Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

If athiests ruled america

Started by xXRebeccaXx, October 16, 2011, 08:05:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xXRebeccaXx

Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

Anatta

Kia Ora,

::) It can't be argued that the Judaic-Christian beliefs have not influenced the Western world, they had introduce the concept of fair justice and universal love...However I personally believe it was the rise of agnostic and humanistic atheist ideals that helped to further these ideals to include all people...If it was left up to the Christian church we would still be living in the dark ages....

Metta Zenda :)   
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •  

ativan

They do rule America. Do you think politicians and overpaid CEO's have any kind of religious beliefs in them?
  •  

mimpi

Quote from: @ivan on October 17, 2011, 07:01:35 PM
They do rule America. Do you think politicians and overpaid CEO's have any kind of religious beliefs in them?

Indeed. :)
  •  

Annah

lol, i watched that video twice. Had a hard time figuring out the meaning of the message.

Whoever made that video sure did love the "scene change" option!
  •  

Amaranth

Same topic...text from fundie forums acted out.  I found it hilarious.  :)
  •  

xXRebeccaXx

Quote from: Amaranth on October 26, 2011, 02:00:27 PM

Same topic...text from fundie forums acted out.  I found it hilarious.  :)

lol
Even in death, may I be triumphant.
  •  

Berserk

Quote from: Zenda on October 16, 2011, 05:08:10 PM
they had introduce the concept of fair justice and universal love...

...lol, not really.
  •  

Anatta

Quote from: Berserk on December 01, 2011, 12:23:31 PM
...lol, not really.

Kia Ora Berserk,

::) I said they might have introduced the 'concept' but not necessarily do/did many of them live by it, ;)   It was the humanistic atheists and agnostics who expanded and promoted the idea in modern society...

Metta Zenda :)
"The most essential method which includes all other methods is beholding the mind. The mind is the root from which all things grow. If you can understand the mind, everything else is included !"   :icon_yes:
  •