Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Out to my son

Started by Diane Elizabeth, October 19, 2011, 10:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Elizabeth

My son was in foor a short stay so I decided it was time.  I tried not to give too much info about my transitioning.  He was stunned and in disbelief.  He says he isn't approving.  I just asked for an open mind and to absorb it all.  He called his SO and she said that I was still me and still family.  I said I would wear a suit to his wedding next year so as not to upstage their big day.  I talked about it and he listened.   Everything seems okay for the time being.
Having you blanket in the wash is like finding your psychiatrist is gone for the weekend!         Linus "Peanuts"
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi Donna,

That must be a load off your mind. I sincerely hope the coming days and weeks will be profitable for you and your son. Sounds like his SO will be of wonderful support for both of you.

Stay in touch and let us know how you are coping.

All the very best wishes

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa luv
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

Diane Elizabeth

Thank you Catherine.  Her support for him will be a tremendous help.  My next step is to tell my starch old conservative mother. 

Love

Donna
Having you blanket in the wash is like finding your psychiatrist is gone for the weekend!         Linus "Peanuts"
  •  

Catherine Sarah

Hi Donna,

My thoughts and prayers go with you on this venture. I hope it resonates a chord of acceptance with your mother.If she did her job properly, she should have had some inkling, long time ago.

I'm attempting to do the same to mine. Regrettably she is just starting dementia. Early days but you can see it happening. I know she always longed for a daughter, and indeed it would be truly the greatest gift I could ever give her. Her lifelong dream  -  mine too.

Keep in touch and let us know how you cope.

Be safe, well and happy
Lotsa love
Catherine

If you're in Australia and are subject to Domestic Violence or Violence against Women, call 1800-RESPECT (1800-737-7328) for assistance.
  •  

cynthialee

So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •