News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

The Before & After FFS thread!

Started by Forever21Chic, October 04, 2011, 05:10:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mementomori

Quote from: Mahsa Tezani on October 20, 2011, 06:15:39 PM
I make about 10k a year... about 3k which I actually see. 32k is unfathomable.

damn in australia youd get double that on welfare alone
  •  

Stealthy

I personally believe FFS is overrated. *is shot by angry transgirls*

Many transwomen can get great results on HRT alone. A decent sized chunk of them would definitely benefit from FFS, but there's a major push to have it and remove ANYTHING that could be considered masculine in any situation at all ever from the face. The end result can look almost too feminine and a bit off-putting.

In my experience, it seems that the ones who don't need FFS are the ones obsessed with getting it and the ones who should get some are the ones who want to keep their face how it is :D
Pronouns: shi/hir

•  

Kelly J. P.

It's a little overrated, however one can't deny the powerful therapeutic effect that it has on a person's mind; feeling better about oneself by removing masculinities and looking different is quite profound. Without FFS, you may still see the old, male you... and that's a scary, haunting thing to experience.

FFS is a lower priority for me, but I don't see why people say I shouldn't get it. Most people my age look a lot prettier than I do...
  •  

Stealthy

I really can't see much in your face that FFS would 'correct'. You have a really nice nose, plump (if definitely very large) lips, thin eyebrows, and beautiful eyes. I know it's definitely got a therapeutic effect, but I honestly can't figure out which part of your face you would personally get it on!

•  

Renee D

I understand the desire for FFS. Heck, if I had the money, I would get it myself as there are a number of facial features that I am very uncomfortable with.
  •  

Kelly J. P.

Quote from: Stealthy on April 09, 2012, 08:14:26 AM
I really can't see much in your face that FFS would 'correct'. You have a really nice nose, plump (if definitely very large) lips, thin eyebrows, and beautiful eyes. I know it's definitely got a therapeutic effect, but I honestly can't figure out which part of your face you would personally get it on!

I was thinking nose, and forehead+brow ridge/orbital rims, possibly a little hairline advancement. Possibly jaw work... however, I don't have a problem with my jaw, and gaining weight would fix its apparency anyway.

:)
  •  

Stealthy

I can see from looking closer at the picture why you'd get the brow ridge and hairline ones-from an 'I'm definitely getting FFS so just tell me the type to get' perspective, they're the parts that'd need work. You could also do with a trachea shave. Can't really see the nose and jawline as needing work, though.

•  

Kelly J. P.

Hm. Interesting; the nose was the only procedure my mom thought was holding me back, aside from the trachea.

I will say that I'm sort of ambiguous about the trachea, as some women have it, I'm too short for anyone to see it, and I find apples sexy on girls... but yeah, it sort of goes without saying that it has to be done.
  •  

Stealthy

You do have a long nose, but I currently still go to an all-girl's school and it looks a lot like the noses on a lot of the girls. It's the end part of the nose that has the biggest effect, and the end of your nose is straight/upturned, which is a feminine trait.

•  

wendy

Quote from: Kelly J. P. on April 09, 2012, 08:07:50 AM
It's a little overrated, however one can't deny the powerful therapeutic effect that it has on a person's mind; feeling better about oneself by removing masculinities and looking different is quite profound. Without FFS, you may still see the old, male you... and that's a scary, haunting thing to experience.

FFS is a lower priority for me, but I don't see why people say I shouldn't get it. Most people my age look a lot prettier than I do...

Soft tissue surgery by an excellent surgeon is expensive and painful.  I could understand why some would not want this pain and expense and I could understand why some would feel it would make their life easier.

Older people look younger with FFS because we have a lot of extra skin.  Friends have told me I look eight to ten years younger.

Also I prefer to have softer facial features.  It makes passing male more of a challenge and passing female less of a challenge.

It has taken me six months to prefer my new face.  I actually kept looking for my chin each morning and my face was so swollen that I thought my jaw was too wide.   FFS is not a magic cure but just an option.

Changing a feature of your face is also an option.

Private parts are also to your choosing.   I can understand any combination.  I would want my private parts to go alone with my gender expression. 
  •  

Kelly J. P.

Quote from: Stealthy on April 09, 2012, 09:55:12 AM
You do have a long nose, but I currently still go to an all-girl's school and it looks a lot like the noses on a lot of the girls. It's the end part of the nose that has the biggest effect, and the end of your nose is straight/upturned, which is a feminine trait.

Well, it's kinda bumpy/convex... my doctor (female) has the same nose, but it's not a shape that I find terribly attractive, and, well, it's... kinda big?

