereYet - Thank you soooo much! I didn't know what hirsutism was so I had to Google it. I can assure you that is not the case. At times I still feel like I'm not passable and struggle with going out. My worst enemy is indeed my height. I am just under 6 feet so I make a pretty tall woman. When people in public do glance at me, I like to believe it's just because I'm tall and not because I'm not presenting well. From my first moment out, I never noticed many people looking at me, but the few that did seem to get less and less as time moves forward. My wife has commented a couple of times that I looked better than she did. She's not happy during those moments and understandably so.

@JasonRX - ^_^
  •  

Shang

SarahAnne, 

People like tall girls.  I'm 5'10" and am forced to go out as a girl for various reasons.  People always compliment me on my height (both sexes do this) and it's one of the things that most guys I've dated have rather liked.  Height can definitely be awesome.  I know I like seeing girls taller than me (partially because I'm like "oh, god, I'm not alone" and partially because it's a bit awe-inspiring to me).  I don't think I'm doing a very good job at explaining it. =/ 

Anyway, I think you look fantastic and I couldn't believe you hadn't started HRT yet.  I also love your snazzy top in the last picture! <3

•  

Jennifer.L

@SarahAnne  Wow, thats impressive hun :)You look great :D
Live your life.

•  

NotThereYet

@SarahAnne: Sorry about my silly terminology!!! I can't help it! :-)
Yes, I can guarantee you that they glance at you because you are a pretty tall gal, which is not a bad thing, on the contrary it is a very attractive feature: men love tall women.
That said, I personally don't think height is that important, at all, I am 5'8"-5'9" myself, therefore definitely not short, more important is how you carry yourself: you can be 5'5" and look clumsy and graceless, and you can be 6'2" and be like a beautiful gazelle. I saw a woman in a store, last week, who was at least 6'2" and her friend, who was with her, was just about as tall as I am. Well, people were looking at her, obviously, since she was pretty tall, but, nonetheless, she had a way about her that was very nice and fluid. I don't know you in person, but from the pictures you have posted I can tell that you have a lot of grace and style. You will be just fine, just get used to being looked at: people love tall women, especially women themselves. Also, just a tip, don't only wear flats: you will appear to be taller than you are, rather wear low heels. :-) Talking about shoes, what is your shoe size? And how is your voice? Congrats again and talk to you soon, you beautiful princess!  PS Your wife seems to be great at embracing your true self: how did you manage that?
  •  

Sarah Anne

I often do wear low heels. I'm quite happy with my shoe size as I vary from 9 to 9.5 in almost everything. People have told stories of losing up to a whole shoe size on HRT....8.5 would make me a VERY happy girl while an 8?! I can't even imagine that!!

I never had a really deep man voice and I sing in the baratone range so I can do tenor or bass very well. I've been working with several on-line "vocal instructions" trying to get locked into the female range. I'm still nervous when I speak so that sometimes causes some hesitation and volume problems.

My wife is really "my world!" As I began wearing more female things and changing my appearance, she always got sad that the man she fell in love with was disappearing. Now 6 months later, she tells me that seeing me in "guy mode" is becoming the "more awkward" look!  ;D Our relationship is closer than it has ever been!

Here's a pic that I quickly snapped yesterday in the mirror before heading off the therapy. It's so hard sneaking into the car hoping the neighbors don't see cuz we don't have a garage, just a driveway!

Is there a specific forum I can move my "progress and adventures" to? I don't want to keep eating up space here in the "before and after" thread. But I would like to keep everyone up to date on my progress ^_^

Sarah
  •  

NotThereYet

Hi Sarah,

I think you are not "eating up any space", at all, you are actually being an inspiration to us all, especially me! We are about the same age, we are in the same situation in terms of relationships, and you are just a bit taller (I am 5'9" something), but your feet are smaller: I am a women's 10, sometimes even 11, depending on the shoe!!!!!

I am very interested about your vocal training: do you have some sites to recommend? Do you have any tips for me? I would really appreciate any help.

Also, may I ask you where you stand at in terms of romantic interests, in a purely hypothetical way, since I sense that you are very happy with your wife, and you are strictly monogamous, just like myself, are you hetero, bi? If you feel more comfortable to talk privately abut this, please, feel free to send me a PM.

I send you lots of love and admiration, you beautiful, classy lady,
Andrea
  •  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: Bexi on July 26, 2012, 07:36:03 AM
That's a transformation even Optimus Prime would be proud of  :P!
You mean even more inexplicable than a disappearing trailer?!? ;D  Seriously though, you're right.  I was blown away too!  Congrats, SarahAnne!

BTW, Bexi, many thanks for my first rep +1! :-*

•  

JenAtLast

Quote from: SarahAnne on July 25, 2012, 09:04:42 PM
Hi everyone...this is a first for me but I really wanted to share what I've done so far.
I am turning 40 on Saturday (OMG! I'M IN DENIAL! LOL) and I've gotten a late start.
As you can tell, I'm new and my original intro can be seen at https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,123433.0.html

I know this is more of the "before and after HRT" thread and it's important to say I am currently Pre-HRT". Yet in the past year and a half, I've been working very hard to prepare myself for the big event. This is what I have done by just growing out my hair, starting a daily facial and body moisturizer routine, laser hair removal and beginning to lose weight. I have my first endo appointment on Oct 4th. I'm only out to my wife, 2 best friends and the medical community. This is the first I've shared this on-line  ;D

Here I am from 2005

Let my hair grow out for the first time in winter 2011
This is where I decide to begin transition...and start shaping my brows.

Jump ahead 1 year to January 2012.
I have had 5 laser hair removal treatments and I am down 10 pounds from the previous photo.
This is no makeup.

