News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

Quote from: elementgreen on August 19, 2013, 04:46:53 PM
Hello, I'm Joseph :3 I'm comfortable with either male or female pronouns, so feel free to refer to me as either. I haven't really found a gender neutral name to work with yet.

I'm still a bit in limbo about how I feel about myself... I'm still trying to figure out both my gender and sexuality, as I've been in denial of many things for most of my life. I come from a strong Christian family, so I've always kind of been ashamed of some of my feelings, even carrying over when I went to Atheism. I seem to feel like both a male and female at times, and sometimes neither at all. To be honest I've always been afraid of being too masculine in both looks and attitude anyway, even when I claimed to be a purely heterosexual male. Most of the time I don't really notice when I behave or carry myself like a female, so hiding it always led to failure.

Now I'm pretty withdrawn and reclusive, so I suppose it's a lot harder to tell except for the way I carry myself. I seem to be able to balance my masculine side and feminine side these days. I hope to let go of that and find my true identity within the clutter in my head. Reading these posts has been very inspiring to say the least.

Hey Joseph!  Balance is good.  It is what I try to maintain in the interim.

You really have no reason to be ashamed of how you feel.  There is more and more medical research that points to dysphoria stemming from biochemical events that happened before you were ever born.  As who is to say that God didn't put a sweet feminine soul into your body?

I'm glad you introduced yourself here.  :)
You are among friends.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Carter on August 19, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
Hi! For now I'll just say I'm Carter, and I guess I'm not really sure what I am at all.

I've been dwelling on my gender for around a year, and I figured the best place to ask for advice would be here, considering how welcoming the community seems. My parents tolerate the idea of transgenders at best, and I really don't want to risk my relationship with them by telling them or asking for help :/

I don't feel right saying "I'm a girl", or "I'm a boy", but I really do wish there was a word for the way I feel, so I'll stick with androgynous for now.  I try to blend masculine and feminine as far as my presentation goes, but there's only so much I can do with my parents supervising my shopping and steering me away from androgynous/masculine clothing.

I've never used a forum before (I'm not really even sure if I'm posting this right?), so I apologize in advance for any mistakes ;-;

Hiya Carter!  Pleased to meet you.

We used to have a separate board for androgyne style.  There are some things that definitely give off a androgyne vibe, and are perfectly acceptable for the FAABs.  Jeans, boots, and button up shirts.  Sort of the western feel. And bright, bold colors.  And my personal favorite ... Hawaiian shirts!
  •  

Jamie D

I am going to repeat a post here, originally made to my friend, Sarah7 ...

Quote from: Jamie D on January 17, 2013, 03:55:15 AM
Dearest Sarah,

I am afraid to say you are sadly confused.  Hawaiian shirts are the very acme of fashion taste.  Just look!

And just about anybody can wear them!

I really should put this post in the Androgyne Style Forum!   ;)
  •  

Jamie D

For all the new denizens of the Forest, here are some helpful links to learn about the site:

Please be sure to review:

Contact me if you have any questions at all.
  •  

Shantel

I had the neighbors over yesterday for BBQ and was wearing mine, so cool and breezy! Are you proud of me Jamie?
  •  

ativan

OK, I'll admit it. I own one and wear it on occasion.  :)
But it has a nice feminine cut to it. Not a straight sided one.
And it's a very tasteful design.
*Oh, alright, it's a Hawaiian shirt, and I like it, regardless.  :D
Ativan
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on August 29, 2013, 01:30:03 PM
OK, I'll admit it. I own one and wear it on occasion.  :)
But it has a nice feminine cut to it. Not a straight sided one.
And it's a very tasteful design.
*Oh, alright, it's a Hawaiian shirt, and I like it, regardless.  :D
Ativan

Uh-huh, confession is good for the soul!  ;D

I have to confess that I bought a 1960's era pair of Hawaiian swimming trunks all blue and white flowered just to have because todays's idea of men's style shorts and trunks cover most of the thigh as if they are ashamed of showing off a little thigh. I plan to get a color co-ordinated beach bra top to go with the shorts just on the off chance that I might go swimming some time in the future. Seems like it would be the perfect andro combo for my weird bi-gendered body.
  •  

ativan

Hawaiian shirts. Urban Camouflage.  :D
  •  

ativan

Quote from: Shantel on August 29, 2013, 02:32:52 PM
I have to confess that I bought a 1960's era pair of Hawaiian swimming trunks all blue and white flowered just to have
Some surfer music by my favorite surfer band. The Mermen.

