Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Who's your favorite superhero?

Started by Ribbons, October 07, 2011, 04:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ribbons

Any media. Comics, books, cartoons, etc.

I'm a DC fan myself, but I don't have any specific superhero I adore over all others. I'm a Batman fanboy, and I pay most attention to him or any of the sidekick characters, but he's not my favorite.
  •  

Elijah3291

I like Iron man, because he is cocky, arrogant, and super hot.

Spider man is pretty awesome too, because he is so ordinary
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Mmm, Spiderman. I was trying to think of a girl one, but I could only think of Wonder Woman, Invisible Woman, and Hawke Girl, and I was like meh. Actually no I change my mind, Raven from Teen Titans. ^.^

I can definitely tell you who my least favorite superhero is, SUPERMAN!!!
  •  

cynthialee

Spiderman
She Hulk
Rogue
The Silver Surfer

And even though she is a villain I like Mystique the most.
;)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

foot_lover_jess

•  

Princess of Hearts

•  

Arctic Kat

Waarom mag een jongen nooit prinsesje
Waarom mag een meisje nooit superman zijn
Elke vogel bouwt z'n eigen nestje
Hier bij ons mag iedereen zijn wie ze zijn
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: Arctic Kat on October 07, 2011, 07:41:23 PM
... Sailor Moon.

As much as I love the original Japanese dub of Sailor Moon, you have to admit that she herself is pretty weak sauce. :P
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Clay

midnighter.... i'm all for exaggerated violence.
a bit worried about what DC will do with him now, though. missing the coat  :'(
Putting the "fun" in "dysfunctional"
  •  

Crypt

Gambit
Nightcrawler
Rorschach(His mask is superhero enough for me to count him haha)

:]
  •  

spacial

I was a big fan od Superman when I was very young. He was strong yet such a gentleman. I thought he could do anything.

I use to day dream about me being his Super girl, having similar Super powers to him, but a girl's version, of course.

•  

The Passage

Oh garsh... too many to name! I'll just name some of my favourites. :angel:

DC:
#1) Batman!! (Favourite Batmans being Bruce Wayne, of course, and Terry McGinnis.)
#2) John Constantine
#3) The Spectre (Jim Corrigan.)
#4) Rorschach. (Way cooler than the Question!)
#5) Catwoman!
#6) Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes.)
#7) Aquaman! (What more needs to be said?)
#8) Deadman

(I really need to play Arkham City!! :'()

Marvel:
#1) Spiderman!!
#2) The Hulk
#3) Ghost Rider
#4) Wolverine
#5) The Punisher
#6) Deadpool
#7) Thor
#8) Wolfsbane
#9) The Vision
#10) Storm
#11) Beast
#12) Rogue

Image:
#1) Spawn (Duh!! XD)

Dark Horse:
#1) Hellboy
#2) Conan
#3) Johann Kraus
#4) Abraham Sapien

X-Files: (Because these characters are just as much superheroes as Batman or Hellboy are!)
#1) Agent Scully!!
#2) Agent Mulder
#3) A.D. Skinner
#4) Agent Doggett

... #5) Alex Krycek! (He's not a superhero, not even a good guy, but he actually had a few ambiguously "hero" moments and he is incredibly hot too... so I decided to put him up here!)

"Magic is just science we don't understand yet." - Arthur C. Clarke
  •  

Annah

•  

Wraith

•  

Lynn

I used to really like Spiderman, but the movies kinda ruined him and now I don't like him anymore hah.

Nowadays it'd be a tossup between Batman and Hiro Nakamura (Heroes)
  •  

Padma

My favourite superhero was always Green Lantern - specifically Hal Jordan - something about the delight in freedom with which he flew.

My favourite superheroine was always Dazzler - who could turn sound into light.

My favourite super-non-humanoid was always Lockjaw, the Inhuman dog-with-a-tuning-fork who could teleport people :).
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

Annah

Quote from: Padma on October 28, 2011, 09:22:20 PM

My favourite superheroine was always Dazzler - who could turn sound into light.

OMG i remember her! Wasn't she the girl from the X-Men who fought in roller skates and a microphone?

She was like Gem but with attitude!
  •  

Padma

I don't know about all that, I only read one comic with her in and was hooked for life! She was a dance teacher, and lost her job because she got roped in by the Inhumans to help sort out some baddie who was causing darkness over their base on the moon (so she got transported there by Lockjaw, bless).

Oh, I should say my other favourite superhero is Black Bolt. It took me decades to realise that his power/curse (that if he spoke it would cause huge destruction, so he either never spoke or barely whispered to make big shockwaves) was somehow a reflection of my childhood experience of being abused and made to keep silence about it. He always seemed beautiful to me in his noble silence, and with all this power behind it.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

The Passage

Quote from: Padma on October 28, 2011, 09:47:16 PM
I don't know about all that, I only read one comic with her in and was hooked for life! She was a dance teacher, and lost her job because she got roped in by the Inhumans to help sort out some baddie who was causing darkness over their base on the moon (so she got transported there by Lockjaw, bless).

Oh, I should say my other favourite superhero is Black Bolt. It took me decades to realise that his power/curse (that if he spoke it would cause huge destruction, so he either never spoke or barely whispered to make big shockwaves) was somehow a reflection of my childhood experience of being abused and made to keep silence about it. He always seemed beautiful to me in his noble silence, and with all this power behind it.
I agree! And I'm sorry that happened to you, that's terrible... :'(

... but I'm pretty sure Dazzler was kind of a rockstar, yes? She had the mutant ability to create all kinds of special effects with lights and the like, which she augmented her concerts with. Perhaps she was a dance teacher at a certain point in her life, though. I don't know about that one. :-\
"Magic is just science we don't understand yet." - Arthur C. Clarke
  •