News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

The Before & After FFS thread!

Started by Forever21Chic, October 04, 2011, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Star Girl

@veronicayork
I am most pleased that you had decided to join the Susan's Place.
Thank you for writing your posting here on this thread.... other members will be along to offer their thoughts and comments in response to your specific questions and concerns..

By now you know that this is the right place for you to be to find out what others may have to say that may have been in your circumstances and with your questions and concerns.
    There are a lot of members here that will be able to identify with your situation as you continue to feel free to share it.

Please allow me to warmly WELCOME you to Susan's Place
You will find this a safe and friendly place to share with others and to read about others similar trials, tribulations, and successes.

As you are certainly aware you can share with others and involve yourself with some give and take with other like-minded members.  When frustrated or if you have successes you can share it here if you wish and receive support from others and offer support to others. ....
     ***It's a very good chance that you might find that you will make some new friends here. 

Please come in and continue to be involved at your own pace.
I have included information about the site that will help you navigate around and best utilize the features here.   
Please look closely at the LINKS in RED, answers are there to many questions that new members ask.

Again, Welcome to Susan's Place.
Danielle

Here are some links to the site rules and stuff that all new members should be familiar with:

Things that you should read

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

Northern Star Girl

@veronicayork
Oh, and another thing, please find your way to the  Introductions Forum and write a brief introduction post and summary about yourself so that more members here on the Susan's Place forums will be aware of your arrival and therefore you may obtain more responses and information that you might be looking for and you will be able to share with others.

Enjoy your time here on the Forums, I trust that you will find this an enjoyable and informative experience.
Best wishes to you.... and again, Welcome to Susan's Place
Danielle

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •  

anjaq

I think 90% of trans women can benefit from FFS. As for how many "need" it, that depends a lot on individual perception. But I would say over 90% have masculine markers that can cause dysphoria or even cause people to "clock" someone. But for many of those, those markers are not so much significant that it will ruin every day of the life or make them "unpassable". So its a highly individual thing to decide on FFS - what I also noticed is that with age (and that goes for age of transition but also for overall age) things get a bit worse. I made the older trans women in the support group envious when I transitioned with early mid 20ies. Had not much issues for a while, but 20 years later things just bothered me so much - after a steady increase in dysphoria and also "clockings" - that I had the FFS done. I think with age, the soft tissue becomes weaker, thinner, bones show more and those are masculinized even if you start HRT at age 23. Also age always has a bit masculizin effect on women, so that does not help...
But I think with good HRT and a bit of styling and some Makeup, the majority of trans women can be "passable" without FFS - how strong ones own dysphoria is can never be guessed by others.

•  

wanderer83

Quote from: MacKenzie on April 09, 2012, 07:02:07 PM
  I think that's the reason so many MTF's say it's overratted because they can't afford it lol. I mean for gods sake take a look around the internet and on this site and tell me FFS isn't worth it. If FFS or plastic surgery in general wasn't worth it do you honestly think all these people (trans & cisgender) would be paying thousands of dollars for nothing but a confidence boost?

It might seem subtle to you but it's very apparent to the person getting it whats changed, perfect example of this is Sysm29 who just had major facial surgery and is freaking out because her face has changed completely.

I had FFS, A rhinoplasty, forehead contouring, hairline lowering , chin implant liposuction, and i took hormones on and off at age 18. Including plane flights accomodation and other stuff i would say its around 10k+ usd. I am 35 come december this year. Do I pass? 20% up from 0. Do i look more feminine? yes. Do I pass at an acceptable rate? NO.

Majority of the money were left to me by my late grandmother. With the remaining amount thats like a few ks, i spend them on the tria hair removal , an occulus and a couple of gaming accessories. As it turns out, they are less of a white elephant then this overhyped overglorified thing known as FFS. A part of me accepted that at least, my face was an improvement. A huge part of me though, wonder why did i spent that sum of money just to hope that that neverending GID dysphoria be cured. Just today someone told me i look norm for a male, with my BOB hairstyle, my completely shaven face that has no brow bossing, my androgynous t-shirt and jeans look. That was a real stab in my heart.

If i still had that money, i would have saved it for an investment like fixed deposits or some other things, at least even though i would still have gid dysphora, i remained 10k+ richer as compared to being 10k+ poor and still end up having GID dysphoria.

I do hope when fellow transwomen said how amazing FFS is, there should always be a word of caution that things might not turned out perfectly. People will still read you as male, and quite possibly no amount of FFS could fix that, its what we might just have to live with. A devastating truth is better than a comforting lie after all, well at least for me and maybe some of us.
  •