Ativan
  •  

Shantel

Lol great stuff, the old surfer "woody" takes me way back!
  •  

Jamie D

Here you go all you hodads and gremmies ...

•  

Mizukitty

Hi,

I'm new here. I was born male, and throughout my life I've always felt that I never fit in with a male crowd. Two years ago, I hit a point where I no longer felt completely comfortable as a complete male, however I can't make a claim that I'm female, since I don't have a point of comparison. At one point I figured I was extremely effeminate. Currently, I consider myself to be an Androgen, but I can't say for certainty. It's very confusing to place myself into a category. I've taken the COGIATI test, which returned an androgynous result, but I'm uncertain. All I can say for certain is that I'm not completely the gender in which my body reflects.

~Mizukitty
~Mizukitty
  •  

Darkie

Quote from: Mizukitty on September 19, 2013, 08:35:24 PM
Hi,

I'm new here. I was born male, and throughout my life I've always felt that I never fit in with a male crowd. Two years ago, I hit a point where I no longer felt completely comfortable as a complete male, however I can't make a claim that I'm female, since I don't have a point of comparison. At one point I figured I was extremely effeminate. Currently, I consider myself to be an Androgen, but I can't say for certainty. It's very confusing to place myself into a category. I've taken the COGIATI test, which returned an androgynous result, but I'm uncertain. All I can say for certain is that I'm not completely the gender in which my body reflects.

~Mizukitty

Welcome Mizu! *hugs*
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

Kia

Welcome Mizukitty! It sounds like you're in the right place. I started to identify as Androgyne for almost the same reason. I was sure I wasn't a guy and girl just didn't fit well either. It felt like trading a ill fitting shoe for an ill fitting sock. Hope you find what answers you're looking for here or you learn to live with the fun of questions. Anyway welcome and enjoy! ;D
  •  

Taka

welcome mizu!

i hope we'll see more of you, it's always nice when people decide to stay.
  •  

Jamie D

A warm welcome to you MizuKitty.

Here are some links to help you navigate the site:

Androgyny is an ages old condition.  It can have physical, biochemical, psychological, sociological, physiological, and/or emotional roots.  If you look at my avatar, a statue of Hermaphroditus, it will recall the ancient Greek myth(?) of an adolescent boy who became fused with a female.

Just get your feet wet on the boards.  This is your unique journey.  But I hope we cross paths!
  •  

Shantel

Welcome Mizukitty!
            This is the right place for now, spend some time and read a few commentaries, perhaps you will see yourself in a more comforting light soon.
  •  

Gewaltraud

Moin!

I'm Waltraud (or Wally or Gewaltraud or whatever the fizzle you feel like calling me) and I'm 24 until next year gets me all confused again.

Brief, yet perhaps informative, tidbits:
*I consider myself to be a music junkie and genre Nazi, especially when concerning punk, post-punk, deathrock, goth, ska, darkwave, etc.

*Though I'm technically still an American citizen, I currently live in Hessen, Germany with my beautiful wife and dogter, where I plan to stay.

*I was born an XX female and identify as such for simplicity purposes, but if I had my way, I would be free of genitalia of any kind and identify as a martian of sorts.

•  

Taka

welcome wal!

you might want to consider originating from another planet than mars. there are only macho men there...
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Gewaltraud on September 28, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Moin!

I'm Waltraud (or Wally or Gewaltraud or whatever the fizzle you feel like calling me) and I'm 24 until next year gets me all confused again.

Brief, yet perhaps informative, tidbits:
*I consider myself to be a music junkie and genre Nazi, especially when concerning punk, post-punk, deathrock, goth, ska, darkwave, etc.

*Though I'm technically still an American citizen, I currently live in Hessen, Germany with my beautiful wife and dogter, where I plan to stay.

*I was born an XX female and identify as such for simplicity purposes, but if I had my way, I would be free of genitalia of any kind and identify as a martian of sorts.

Martians are always welcome here Wally or whatever you prefer!
  •