News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Quote from: Chrys Alys on October 01, 2012, 05:04:09 AM
I have tried to talk to my current doctor about all of this but she doesn't seem to want to listen. I think it may be differences in faith, but any cause could be the answer.

Welcome to Susan's Chrys.

This situation is troubling. If your doctor is refusing to give you care you need to change doctors. The ACA forbids discrimination against Transgendered people, so what your doctor is doing is illegal.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

hazelspikes

Hi I'm Hazel. You can read some of my intro on the home page below (cause repetition is a pain–oh and sorry for the length. Musing). Oh and he/she/him/her/it/they is fine as pronouns go.
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,127913.0.html

So, my sister is MtF transgendered, came out last year, and is transitioning well. The only reason that I'm bringing this up is because I'm afraid that people in real life will think "oh, Hazel's just doing this because she wants to be special like her younger sister." And while she peaked my interest in researching gender, I don't believe that I feel this way as a response to her.

I believe that I'm either androgyn or agender, which are a bit separated innit? I don't want to physically be male, but I don't enjoy the full effects of a female body either. I'd rather reduce my breasts or get full top surgery in addition to medical sterilization. I do like my curves and hourglass shape, but don't like my round face. The last bit I can't do much about without plastic surgery, breaking my face, or T.

Some days I just look in the mirror and don't see "woman/girl" or "man/boy." Something in between, or just me.
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

Shantel

Hi Hazelspikes!
      Seems you've come to the right place, welcome to the family, you're not alone here!
  •  

hazelspikes

Well that's reassuring! Thanks for the welcomes. Well just wander around together eh? :)
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: hazelspikes on October 07, 2012, 10:50:52 AM
Well that's reassuring! Thanks for the welcomes. Well just wander around together eh? :)

You'll find that there are a lot of MtF's and FtM's that eventually come to the conclusion that full transition isn't what they really want and find that an androgynous expression and presentation is more fitting to their inner being as well as their lifestyle.
  •  

kagenoir

Hi guys, I'm Rhys, still pretty much a noob in this forum. Was pointed to this part of the forum so that I could interact with like-minded people. You can find my introduction here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,128939.msg1020409.html#new I'm a bit of a geek and can  a bit socially-awkward at times. Not really that relevant but I'm into anime books and videogames, if anyone's interested :D
"I am thou, and thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come..."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: kagenoir on October 29, 2012, 06:16:01 AM
Hi guys, I'm Rhys, still pretty much a noob in this forum. Was pointed to this part of the forum so that I could interact with like-minded people. You can find my introduction here:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,128939.msg1020409.html#new I'm a bit of a geek and can  a bit socially-awkward at times. Not really that relevant but I'm into anime books and videogames, if anyone's interested :D

Hi,
  Welcome to one gi-huge-ic family!
  •  

Taka

welcome rhys!

if you by anime books mean manga, then that's cool. tell me your favorites?

Quote from: kagenoir on October 29, 2012, 04:50:34 AM
a)so why don't you just call yourself bisexual or b)You're not gender queer, you're female, you just need to dress up/have a make-over or try to wear more girly things . Which is kind of frustrating. I can't seem to make them understand that no, being gender-queer does not automatically make me bisexual (not that there's anything wrong with being bisexual or anything) and that I'm really uncomfortable with some behaviour/clothing which society dubs as feminine.
"you should wear more girly clothes, show your boobs some" say all the girls who are mistakenly jealous of my more than decent bust size. i doubt they'd ever understand that i wear male clothes when i do because that's the only way i can relax a little that day. girly clothes are for girly days
  •  

kagenoir

Quote from: Taka on October 31, 2012, 04:39:47 AM
welcome rhys!

if you by anime books mean manga, then that's cool. tell me your favorites?
"you should wear more girly clothes, show your boobs some" say all the girls who are mistakenly jealous of my more than decent bust size. i doubt they'd ever understand that i wear male clothes when i do because that's the only way i can relax a little that day. girly clothes are for girly days

Oops. I meant anime, books... I forgot the comma :D But I do like manga. My favorites are a bit all-over the place but here are some of them: From Eroica with Love, Slam Dunk, Full Metal Alchemist, X (CLAMP) and Hellsing :D

Re: the boobs thing, since I do have noticeable er-- breasts, they often point out that I should show them more,and I end up cringing.
  •  

Padma

It's funny (in a not-funny way) how often people who think they're encouraging you to be yourself are just encouraging you to be like them.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Taka

Quote from: Padma on October 31, 2012, 06:46:33 AM
It's funny (in a not-funny way) how often people who think they're encouraging you to be yourself are just encouraging you to be like them.
really "funny". mom tells me to be "natural", and at the same time insist that this means "cute girl who doesn't alter her looks". But to me it's more natural to have blue hair and red eyes. Though i don't wear red contacts since it freaks out conservative people a little too much. what i wear shouldn't matter too much, but apparently only girly clothes are good on a girl... even though clothes are totally unnatural.

