Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBoy

Hi there,
My name is L-Boy, but I'm also fine with my given name, Liz.  I am almost 50 years old and have had a lot of gender dysphoria throughout my life, but don't want to fully transition either.  This is my first day at this site and I'm thrilled to find it and this Androgyne thread.  It took me many years to realize that there were other realities besides male and female or FTM and MTF.  I feel at home.  I am planning top surgery this year to correct something that has been wrong for 40 years.  I love how my bottom parts work, so I have no intention to change that and Testosterone doesn't interest me either.  I'm pretty much being called anything gender wise except "lady".  I'm 5'9", husky, have broad shoulders and fit well into men's clothes so I'm content with just about everything except my chest.  Specifically, I'm interested in meeting/talking to other GQ folks who are considering or have had top surgery but are not fully transitioning to male.  Thank you for being here.
I'm an almost 50 year old gender variant boy.  I don't desire to fully transition to male, but I am in the process of getting ready for FTM top surgery to make my chest congruent to how I feel like it should have always been.  The binary isn't for me.  I'm interested in reading posts and talking to other GQ, Agender, gender variant/fluid, two spirit etc folks. Thanks.
  •  

Jamie D

Nice to meet you L-Boy!  Welcome   :)

We have several members here who are similar to you, such as Androgynoid.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Gewaltraud on September 28, 2013, 02:35:35 PM
Moin!

I'm Waltraud (or Wally or Gewaltraud or whatever the fizzle you feel like calling me) and I'm 24 until next year gets me all confused again.

Brief, yet perhaps informative, tidbits:
*I consider myself to be a music junkie and genre Nazi, especially when concerning punk, post-punk, deathrock, goth, ska, darkwave, etc.

*Though I'm technically still an American citizen, I currently live in Hessen, Germany with my beautiful wife and dogter, where I plan to stay.

*I was born an XX female and identify as such for simplicity purposes, but if I had my way, I would be free of genitalia of any kind and identify as a martian of sorts.

Wie gehts Wally!  A warm southern California welcome to you as well   8)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: LBoy on September 28, 2013, 04:59:01 PM
I'm 5'9", husky, have broad shoulders and fit well into men's clothes so I'm content with just about everything except my chest.  Specifically, I'm interested in meeting/talking to other GQ folks who are considering or have had top surgery but are not fully transitioning to male.  Thank you for being here.

You came to the right place LBoy, I'm sure there are at least a few dozen or so that have expressed the same criteria as you have. welcome to the family!  :)
  •  

Gewaltraud

Quote from: Shantel on September 28, 2013, 03:36:55 PM
Martians are always welcome here Wally or whatever you prefer!

But I thought women come from Mars and men come from Venus.  :icon_drunk:

I kid, I kid. Trust me, I would not refer to any place in this galaxy. I'm very sure I belong far, far away from here, but in the meantime, I might as well make myself comfortable.  :P

•  

Taka

martian sounds like a male warrior because mythology... interesting to meet someone from a different galaxy.

i'm not even from this universe, though i've lived here for so long that i some times forget i'm not really human.
let's have fun together?
  •  

Gewaltraud

I haven't been here long enough to feel comfortable enough to claim I know the customs of earth folk, but if you're alright with social awkwardness, IT'S A DATE.  :eusa_dance:

•  

WolfSpirit

Hi all I'm gender fluid, I identify as male most of the time rarely do I feel female. I'm pretty laid back and easy to get along with. Looking forward to getting to know people on here  :) :)
  •  

Danielle Emmalee

I feel like making a new introduction post.  At the moment I identify as polygender.  I have 3 distinct genders and switch between them mostly at random but it can sometimes be influenced slightly.  No I'm not crazy, I don't dissociate, I don't have time-loss, I just don't have a static gender like most people, but its also not fluid.  I have a male part, a female part, and a monogender non-binary part.  Most of the time I don't have any body dysphoria, however I do suffer from another part of gender dysphoria and that is the social aspect of it, how I want other people to see me and interact with me.  As for pronouns, I pretty much hate the gender neutral ones, I'm happier with female pronouns, so although it's not ideal, it works.  I've given names to each of my parts because a name is pretty important to my identity and it bothers me to have a female name when I'm not female, a male name when I'm not male, and an androgynous name when I'm male or female.  So yeah, that's pretty much me.  If you want to read my original Androgyn Introduction, as Casey, its on page 21, my original introduction in the introductions section of the site is written by Alice.  Thanks, Bye

Discord, I'm howlin' at the moon
And sleepin' in the middle of a summer afternoon
Discord, whatever did we do
To make you take our world away?

