Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ativan

Tell everyone some of why you are here (or not)
Simple introduction if you care to...

*Edited title 6/3/14 from Androgyne to Non-Binary
Ativan
  •  

ZaidaZadkiel

I was lost and a witch made me come here, i'm trapped here.
please help me.

Ahem.

Hello, I am ZaidaZadkiel although lately I'm considering changing the name to a more natural sounding female name, for legal purposes.
I am currently 27 years old, and live somewhere in hell, Mexico.

I like doing watercolors and carvings in avocado seed and doing macrame bracelets and necklaces, for fun and profit.

As far as interesting things goes, that would be the most of it. Other than that, some of my beliefs are that i dont like god, there is no such thing as truth, I can figure everything on my own, asking for help is asking for troube and dogs are very good pets.

I used to like dinosaurs but not anymore since I found they were naked all the time. Not very refined. And they didn't wear top hats either, so I can't like dinosaurs anymore.

I am not random so much as try to spark an interesting reaction from people. I'm like that IRL too, and so far I haven't been punched in the face. Well I Have but that was not for trolling, but we were kinda drunk.

I am a little bundle of issues of which nobody could ever care or bother to help with, and even if somebody did, I fear I would suck this person into a little black hole of despair and mysery. I have learned things about life that I would rather not have learned. But hey, you've gotta make do with what you have, rite ?

I loooove complaining.
Specially I love complaining about the things I am doing.
What I don't like complaining about, is about things that can't be done anything. Because then it's just sad and frustrating.
But the things I can and am doing stuff about, it's fun and I feel that by complaining somebody could learn what I'm doing.
Though, still, theres not many people who would actually care.
And those who do, at least the ones I know they care, are more interested in seeing me naked than in having me do business and take over the world...

I sometimes think I'm not taken seriously online, but IRL im actually a very serious person.
I have a very stern face, like, I could tell you that the sky is red and many people would believe just because i look so sure of it.

And I love talking about myself, I could do it days in and days out!
Too bad most of what I say is just pure fabricated lies.
  •  

ativan

You know I'll do the best I can, whatever that may be...

Ativan
  •  

Metroland

I am biological male who would like to have a srs. I identify as non-binary with more inclination to female expression. I love design and having tea parties (not the political ones, the Victorian cup of tea, biscuit and conversation).
  •  

Sevan

Well put and well met Metroland :) Let's see what I can come up with...

I'm Sevan, I've got a strong female side and a strong male side and identify as bi-gender most days. I simplify it as much as I can and normally tell people I'm androgyn or two spirit. These words seem to make more sense to people and that's fine.
I was born female, am on testosterone and have just had a breast reduction which was gender based for me. I'm going to legally change my name but haven't gotten to it yet due to some family issues.
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

cynthialee

I am not an Androgyn. I am female.
I am married to Sevan so I come here and lurk these androgyn boards allot.

:)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

runalan

It's only in the last couple of years or so that I've started wondering about my gender, and  I'm just beginning to realise that as I was growing up, there were other people who did  the   thinking for me, and did it wisely, and I'm the last one to start thinking - after all, I must be, otherwise I wouldn't have joined this site. I wrote an  intro on the general site a couple of days ago, saying how I thought I should  class myself as androgyne. So here I am introducing myself on the androgyne site. I hope I can contribute.

In my early childhood I was a sissy sort of boy, not liking rough games or suchlike, and  I was born with a buried penis, and one of the bits of wisdom done over me was to prevent me being reassessed as a girl by interfering doctors.   Later on, my puberty didnt click in till I was 17, and was incomplete - my voice deepened, but I never grew much hair, and I still only have to shave once a week and didnt really grow at all down below. Also as I have only recently realised, I've got a girl-shaped frame, with wide hips and narrow shoulders. I've done the cogiati test and come out at 295, which is androgyne.

My wise relatives realised that physically I wasn't really sissy and got me to take up athletics, which I did, and I enjoyed, and gave me confidence, and I still do, and I've always had jobs where I fitted in, as an organic farmer and in pubs.  Since my teens I have been in families and communities who believe in natural living and it means that I'm accepted as I am and I have never had any of the sort of social disapproval which figures in the lives of so many other member of this site.  Of course, it's made easier by living in the country, and It's a pity, but in a country like the UK only a small proportion of us can do that.

So I'm half-way to being a girl, and  I think that's OK and I'm happy to just stay as I am, but it raises all sorts of questions  which lots of people post about here.