Quote from: kagenoir on October 31, 2012, 06:24:40 AM
Slam Dunk, Full Metal Alchemist, and Hellsing :D
these are good ones. haven't watched eroica yet, and probably never will, if i can't get any better internet at home
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on October 31, 2012, 07:38:20 AM
really "funny". mom tells me to be "natural", and at the same time insist that this means "cute girl who doesn't alter her looks". But to me it's more natural to have blue hair and red eyes. Though i don't wear red contacts since it freaks out conservative people a little too much. what i wear shouldn't matter too much, but apparently only girly clothes are good on a girl... even though clothes are totally unnatural.

Right on Taka, be all of who you are, love the blue hair and so thick and nice too! I'd gladly wear blue hair if I just had more of it! lol
  •  

Kaila

Hi all, was browsing the various topics since I'm new and noticed this one about 'Androgyn' and naturally though 'what the heck' is that  :laugh: So read through many of the posts and started to figure it out.. then saw people referring to something named a Cogiati test.

So went and did it and got -75 and classed as Androgyn, figured I may as well post about it in this section then  :)

Anyone know what the negative means in the rating :/ ?

•  

Kaila

Quote from: kagenoir on October 31, 2012, 06:24:40 AM
Oops. I meant anime, books... I forgot the comma :D But I do like manga. My favorites are a bit all-over the place but here are some of them: From Eroica with Love, Slam Dunk, Full Metal Alchemist, X (CLAMP) and Hellsing :D

Hey just noticed this post and I really like anime and video games too, been to Japan a couple times and the place is full of it lol. Personal favs are Hoop Days, Hajime no Ippo, Macross, S-cry-ed, Sailormoon, School Days LHX and plenty more I can't think of right now  :D. Nice to meet you
  •  

Padma

I just started the Cogiati test (why not, eh?) but gave up after the second time it assumes all mtf's cross-dress en femme and wish to be femme.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

kagenoir

Quote from: Kaila on October 31, 2012, 08:34:56 AM
Hey just noticed this post and I really like anime and video games too, been to Japan a couple times and the place is full of it lol. Personal favs are Hoop Days, Hajime no Ippo, Macross, S-cry-ed, Sailormoon, School Days LHX and plenty more I can't think of right now  :D. Nice to meet you
Cool. Another anime fan! If you don't mind me asking,since you play games and all,are you familiar with Persona 4?
  •  

Kaila

Quote from: Padma on October 31, 2012, 08:57:07 AM
I just started the Cogiati test (why not, eh?) but gave up after the second time it assumes all mtf's cross-dress en femme and wish to be femme.

Ya I kinda got that impression from the line of questioning, a couple questions were N/A for me but it wouldn't let me finish without ticking at least one box..

@Kagenoir, yep I really like the concept of the Persona series and have the titles on my PS2 but never got around to playing (have waaay to many games and distractions) I've watched quite a few video's on youtube of the various bosses in number 4
  •  

Taka

welcome kaila!
i think the cogiati test is one i've never taken. it starts with the classical math=male and voice recognition=female, and that totally turns me off. and that it's only directed at male bodied people.

suddenly realized i asked what anime others like, but didn't tell my own favorites... unfortunately i have a really bad internet connection, so watching anime hasn't been easy enough for me to bother trying. but i read lots of anime, and some of my favorites... kubera, tower of god, 1/2 prince, family compo (read the end in japanese, since it's not tl-ed yet), pumpkin scissors, level e, eat-man. and too many more. right now i'm about to read "irresponsible captain tylor", the light novel series, i can recommend the anime for people who don't read japanese. and after that will be full metal panic and baccano. time to get some real reading skills in this language....

Quote from: Shantel on October 31, 2012, 07:57:50 AM
Right on Taka, be all of who you are, love the blue hair and so thick and nice too! I'd gladly wear blue hair if I just had more of it! lol
i have enough to share. you've no idea how much i had to thin my hair just to make my head not look like a sheep. more than enough hair for all, but unfortunately it's not evenly distributed
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Taka on October 31, 2012, 03:13:40 PM

i have enough to share. you've no idea how much i had to thin my hair just to make my head not look like a sheep. more than enough hair for all, but unfortunately it's not evenly distributed

Save me some clippings and I'll  put them and some potting soil on my little bald spot and pray it takes root!  :D
  •  

BlueSloth

Quote from: Kaila on October 31, 2012, 08:25:03 AM
So went and did it and got -75 and classed as Androgyn, figured I may as well post about it in this section then  :)

Anyone know what the negative means in the rating :/ ?

The negative side of the scale is male, and positive is female.  I think it goes all the way from -650 to 650, though, and the error margin has got to be a lot more than 75, so you're close enough to zero that the negative probably doesn't mean anything.

Quote from: Padma on October 31, 2012, 08:57:07 AM
Yeah, it makes a lot of unstated assumptions about who's taking it.

I like the sage test better.

Quote from: Taka on October 31, 2012, 07:38:20 AM
really "funny". mom tells me to be "natural", and at the same time insist that this means "cute girl who doesn't alter her looks".
When I saw your picture I thought you were going the other way.  M to something...
  •