News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pica Pica

Quote from: Gwynne on February 04, 2014, 06:28:41 PM
The longer I'm on E, the more I identify non-binary.

I thought you meant Ecstasy, which I hear does break down certain social barriers and such. An experience I've missed out on so far but colour me curious.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Pica Pica on February 05, 2014, 03:33:50 PM
I thought you meant Ecstasy, which I hear does break down certain social barriers and such. An experience I've missed out on so far but colour me curious.

I've never taken that variety of E, but suspect you may be on to something.

MDMAAB?
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: Shantel on February 04, 2014, 06:31:49 PM
You, me and a lot of other people, it's ok Gwynne you won't get any more weird than I am hon!

Actually, I'm feeling great about it. And weird is good.  :D
  •  

me

Ah, it seems like this is where the bigender people hang out on this site...

And that's me.  Or at least I think it is.  Sometimes I'm the male "me", sometimes I'm the female "me", and it switches about every two weeks or so.  I have no idea why (but I'd love to know what causes it).

Still trying to figure this out because it's confusing.  But at least I'm in the right place now.
  •  

Shantel

Hi Me!  :D
     Yes this is ze place, welcome!
  •  

EzraNightshade

why did take me so long to find this place?...( stupid search engines) try putting in "Bi polar sexuality" and see what you get..* sigh*

I will take the time to introduce my self in greater depth later...but after reading a bunch of posts...it became painfully obvious to me, that I am in the right place.....
thank the universe, I was truly starting to wonder if I might be alone, but I couldn't conceive  that I could be.

a..

Hi! * blush*
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: EzraNightshade on February 12, 2014, 10:44:59 AM
why did take me so long to find this place?...( stupid search engines) try putting in "Bi polar sexuality" and see what you get..* sigh*

I will take the time to introduce my self in greater depth later...but after reading a bunch of posts...it became painfully obvious to me, that I am in the right place.....
thank the universe, I was truly starting to wonder if I might be alone, but I couldn't conceive  that I could be.

a..

Hi! * blush*

Hi Ezra,
       No you are not alone, you are definitely at the right place. Welcome to the family!
  •  

UnlockingJack

Hi everyone! I'm Jack. I identify as a greyromantic pansexual androgyne. I'm 28 and live in Minnesota with my (bisexual, conveniently) husband and our cats.

I've had gender...concerns since I was about 6 years old, but only fully accepted that this is who I am about six months ago. My internal body-map has always had both sets of sex organs, even though I'm AFAB, and I've always had a lot of dysphoria because of that. Always loved my deep-for-a-girl voice, always hated my obviously-female given name, always loved having short spiky haircuts, always dreamed of looking like Brian Molko or Elly Jackson, never felt comfortable in pink-and-ruffles OR suit-and-tie. In the last year or so, I've made a lot of positive life-changes (lost a lot of weight, confronted a lot of fears, that kind of thing) that have led to my being able to accept myself for who I am.

I chose the name Jack for myself when I was about 6. I wished my whole life that I could be called Jack, but only very recently realized that it's something I can have, that I deserve to have a name I identify with and feel comfortable with. I love the name because it's fairly gender neutral leaning masculine, and because every character I've ever seen called Jack has been interesting. I want to be that kind of person, you know? I haven't told my mother or sister yet, but most of the other important people in my life now call me Jack.

Aside from all the gender stuff, I'm a fiber artist (knitter and spinner), avid gamer, tattoo and piercing addict, and heavily involved in the podfic end of fandom (podfic is audiobook versions of fanfiction). I also enjoy hiking, canoeing, dance, and nerding out at conventions.

Glad to have found this place, and I look forward to talking with you all!
I've got lots of friends / yes, but then again / nobody knows me at all
-The Weepies
  •  

Shantel

Hey welcome Jack, sounds like you're getting it together!
  •  

MadeleineG

Hijack!

You sound like you're finding your place in the buzzing, blooming confusion.

From a fellow canoodler, welcome to the site  ;D

•  

Jamie D

Jack and Ezra - welcome!