Here is May 2012 - I am down 15 pounds from my starting weight and with makeup.

June 2012 - My hair has gotten long enough to pull back! 9 inches
Received my 9th LHR treatment.

Here is a current photo in July 2012 - This was last week. I am down 25 pounds from my starting weight.

Finally here I am from 2003 compared to about 2 weeks ago.

I usually sneak out like this on the weekends to places I feel I wont run into someone.
I still want to lose another 20 pounds before starting HRT and I'm getting very excited to do so.
I shoulda put this on the official "do I pass formum" but the more I thought about it, this really is kind of my "before and after"! BEFORE I had the nerve to pursue what I wanted and AFTER a year and a half of working hard at reaching the goal!!
Thanx for looking ^_^

Sarah
Sarah, you look great! 
It's never too late...I am 48.  Good for you on living your dream and going for it!
Best wishes,
Jen
  •  

Carolina1983

Ok its not been long (3 months and 1 week on hormones). But I would still like to post in this thread too see what others think of my progress so far.

Horrible picture for my airside pass :P .

Really depressed here.

Hey I think that I didnt try hard enough. Lets get on it again shall we?

Nope I cant stand this lets leave work and kill myself (did thankfully not succeed).

Exacly one year ago.. I finally accepted that I had a big problem and that I need to take care of that.

All pictures are taken the last week.

Still just started this journey and I hope that I will make alot more progress and eventually pass in the future.

My nosejob is the next big milestone which I hope that I will reach this winter.

Sorry for a kind of big post.
  •  

dapplepool

Before (I'm the one on the left lol):

After:

•  

dapplepool

Omg yes I was, I was skiing! You recognized it?
  •  

snowboarderchic

Quote from: dapplepool on July 30, 2012, 06:51:07 PM
Omg yes I was, I was skiing! You recognized it?
How is Tremblant? I get free tickets there and live about 5 hours away.
You look great BTW. I, like so many others wish I could have transitioned as young as you!!
  •  

dapplepool

Omg it's amazing, you should totally go when you have the chance. Stay for a weekend or something. We rented a cottage on the mountain for a week so we could just ski out the door and onto the slopes, it was perfect!

And thank you. :)
  •  

Kevin Peña

I really needed to see this. My only lingering fear that I would remain male-looking is gone. Thanks so much!

PS--> A lot of you ladies look more feminine than some biological women I know...
  •  

NotThereYet

Quote from: DianaP on July 31, 2012, 09:27:13 PM
I really needed to see this. My only lingering fear that I would remain male-looking is gone. Thanks so much!

PS--> A lot of you ladies look more feminine than some biological women I know...

I agree!!! Carolina: you are stunning!!!

Andrea
  •  

Sarah Anne

Quote from: NotThereYet on July 28, 2012, 03:17:12 PM
Hi Sarah,

I think you are not "eating up any space", at all, you are actually being an inspiration to us all, especially me! We are about the same age, we are in the same situation in terms of relationships, and you are just a bit taller (I am 5'9" something), but your feet are smaller: I am a women's 10, sometimes even 11, depending on the shoe!!!!!

I am very interested about your vocal training: do you have some sites to recommend? Do you have any tips for me? I would really appreciate any help.

Also, may I ask you where you stand at in terms of romantic interests, in a purely hypothetical way, since I sense that you are very happy with your wife, and you are strictly monogamous, just like myself, are you hetero, bi? If you feel more comfortable to talk privately abut this, please, feel free to send me a PM.

I send you lots of love and admiration, you beautiful, classy lady,
Andrea

Hi again!
I tried to PM you but it told me I'm not allowed to do that yet. Guess I'm still too new :)

I don't mind responding here though...The voice training I found the most effective was at http://www.exceptionalvoice.com/
I've realized you don't need to get up very high to be in the "female range". It's ultimately more about how you speak and how your words flow compared to sounding like a poor Mickey Mouse impersonator! However, because I'm often nervous about presenting, sometimes I speak softly and people can't hear me. I'm getting better with time though...it's all about experience.

As far as my love interests go, I'm still not clear how to classify myself. I'm hetero from a male perspective but lesbian from a female perspective. I'm never quite sure how to say that. I love my wife with all my heart and I have never been attracted to males. Yet I have come to realize that my attraction to females has always been more of a "desire to be" rather than male lust. But I am fine with that. Some have claimed that once on HRT, they began "noticing" men. I'm happy the way I am so I hope that doesn't ring true, even though it seems to be the more natural acceptance.

Sarah
  •  

NotThereYet

Hi Sarah!!!

Yep, you need only five more posts (total of 15) and then you will be able to send PM"s :-)
I took a look at that page you mentioned (http://www.exceptionalvoice.com/) and I must say it looks like you need an advanced degree, like a PhD r something, in some technical field in order to digest all that!!! J How expensive is it, though? How much has it cost you so far, if I may ask? Also, what software program(s) do you need in order to do the stuff that they recommend you to do?

Well, I am very glad that your romantic needs are covered, I think you can rally call yourself super lucky! J
What I find interesting is how many, rather feminine, not butch, TS/TG women are exclusively attracted to women. Maybe I will have to start a survey like thread to see what the percentages are. J

Andrea

•  

Violet Bloom

Quote from: NotThereYet on August 01, 2012, 03:57:42 PM
What I find interesting is how many, rather feminine, not butch, TS/TG women are exclusively attracted to women. Maybe I will have to start a survey like thread to see what the percentages are.
I would be very interested in this because I feel pretty certain I will be this way myself after transition.  I know myself well enough.  Sometimes I feel like not enough of them are speaking up around here.

•  

xxchristina22

wow a lot of great pics! I admire how you all have let your inner self out and have transitioned. Maybe one day I will be bold enough to do it
  •