News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eli77

Quote from: Kaelin on November 01, 2012, 07:39:25 PM
What would be a suitable male counterpart to a "tomboy" anyway?  Anngirl?  Kategirl is alright, too, but it doesn't roll off the tongue the same way, where the first syllable rolls right into the second (just like tomboy does).

Femboy is the best I've seen, personally. Though it carries expectations around age as well as presentation. But no expectations of sexuality, which is unusual. (Generally under-30, sometimes under-20.) And "pink boy" is even younger (pre-puberty, usually).

Molly (or mollygirl) is the actual original opposite to tomboy. Not many people know what that means though. And it did used to imply a gay male prostitute, so...

Meterosexual is sort of in that general field of "feminine guy," but it tends to be associated with hipster pretension and is sometimes used as an insult. Also implies hetero.

Queen is pretty exclusively for gay men. So is flamer. And femme is queer world only thing I think, though it goes across the gender divide.

And then there is a long list of insults: fairy, sissy, etc. etc.

After that you hit the standard non-binary stuff: androgyne, genderqueer, etc.

Sorry. There aren't a ton of current options.
  •  

Padma

I like Femboy - hadn't heard it before. It doesn't make me think "young" any more than Fanboi does :). It does have (for me) connotations of youthfulness, which is something different.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Taka

welcome back-ish kaelin

we actually did discuss both femboy and mollygirl before:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,32269.0.html
  •  

hazelspikes

Quote from: Kaila on October 31, 2012, 09:28:37 AM

Ya I kinda got that impression from the line of questioning, a couple questions were N/A for me but it wouldn't let me finish without ticking at least one box..

@Kagenoir, yep I really like the concept of the Persona series and have the titles on my PS2 but never got around to playing (have waaay to many games and distractions) I've watched quite a few video's on youtube of the various bosses in number 4

I love Persona 3, but Persona 4 is good too. It's like I want the art-style and the command system of Persona 4, but I prefer Persona 3's story. But the characters are awesome in both.
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •  

Kaelin

I think I'm too... masculine for this "femboy" concept. :laugh:

Male androgyne it is!

Also, I haven't played any other games in the series, but I bought Persona 4 a little while ago (along with some other games).  I haven't gotten to it yet (cleared Disgaea 4 and Portal 2, but there were three other games I got), but it seemed promising, and I'll give it a chance once I find the time.

•  

Padma

Quote from: Taka on November 02, 2012, 09:05:04 AM
we actually did discuss both femboy and mollygirl before:
https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,32269.0.html
Thanks for pointing me to that topic, I somehow missed it before now, and it's very germane.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

Shana A

Quote from: Shantel on October 31, 2012, 06:24:05 PM
Save me some clippings and I'll  put them and some potting soil on my little bald spot and pray it takes root!  :D

Let me know if that approach works and I'll try it too  :D

Otherwise, I'll keep wearing hats or scarves.

Z
"Be yourself; everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Zythyra on November 03, 2012, 01:12:10 PM
Let me know if that approach works and I'll try it too  :D

Otherwise, I'll keep wearing hats or scarves.

Z

I'm on the same page Zythra!  ((hugs))
  •  

kagenoir

Quote from: hazelspikes on November 02, 2012, 09:57:12 AM
I love Persona 3, but Persona 4 is good too. It's like I want the art-style and the command system of Persona 4, but I prefer Persona 3's story. But the characters are awesome in both.

The whole-evoker thing in Persona 3 was cool but I found the story rather dull.  I just could not like most of the P3 cast.
"I am thou, and thou art I...
From the sea of thy soul, I come..."
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Shantel on October 31, 2012, 06:24:05 PM
Save me some clippings and I'll  put them and some potting soil on my little bald spot and pray it takes root!  :D

Perhaps some chia seeds would work!  ;)
  •  

Nero

Quote from: Padma on November 02, 2012, 03:16:03 AM
I like Femboy - hadn't heard it before.

That's cause I made it up for the androgyne vs tomboy and femboy thread.  :laugh: Course, I'm sure someone somewhere has come up with it before.
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

eli77

Quote from: Forum Admin on November 04, 2012, 07:10:26 AM
That's cause I made it up for the androgyne vs tomboy and femboy thread.  :laugh: Course, I'm sure someone somewhere has come up with it before.
Your thread predates the standing definition! You contributed to the English language! My hero. <3

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=femboy
  •  

Padma

Urbandictionary is an authority? Well hush ma mouth ;D.
Womandrogyne™
  •  

eli77

Quote from: Padma on November 04, 2012, 08:19:08 AM
Urbandictionary is an authority? Well hush ma mouth ;D.

For slang? Pretty much.
  •  

kayla-lyn

hi everyone
I have two sides to my gender one witch is a female witch is strong and conflicting with my my other side witch is is male and since I am 28 I find it hard to throw the life I have at this time to the side.  I have to let my sides have there own lives
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: kayla-lyn on November 17, 2012, 07:10:45 AM
         hi everyone
I have two sides to my gender one witch is a female witch is strong and conflicting with my my other side witch is is male and since I am 28 I find it hard to throw the life I have at this time to the side.  I have to let my sides have there own lives

We can all relate, hi Kayla-lyn!  :)
  •  

concrete Building

I know I just posted an Introduction thread, but I decided "why not here?"

Why am I here? Imma andro. In a nutshell, I never really got why people said alot of what they did, or why they acted the way they did, and never really thought much of it until a few years ago.
  •  

Anamnesis

Yeah, I've been so confused and freaked out looking at my various identities.  I reluctantly took a couple of online gender tests and both classified me as androgyne. I did some research (this was yesterday) and it really hit home for me, really resonated and I felt some weight lifted. I haven't found any help or resources where I live. I feel quite isolated and alone and want someone to talk to so I'm checking into this site in hopes of learning and relating to people who go through the same emotions and challenges.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: concrete Building on December 18, 2012, 10:36:22 AM
I know I just posted an Introduction thread, but I decided "why not here?"

Why am I here? Imma andro. In a nutshell, I never really got why people said alot of what they did, or why they acted the way they did, and never really thought much of it until a few years ago.

CB - we're very easy-going on this board.  We like to hang, shoot the (you know what), and Shantel and I share guacamole recipes.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Anamnesis on December 18, 2012, 07:12:22 PM
Yeah, I've been so confused and freaked out looking at my various identities.  I reluctantly took a couple of online gender tests and both classified me as androgyne. I did some research (this was yesterday) and it really hit home for me, really resonated and I felt some weight lifted. I haven't found any help or resources where I live. I feel quite isolated and alone and want someone to talk to so I'm checking into this site in hopes of learning and relating to people who go through the same emotions and challenges.

You will find some of our members here have many of those same feelings.  I am not so sure the so-called gender tests have a lot of validity, but they may help you focus of some aspects of your character.

I describe myself as "bi-gendered" or "non-binary."  Other members here just ignore all gender constructs as artificial.  It is really all about your experience, and what you make of it.

Feel free to interact with the other denizen of the "unicorn forest."
  •