As someone who felt confused, isolated, and alone for decades, I can attest that you have friends here who understand.
  •  

EzraNightshade

hello again.
So in reading posts yesterday I realized there is a whole new vocabulary I find I am unfamiliar with regarding orientation/identity/ preference, and a bunch of new acronym's  ( this is the point at which somebody usually tells me to use the search feature or FAQ section and I will) but I am just mentioning it here because I won't be using that language to describe my self here.

The very short version is, 50% PIG 50% girl not a whole lot in between.. I don't occupy the middle of the spectrum just both ends the result is a certain amount of androgyny but pressures of society and being masculine in appearance....the girl part doesn't get let out very often. I don't "dress up" she/me won't have me going out looking like that...besides it isn't "dressing" that dose it for her/me.. how ever she /me is a big part of my daily emotional make up and needs..( this is where things get sticky) ...my SO being an open minded sort of girl, she gave it a good ol' collage try...but she wasn't telling me her real feelings and I went a bit over board... eventually she decided I was becoming a split personality which I am but not in the traditional sense. and well.... rejection hurts..
Now that I know what is going on with me...the realization answered many, many questions and confusions ,distinctly un-manly urges I had...I can't just put it back in the box.... don't want to... but the price...*sigh*
I know no one can tell me what to do.. not asking that  I know better being a recovering  alcoholic and all...
I just didn't want to feel alone anymore. even those among the LTGB community don't understand what it means to be in the middle,  both or neither.
anyway...

Hi Shantel- thank you for the warm welcome
Hi , Jack (I am avid podcast( podiobooks) listener)
hi Jami ( forgive me for shortening it)    50 shades of fuchsia...lol!...I love you already!

ps. how long am I going to have to "verify" each time I post?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: EzraNightshade on February 13, 2014, 09:01:53 AM
hello again.
So in reading posts yesterday I realized there is a whole new vocabulary I find I am unfamiliar with regarding orientation/identity/ preference, and a bunch of new acronym's  ( this is the point at which somebody usually tells me to use the search feature or FAQ section and I will) but I am just mentioning it here because I won't be using that language to describe my self here.

The very short version is, 50% PIG 50% girl not a whole lot in between.. I don't occupy the middle of the spectrum just both ends the result is a certain amount of androgyny but pressures of society and being masculine in appearance....the girl part doesn't get let out very often. I don't "dress up" she/me won't have me going out looking like that...besides it isn't "dressing" that dose it for her/me.. how ever she /me is a big part of my daily emotional make up and needs..( this is where things get sticky) ...my SO being an open minded sort of girl, she gave it a good ol' collage try...but she wasn't telling me her real feelings and I went a bit over board... eventually she decided I was becoming a split personality which I am but not in the traditional sense. and well.... rejection hurts..
Now that I know what is going on with me...the realization answered many, many questions and confusions ,distinctly un-manly urges I had...I can't just put it back in the box.... don't want to... but the price...*sigh*
I know no one can tell me what to do.. not asking that  I know better being a recovering  alcoholic and all...
I just didn't want to feel alone anymore. even those among the LTGB community don't understand what it means to be in the middle,  both or neither.
anyway...

Hi Shantel
Hi , Jack (I am avid podcast( podiobooks) listener)

ps. how long am I going to have to "verify" each time I post?

You don't have to verify here ever is you don't want to. Strange how much I relate in a way to your self description though, I think you fit right in here my friend!
  •  

EzraNightshade

I mean the "type the letters you see" and "type the first word to the right" box at the bottom of the reply page.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: EzraNightshade on February 13, 2014, 09:11:38 AM
I mean the "type the letters you see" and "type the first word to the right" box at the bottom of the reply page.

Oh gotcha! Yeah that's when you are new to the site, it will go away eventually and you won't have to do that anymore.
  •  

UnlockingJack

Shantel, I was about to post and be like "oh, so it's just a matter of waiting then" but it's already gone, yay. I think it was about three days, Ezra, if you're wondering.