•  

Julian

I'm Julian. I'm 20. I don't know who I am. I don't have any of these strong gendered "sides" I hear so much about. I'm planning on top surgery and maybe HRT. I study psychology and crochet things a lot.
  •  

Sevan

Welcome Runalan! I don't get out of the Unicorn forest to any other parts of this site...so forgive me, I didn't see your intro until you posted here. I hope you settle in and find what you need here. :) That's really wonderful that you've found acceptance for who you are.

•  

Erik

Hmm
Though physically I cannot claim androgeny because my top is far too large to claim manliness ;)
I like to settle as 'ambigendered'. Like ambidextrous but with my gender. I swing often between being "manly" and being "lady-like".
I like computers, art, classical and rock, learning foreign languages and a good fight now and then. :)
It's taken a few years and multiple labels and experiments to find what I am, and I'm quite happy to be able to say "screw it, I don't want to fit nicely in a box. I'm both" and watch as my listeners' faces fall into splendid confusion :D

But I do wonder. Gender-wise I'm settled in ambigender. Still working my S.O. kinks out. I'm quite happy with my body, I'm just not sure what I want in/of a partner. :)
"We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves."  ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld
  •  

skm4441

Hello folks! 

Ummmm, where do I start?  On this forum, I go as James Steven or JS.  My birth name is Sarah.  I have always known that I possess both stereotypical characteristics of both genders, however, I feel that I am very androygonus, more geared towards the masculine characteristics that I feel really define who I am. 

I flip-flop back and forward between androygous and wanting to be a man, which I only came out to myself and a couple of friends last week... As of right now, I identify as androygous and continue my journey in gender identity. 
  •  

Sevan

Welcome JS! :)

All i can say is keep doing what you're doing. Exploring, thinking, processing and moving forward. :) as you move more into the male zone you'll find that sweet spot that's just right for you. It may reside within "the androgyn forest" or it may reside soundly within the "male zone". No tellin' and no real reason to be rigid with labels. They can be flexible. Glad you came over and introduced yourself!

•  

skm4441

Thanks for the welcome and your supportive message! :)  Looking forward to see you around on the forum! 
  •  

Taka

hi!

i've been here for a while, and then nearly forgot about the place after suddenly starting to work. getting a job really helps lessen depression, but eventually being called things that i don't really identify with (like "girl") starts getting to me again...

about who i am: i am me, simple as that. not girl or guy or whatever, just me. but for some reason i don't mind being treated as a guy as much as being treated as a girl, so i can't be sure whether i belong here or... no, not in a binary, i refuse

currently not making any sense, but then i never made too much sense anyway, so it shouldn't matter too much (i hope)

nice to meet you all! i hope to get along those times when i remember to come by
  •  

Kinkly

I am me, too much of a girl to live as just male and too much of a boy to live as a girl so I live as both full time with a full beard and very fem clothes I'm also on transition level hormones (M2F) although I'm more M2WtF  (Male to What the F***) I've been told by other gender diverse people that I am the poster child for gender-queer as I am the only visibly non conforming gender diverse person in the area of Brisbane. (one of the larger cities in Australia)
I've been part of this forum for a fair while (feels strange giving an intro when I've been here for close to 4 years)
I don't want to be a man there from Mars
I'd Like to be a woman Venus looks beautiful
I'm enjoying living on Pluto, but it is a bit lonely
  •  

MichelleHart

WOW! ??? That age old question asking who am I.  In a way, it has only taken me almost 60 years to answer that question and even then I am not exactly sure of the answer.  In the last several years, I have finally started to accept and express myself as being on both sides of the gender equation.  For a while I used the term two-spirited to express who I was.

Briefly, I spent almost 25 years fighting myself and others, to see the woman within while presenting as a feminine male.  The next 15 years were a major conflict withing myself, trying to be the male that society, as well as family/friends, needed to see.  It was pure HELL trying to fight myself to eliminate all that I had learned and experienced growing up in a more feminine atmosphere.

At 40 is when I started to explore my battle (AH the internet and all it's information), I started to see a pattern that I didn't fit into trans, cis or any other description.  I attempted to go on HRT (without a doctor's help) and found out first hand why that isn't such a good idea.  It brought my quest to a screeching halt.  I was lost.

