Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie D

Why would a label or classification help?

This is a great place to just be yourself, ask questions, compare notes.

And in this non-binary part of the Forum, we are a helluva lot nicer  ;)

Nice to meet you Sparks  :)
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Sparks on January 23, 2014, 11:59:53 PM
Hello here- this is only my second post here since my actual main introduction a little while ago.

Many people here (in oh-so-conservative Montana) simply assume that I am a *mildly* effeminate athletic male who is known for being into classic rock/metal, cars, and typical guy things. I have, in fact, harbored deep-rooted gender confusion issues for quite some time. I have many feminine qualities and when I embrace them I feel more and more natural as time goes on and I allow myself to explore them. For these reasons I am unsure of how to classify myself.. I am hoping to make a few friends here and to understand more about how I feel inside and what course I should take on this journey.

Hey there Sparks,
         I know the feeling friend! Twenty years ago I set my cap hell-bent to transition to full female, but things change, feelings and attitudes morph back and forth. Eventually I settled into full time androgyny and enjoy being able to have a foot on either side of the gender fence at any time of my choosing, just as long as I don't get a picket up my a$$ in the process.  ;D
  •  

ativan

Hey Sparks!
Lets worry about classifying and those things later.
Let's get know you, as you get to know us and the others around the forest.
For now, look around at past topics, here and in other areas that interest you.
There are pages of older topics that still have relevance, some show how we have evolved.
It's always an ongoing process and it most certainly sounds like you should be a part of that.
Don't forget the wiki here, and that questions are always welcome, as you are.
Don't forget to look at the very top of the list of forum stuff, check out the TOS.
They rules we follow and things like that.
Ativan
  •  

Sparks

Thanks for the nice welcome ! I don't know write where to begin as there seems to be so much information here :p I would love to get to know my fellow forum-goers and for them to get to know me too, I think that would be quite helpful.  Just have to figure out where to begin... :)
  •  

ativan

It's not so important, of where to begin, as it is to just begin.  :)
If you've been looking around in past topics, you may have noticed that the comments tend to drift.
We even have a special topic just for that.  :D
Ativan
  •  

Jamie D

You might need that "sack" for SRS  >:-)
  •  

Ambiguous

Hey I'm Mars :P :icon_wave:
I try to dress androgynously tho I'm not sure whether or not I'm always seen as so.
People tend to describe me as adorable and proceed to make references of Shrek's puss in the boots and something along the lines "So fluffy I'm gonna die" which I'm sure none of you has ever seen while searching the interwebs :P
Nice to meet you :P
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Ambiguous on January 26, 2014, 04:09:25 PM
I try to dress androgynously tho I'm not sure whether or not I'm always seen as so.
People tend to describe me as adorable and proceed to make references of Shrek's puss in the boots and something along the lines "So fluffy I'm gonna die" which I'm sure none of you has ever seen while searching the interwebs :P

Greetings, you are at the right place Ambiguous!  :icon_bunch:

@ Hey Emily, you're always welcome here too hon!  :icon_wave:
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: ♡ Emily ♡ on January 26, 2014, 04:40:47 PM
Thnx, Aunt Shantie :). If I become too annoying - just kick me out :D.

Not a chance doll face!  :icon_ballbounce:
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Ambiguous on January 26, 2014, 04:09:25 PM

Hiya, Mars!  Welcome to the Unicorn Forest ... or Jungle ... or playground.  Take your pick!!
  •  

Ambiguous

Thanks!! :D
Haha I just imagined a unicorn themed playground in the middle of a forest xD Awesome!
  •  

Queermosecual

Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new here and to myself honestly. I'm a late bloomer. I'm 33 years old, and have always felt "two-spirited" as far as gender expression and sexual orientation. I have recently allowed myself to begin to be "masculine of center" in my gender expression and it has been so liberating! It feels great! My entire life I had adhered to what my family and society as a whole expected, but I met someone who encouraged me to be myself. Then I fell in love with her. It's amazing to find someone who is attracted to the real me. What has been even more fascinating is that as a masculine of center, cisgendered female, lesbian, there have been way more heterosexual men that approach me than when I was "faking it."

Alas, I have been lurking her for some time now and thought that I should introduce myself. I hope that I have not offended anyone, as that has not been my intend and I do hope to have some meaningful heart to hearts and also a little fun too. I just recently ordered a reelmagik prosthetic, so I'll be posting a review soon.

P.S.
My name is taken from an episode of Family Guy.
I love me some Family Guy!!!!
  •  

ativan

Emily, Ambiguous and Queermosecual!
Welcome to the forest!
Look around at old topics, get a feel for the place if you haven't already,
Add to them, start some new ones.
Run around the paths that are endless...
Here you can always be yourself, who you want to be...
A place to try out the new and sometimes strange things we find along the way.
It's a place to put the parts together.
Ativan
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Queermosecual on January 27, 2014, 07:31:24 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm brand new here and to myself honestly. I'm a late bloomer. I'm 33 years old, and have always felt "two-spirited" as far as gender expression and sexual orientation.

I don't think you are a "Late Bloomer" by a longshot, you have been you all along, perhaps at 33 you just finally realized it huh? As far as late goes, I didn't realize myself fully until I was 51, I'm now a youthful 70 and if I'm every going to be late it will be to my own funeral.  :D

Quote from: Queermosecual on January 27, 2014, 07:31:24 AM
Alas, I have been lurking her for some time now and thought that I should introduce myself. I hope that I have not offended anyone, as that has not been my intend and I do hope to have some meaningful heart to hearts and also a little fun too.

There's no chance you could ever offend anyone here, here in the Unicorn Forest of the androgyne forum we tend to have thicker hides.
  •  

Queermosecual

Ativan and Shantel, thank you so much for the warm welcome.
And Shantel, I couldn't agree more, when it comes to the funeral, let's totally be tardy for the party!!  ;)
Emily, I'm right there with you. It seems like once I've "answered" my questions, 10 more appear. But life is beautiful and I'm super excited about what's ahead.
  •  

Ianko

I'm Ian, Brazilian, almost 20 years old. AFAB. Pansexual. Anarchist. I'm transmasculine with a genderless soul. I'm pre-everything. Hm, what else? I'm nerd as hell, I love videogames, RPG, animes and cheese! :3
  •  

Jamie D

Welcome, Ianko.  We have several other Brazilians who visit the site.  Pleased to meet you.
  •  

MadeleineG

The longer I'm on E, the more I identify non-binary.

•  

Shantel

Quote from: Gwynne on February 04, 2014, 06:28:41 PM

You, me and a lot of other people, it's ok Gwynne you won't get any more weird than I am hon!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Gwynne on February 04, 2014, 06:28:41 PM

Gwynne's current avatar is infinitely interesting!
  •