(also, Shantel, Ezra, Jamie, Qwynne-- thanks for the welcome :) )
I've got lots of friends / yes, but then again / nobody knows me at all
-The Weepies
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Emilyx on February 18, 2014, 08:41:47 PM
hello:)

Once upon a time I was googeling my feelings looking for answers, ( i feel like i am transexual but i am ok whit my body, and i do actually have a lot of male traits kinda searching.. :Pp )  then I found the label and society that immediately opened my eyes.
My name is Emil and i am a 20 year old androgyne from Norway ( Bio male). I study full-time and work as bartender on weekends.
I am just starting my transition from male to androgyne. As of today, Expressions are a huge part of how I manage to be more like myself. I have Felt extremely lost and different ever since i can remember, and today i really feel like i am on the right path.I do get lost/confused sometimes, but i was hoping maybe you guys could help me whit that  ::)

Awesome community! thank you<3

Emil / Emily ( makes me think clearer about things;P)

Emily,
     Welcome here, you are at the right place and in good company. I live in the US in Washington state, my grandpa is from Hammerfest although I don't speak Norwegian. We do have a big international community here with many Norwegians and other Skandinavians from neighboring countries.
  •  

ErinWDK

Quote from: Shantel on February 13, 2014, 09:25:52 AM
Oh gotcha! Yeah that's when you are new to the site, it will go away eventually and you won't have to do that anymore.

It went away after ten posts - so it is posts not time.

The last question I got was "Are you human?"  Given my low self esteem that was a trick question...
  •  

MadeleineG

Quote from: ErinWDK on February 24, 2014, 08:08:52 AM
The last question I got was "Are you human?"  Given my low self esteem that was a trick question...

It's also insensitive to our Otherkin members.  :-\
  •  

Drenee

Sorry for this long post but I would feel more comfortable explaining things in detail:

Instead of jumping right to the end ill start from the beginning. I first realized something different about myself since I was 10. I was very curious about what it would be like as girl, even going as for as to wear my siblings clothes and acted feminine when I felt no one was watching & engaging in what I thought & felt was female-oriented. When I enter puberty I felt like I was in the wrong body and thought I was a transgendered and even contemplated going through MtoF transformation for a long while.

During my middle school life, I always envied girls as they did things that I wanted to do but society would deem unacceptable, it felt so normal to me. As a teenager I wasn't very strong or self-confident and very soft and passive. I often thought of suicide & abused myself after constant bullying in middle-school. At the end of my middle school-life, as the internet became more readily available, I did the best research I could do and learn and explored the variety of different sexuality and how people cope/integrate it in their lives. At that point I just thought I was a bi-curious crossdresser since I didn't see the guy friends in my circle "having a feminine side".

High School life was better for me, my private school was nice but I enter with emotional problems from middle school so i often self-reflected and projected the possible negativity from peer onto them. During this time I desired to learn the ways of acting as a future career and I learned shortly afterward that from time to time I can express my femininity under the guise of be a well-rounded amateur actor. It took me awhile before I felt that indulging in my feminine side wasn't apart of experimenting my sexuality, it was truly apart of me and my wellbeing & inseparable. When alone I express my true self to the best of my abilities but I always dream of doing things like shopping & and hanging/socializing with girls who understand & will help me shape the girl within my psyche while maintaining my "public/normal" male persona.

The being of college was very liberating as I became a bit more optimistic about life. It was the 1st time I ever met gay couples/lesbians and some are my friends. I often wonder how strong they are or how supportive their circle is. Throughout my college life I didn't feel satisfied with the simple label of a crossdresser, I reflected on my life and did alot of research and reading others stories as experiences. Throughout my studies I learned that I had no desire for MtoF transformation & was very comfortable in my body. It wasn't soon afterward that I found my right label.

Being a psychological mixture of both sexes was what met my psychological state of the long 12 years of soul-searching for true comfort in my true identity as an androgyne. In the past few week I've been seeking support group that can help me and I even recently came out to one of my long time female efriends and she whole-heartily accepted me and support me. She is my 1st friend I have ever shared this with and it was a great relief when she returned the love.
Im a very pessimistic & modest androgyne. I've been androgynous since I was 10 years old. I'll try my best to fit in. It hard for me to express myself & my mixed personality but I'll try. Its hard for me to be strong and my optimistism is often short lived. So please bear with me.
  •