Around 2 years ago, my male body started into that phase of what I refer to as just after the warranty ran out.  The visits to doctors became more frequent and their findings were more than just normal ageing.  The aches and pains were actually my body breaking down from overuse.  My female mind screamed out that a woman's body isn't allowed to wear out because she still needed to take care of family.  My male body said, "You can only think that."  To make a long story short, I am presently on Finasteride to shrink to nothing a prostrate that can't seem to stay normal.  The side effects of this medication are that my body isn't getting all the overabundance of testosterone it was living with.  I also started taking the recommended allotment of photo-estrogen to ease the hot flashes, slight depression and low libido to name a few.  It was this combination that allowed me to finally see that I truly was a combination of both.  It was this site, and one simple explanation that I read here describing Androgynous that finally gave a name to who I am.   
  •  

Silent

Hi. Im Silent. Im 18, biologically male and im from Scotland. I discovered i was androgyne only a few weeks ago. For years i thought i was female but was never 100% sure, i always thought i was somewhere in the middle. It was only recently that i was exploring my identity and took a cogniati test. I got a score of 90 which put me as androgyne but i was surprised how close it was to saying i was possibly transsexual. I dont look or dress androgynously yet partly due to my size, although im trying to lose weight, and also because ive been too shy and self concious to go and buy what i wanted to wear. I havent came out yet to anyone. I think my parents will be ok with it. My dad works in mental health and has dealt with trans people before and my mum is pretty open minded so they should be ok with it. I think most of my friends will be ok or be kinda 'we knew there was something different about you' but in a good way. There are a few who im not sure what their reaction will be but to be honest, if theyre not going to like me then, why do they like me now? Anyway i dont plan on coming out until after new year so i have time to prepare. Bye for now :)
  •  

Padma

Hello there - I've just come up with a daft word for myself: womandrogyne :).

Born physically male, I'm going through a gender transition specifically because I should have a woman's body - because I've always been a woman (though that knowledge needed repressing until it became safe to wake up into myself last year). But I'm attracted neither towards femininity nor masculinity, just wanting to be myself, but myself as a woman physically. And myself is, if anything, a woman who wants to be androgynous, Amazonian (in a non-violent way - kind of like Xena if she was a Buddhist :)).

I'm realising I could definitely use more contact with similar people, as I feel quite out of place in trans women's groups. I fit in more comfortably in lesbian/bi women's groups, and get on well with trans men, but feel a lack of people like me, who get what's going on for me, and don't have an agenda that assumes I'm going to want to femme up any day now. It's tough constantly having to explain that yes, I'm going through a gender transition, but yes, the way I'm dressed right now is how I like to present myself, and no, there isn't another version of me that wears dresses and makeup and so on, this is it, right now.

I worry that I'm in danger of becoming quite judgemental towards femme trans women, in self-defence. I do my best not to go there, but I feel under a constant pressure to conform, and it's not going to happen. I'm done with passing as a man, and I have no intention of passing as anything now - I'm just going to be the kind of woman I am, there are billions of possibilities there.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

tuttle

Wow. I'm pretty surprised by this. I actually signed up for this forum for a completely different reason (more to follow). Then I logged in for the first time and saw this Androgyn section. I had actually never heard of it before, but from what I see here, it appears to fit me rather well.

I am a biological male and have no interest in changing that. That being said, a lot of quintessentially masculine characteristics bother me. I only have female friends. I find males to be a bit bothersome. This has been the case as long as I can remember. I was looked upon as somewhat of an oddity in my neighbourhood as the boys were out playing football and other boy games, and I was playing with dolls with the girls. At school, I could usually be found playing jacks or jumping rope or playing hand clapping games with the girls. By the fifth grade, I was officially labelled gay and that stuck through university. I certainly did not help things at all when, as a young adult, I changed my name to a female name. One could argue that it was a male name a long time ago, but these days, it is pretty unambiguously female. Enough to the point that I regularly get things addressed to Miss or Mrs. More than one interviewer has gotten a real shock when I have showed up for an interview and I regularly get asked for ID when I try to use my own plastic because they don't believe that the person whose name is on the card is actually me.

And my favourite colour is pink. Or lavender or mulberry. That is the reason I came here in the first place. It is almost impossible to find clothing in colours that I like in the men's section. Perhaps you may have noticed... Anyhow one of my friends suggested that I might find what I want in the women's section. But I am far too shy to go into the women's section at the local department store and ask to try on women's clothing. So I am going to have to do it by catalogue. But I really am not getting too much guidance from the catalogues so I thought somebody here might be able to help...
  •  

Pica Pica

Welcome Buttle, I don't know about help, but we can natter along with you.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •