Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Sexual preference

Started by fionabell, October 16, 2011, 09:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you attracted to the opposite sex? Meaning the opposite of your prefered gender.

yes. before I transitioned I was attracted to the same sex.
15 (25.4%)
yes. But before i transitioned I was straight . I've changed with the transition.
8 (13.6%)
no. I was straight before the transition and kept my preference the same.
13 (22%)
no. I was gay before the transition but now ive switched over.
2 (3.4%)
I only like other trans
1 (1.7%)
I'm bi
20 (33.9%)
I like beasts!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 53

fionabell

Are you attracted to the opposite sex? Meaning the opposite of your prefered gender.

What's the story? ;D

•  

Sage

My story:   :D

Most of my life I considered myself a bisexual girl who preferred men. 

Now I identify as genderqueer and call myself a lesbian.  I wouldn't rule out men 100%, but I don't find them very attractive anymore and most definitely prefer women.  My girlfriend is pre-operative MtF.  I absolutely, definitely cannot wait for her to fully transition, but for the time being I'm pretty okay with what physical attributes she has.

Sorry if my story didn't fully coincide with what I voted as on your poll.   :P
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •  

Felix

I voted as bi, but I was mostly straight as a girl and I'm mostly gay as a boy.
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

Rebekah with a K-A-H

Was a gay male.  Now a gay female.  Sometimes things happen.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Quote from: Wonderdyke on October 16, 2011, 11:53:08 PM

Ugh...... I don't think I would want to change to a lesbian. I enjoy liking guys.
  •  

dmx

Technically I am pansexual but I find that word is beyond society's very limited comprehension. I simplify and term myself bi.
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Fiona,

You've lost me. But I'm having fun.
If you change the first No to Yes, I can vote; otherwise there is other option for me.
I've always know I was a girl/woman, and I've always liked men. Although I do have a minor biological error that is being corrected. I present as a male.

Have fun
Lotsa luv
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: CatherineSarah on October 17, 2011, 12:42:23 AM
Fiona,

You've lost me. But I'm having fun.
If you change the first No to Yes, I can vote; otherwise there is other option for me.
I've always know I was a girl/woman, and I've always liked men. Although I do have a minor biological error that is being corrected. I present as a male.

Have fun
Lotsa luv
Catherine
It's confusiingly worded. I'm not sure if i got it right. I was trying to make it understandable no matter what you consider straight or gay is.

I could have said....Fromt the position of your biological birth gender, are you gay , straight or bi?

But that probably might have caused trouble. Or maybe not. Does anyone think that would have been a better way to put it?
  •  

Annah

I am pansexual but there was so selection for that so I picked "Bi"
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Fiona,

Believe me, it is a great question. You simply need to minimise the reponses for greater clarification. The only possible answers could be (1) Yes (2) No & (3) I'm Bi. Don't confuse it with the act of transitioning, and you'll be right.

Arrrh the joys of grammatical syntax. Leaves you wondering for a lifetime of whether it was actually a gerund or gerundive you ran into.

Lotsa luv
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: CatherineSarah on October 17, 2011, 01:31:36 AM
Fiona,

Believe me, it is a great question. You simply need to minimise the reponses for greater clarification. The only possible answers could be (1) Yes (2) No & (3) I'm Bi. Don't confuse it with the act of transitioning, and you'll be right.

but that would leave it open to interpretation. It's more accurate the way i worded it
  •  

mimpi

In all honesty I prefer women and ftm's. It's a psychological thing, I find straight cis men crazy and gay cis men even crazier.
  •  

JenJen2011

I was, am, and will forever be strictly dickly. >:-)
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

eli77

I think it would be easier if you phrased it without using gay and straight as it makes it difficult to answer. Using "attracted to women" and "attracted to men" would be easier. I got what you were going for and voted for your third option, but really I've always been a gay girl - straight before transition implies I was a bloke, which I wasn't.
  •  

fionabell

Quote from: Sarah7 on October 17, 2011, 02:28:43 PM
I think it would be easier if you phrased it without using gay and straight as it makes it difficult to answer. Using "attracted to women" and "attracted to men" would be easier. I got what you were going for and voted for your third option, but really I've always been a gay girl - straight before transition implies I was a bloke, which I wasn't.
*groan*

That's exactly the type of discrepency I was trying to avoid! :police:
  •  

Annah

Quote from: Sarah7 on October 17, 2011, 02:28:43 PM

yeah i was thinking something similar.
  •  

fionabell

I'd have to make one for the girls and one for the boys and then say, are you attractedt to men or to women.
  •  

Sage

Sounds like a good plan, fionabell.  Just don't forget the androgyne/genderqueer/non-binary people.  We matter, too.   ;)
"Be whoever you are, but be loud. Be completely fearless when you do it. That's the big thing. Just be a fearless person. A fearless artist, a fearless accountant. Whatever you want to be." - Gerard Way, My Chemical Romance

私は死にかむ。
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Was gay before. Now heteroflexible. I prefer men though and will take a man over a woman.
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: Wonderdyke on October 16, 2011, 11:53:08 PM

+1

That is awesome. I've seen plenty of my gay friends switch sides. Pretty cool when they decide the grass is greener on the dykier side.
  •