The way the forehead plays into the picture is weird, too. shrug. Like... compare these two:

http://imgur.com/uF9AX
http://imgur.com/6iyji

Hmm.
  •  

Stealthy

It's a pretty decent looking nose, and trust me, I'm not somebody who goes easy on noses either...I've been known to realize I'm mentally critiquing a CISgirl's nose for being too masculine xD It's still a pretty average nose-larger side of average, sure, but it's far from an unusual nose size for a woman. I'm mentally picturing you with different sized/shaped noses, and that one looks the best on your face so far.

•  

MacKenzie

Quote from: Jaime on April 09, 2012, 08:28:03 AM
if I had the money

I think that's the reason so many MTF's say it's overratted because they can't afford it lol. I mean for gods sake take a look around the internet and on this site and tell me FFS isn't worth it. If FFS or plastic surgery in general wasn't worth it do you honestly think all these people (trans & cisgender) would be paying thousands of dollars for nothing but a confidence boost?

It might seem subtle to you but it's very apparent to the person getting it whats changed, perfect example of this is Sysm29 who just had major facial surgery and is freaking out because her face has changed completely.

•  

mementomori

Quote from: Cadence Jean on November 16, 2011, 06:55:26 PM
Perfect FFS, easily.  I don't plan on SRS.

ditto im even unsure if ill go on hrt or not , but im defiantly planning on ffs . no desire for srs though
  •  

Trans Truth

Quote from: MacKenzie on April 09, 2012, 07:02:07 PM
  I think that's the reason so many MTF's say it's overratted because they can't afford it lol. I mean for gods sake take a look around the internet and on this site and tell me FFS isn't worth it. If FFS or plastic surgery in general wasn't worth it do you honestly think all these people (trans & cisgender) would be paying thousands of dollars for nothing but a confidence boost?

It might seem subtle to you but it's very apparent to the person getting it whats changed, perfect example of this is Sysm29 who just had major facial surgery and is freaking out because her face has changed completely.

FFS is not worth it for 80% of transwomen, I think. It is, however, very worth it for 10%.
http://trans-solutions.blogspot.com/ - Calling for solutions for all trans people.

•  

Stealthy

I would say that the statistics are somewhere around what Carrie says, 90%/10%. Most transwomen can go very well without it, but for a decent minority it makes a great difference.

•  

MacKenzie

Quote from: carrietg on April 11, 2012, 08:06:37 AM
FFS is not worth it for 80% of transwomen, I think. It is, however, very worth it for 10%.

I think you got those numbers backwards.   ;)
  •  

mementomori

Quote from: MacKenzie on April 11, 2012, 04:18:26 PM
I think you got those numbers backwards.   ;)

i agree , thank god my mum is putting money towards this for me , otherwise theres no way in hell i could afford it for years yet, but next year is looking favourable for me :)
  •  

MacKenzie

Quote from: mementomori on April 15, 2012, 05:05:29 AM
i agree , thank god my mum is putting money towards this for me , otherwise theres no way in hell i could afford it for years yet, but next year is looking favourable for me :)

Yeah if I didn't have wealthy parents I don't think i'd ever be able to pay for FFS on my own. Like i don't really think i need it but i want it anyway cuz i want to look my absolute best, yeah i know i'm vain lol. I think i'm gonna go with Dr. DiMaggio for my FFS, he's a little bit cheaper and after seeing a few of Dr.Z's recent patients i'm kinda scared to have him touch my face. I was considering Dr.Spiegel but he's a bit pricey like Dr.O and I don't wanna be indebted to my family for that much.

I'm looking at this fall or next year for my surgery date. I want to get it done sooner the better though because it's gonna take awhile to recover.  :icon_zombie:   
  •  

veronicayork

Hi Kristy, I ran across your Before/After pic on Dr Spiegel's website & Youtube (the one with Gigi Gorgeous doing a tour)

I hope the heck you are doing fine, please give all of us an update!

You sound intelligent, write/communicate well, seem like a well-rounded person..a "winner in life"

The MTF trans sex worker is a downer.. I hope you're OUT of that demographic, & adjusting well

You referred to college-loans, I assume you were attending college (U of Penn?) & are now well into a great career?

Sex-trade is what David Robinson mentioned as a deterrent to transitioning (recently to Sabrina) back in late 70's while she was attending UC Irvine -- many of her TG friends in W. Hollywood were in the sex-trade:

<Note. I have had to remove portions of this post as they were against the Terms of Service
Forum Admin>
  •