Discord, are we your prey alone,
Or are we just a stepping stone for taking back the throne?
Discord, we won't take it anymore
So take your tyranny away!
  •  

Jamie D

Connor, I hardly knew you!  Welcome  :)
  •  

Jamie D

•  

Darkie

Quote from: <3 on October 01, 2013, 09:46:06 PM
I feel like making a new introduction post.  At the moment I identify as polygender.  I have 3 distinct genders and switch between them mostly at random but it can sometimes be influenced slightly.  No I'm not crazy, I don't dissociate, I don't have time-loss, I just don't have a static gender like most people, but its also not fluid.  I have a male part, a female part, and a monogender non-binary part.  Most of the time I don't have any body dysphoria, however I do suffer from another part of gender dysphoria and that is the social aspect of it, how I want other people to see me and interact with me.  As for pronouns, I pretty much hate the gender neutral ones, I'm happier with female pronouns, so although it's not ideal, it works.  I've given names to each of my parts because a name is pretty important to my identity and it bothers me to have a female name when I'm not female, a male name when I'm not male, and an androgynous name when I'm male or female.  So yeah, that's pretty much me.  If you want to read my original Androgyn Introduction, as Casey, its on page 21, my original introduction in the introductions section of the site is written by Alice.  Thanks, Bye

Connor

Welcome Connor! It's nice to meet you! Hope I get to talk to Alice and Casey too!  I kinda have found I am more like that, as my male side is much different than my girl side.  I only get gender dysphoria because I don't like having a big chest. It's annoying and gets in the way! But yes, it is nice to meet you!
Courage is the power that turn dreams into reality.
  •  

WolfSpirit

Thank you  :)  Remind me of when I can upload a avi ect please?
  •  

Taka

welcome wolfspirit! you can upload avi at 15 posts.

and welcome to you too, connor. have we met, or did i only talk to alice and casey before?
  •  

WolfSpirit

•  

Red Leicester

Hello.  You can called me "Red" for the time being.  It is a good nickname because my hair was a deep auburn color when I was younger.  As far as gender goes, I am not sure anymore.  I know that I do not seem to be male, and I do not seem to be female.  I have taken some blows to my well being lately, so I think with this gender thing I am just going to start again from the beginning, like Dorothy when she took her first step in the middle of the spiral, on the yellow brick road.

The lyrics from this song speak to me:

Lines form on my face and hands
Lines form from the ups and downs
Well, I'm in the middle without any plans
I'm a boy and I'm a man

Except for the boy and man part!   ;)
  •  

Shantel

Hi Red,
     Welcome here! One of my best friends was named "Red", passed away early in life but was a great guy!
  •  

Red Leicester

Nice to meet you, Shantel.  Sorry about your friend.

I am not sure if I qualify as a "great guy."  That is sort of funny, in a way.  Thank you for the smile.  :)
  •  

insane_protagonist

Hi, I'm G. I'm a webcomic artist  currently living in Indianapolis. I identify as non-binary/genderqueer/androgyne although I think there might be a bit of "demi-guy" in there somewhere. I don't have my identity pinned down very well since it's only been like 2 years since I started figuring this out. I am married (for almost 10 years!) to a pansexual cisgender man who is wonderfully supportive.

I signed up for this site a couple of years ago but then I moved and sort of forgot about it, heh. A friend recently suggested that I should seek out online communities to hang out with and I thought of this board, so I came back (I'm also looking for in-person community but I live in Indiana, so....). : )

Hi everyone!
(PS., if anyone is curious, my webcomic is called "Title Unrelated" http://titleunrelated.com. It features a whole lot of queer characters.)

Taka

at least you can draw. i think i'll be reading that, to see if you can make an interesting story as well.

and welcome!
i think it's a trait many of us share, that we find it hard to really pinpoint that identity.
i am, isn't that enough?
  •