Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satinjoy

I never did the intro thing, but I put this out on the mtf side before denial was shattered and I accepted my full non binary identity:

If you were DES exposed, what did it do to you?  This is what happened to me.

I got creamed by this drug, used to treat miscarriages in massive doses.  As known publicly here I believe it changed my endo and my  central nervous system to fully female.  Without the DES debate and medical stuff, what is your trans experience?  Not pinning it back to DES, but what do you feel?

No what does DES do here please or medical stuff. We have that other places here on Susans. Just --what is your trans experience?

Heres mine:

Born effeminate.  Earliest id with female physical feelings - still in a crib looking up.  Thank you therapy for unlocking that one.  Vague though.

Early- female bone structure, could do nothing with a ball, withdrawn, isolated.  Totally inadequate as a boy.  Extremely effeminate.

Mid school- hell on earth. Could not tell externally if boy or girl.  Saw girl in the mirror not a guy.  Extreme abuse by peers.  More withdrawn.  Decided to create a male coping personality to prove it untrue.  And every day for 5-6 years every time I walked into a room they called me a fa--ot.      .   Fractured my mind a bit, but I became very tough.  And bitter.

Intensely attracted to girls.

Minor crossdressing begins.  Realized body had female sex needs.

Went out for wrestling and became a terror on the mats in high school.  Name calling stopped.  Team would have torn them to peices.

Started drinking, lost virginity to blond bombshell and intended to marry her.  Fetishistic and female sex drive still large.

Went down the tubes on booze.  Lost the blond.

Gays went after me, started to crossdress under clothes at gay bars, would screw anyone that moved if I was drunk.  Discovered pot and amyl nitrate and got hooked on both.

Moved to NYC and it got worse.

Got sober and figured out emotional attractions were to women and physical was wired female.  Started purging.

Showed up at an AA meeting in a dress.   They told me I needed a better wig and didn't even blink.  No more excuses for drinking.

Purged and got married to a real beauty.  Will do anything to keep her.

Purged 50 times.  Female side got stronger, fetishistic side got stronger.  Still see a girl in the mirror, hate my face because I always see her.  Still into male things to escape pain, racing car amatuer or kart professionally, blow them up movies, anything to get out.

Got BPS at 55, found out what finesteride was, secretly found out about Susan's.  Cracked and tried to physician steer into hormones after researching who was trans friendly.  Told my best friend and kids.  Best friend did not reject so I survived.

Still no desire to present female outside the house.

Endo sends me to therapy.  Discovery begins.

Misidentified as characteristic of many auto G things and outside of Benjamin standards.  No FTE.

Gets hormone letter, clearly needed.

Remaining fetishist and other stuff becomes different, healthy, less intense.  Mirror stuff stops cold.  Continue to strip away to find a female physical center and a non male non female psychological center that morphs depending on how I am dressed and who I am with.  No act either, the three presentations are totally genuine.  One to survive, one to adapt and maintain family relationships, and one to be real.

No labels fit.  Its not about the clothes.  Its self perception and physical wiring.

Big risk to take here on Susans, to bare all.  I am so desperate to be accepted and finally not alone that I would do anything to be who you all want me to be.  Just like I did in 6th grade, forming a personality to be accepted.

I'm not going to do that.  I am stronger than that I am a transwoman, just with added features mentally.

My dysphoria concerning my body and feelings is acute.  But I can handle the male disguise with total ease.  But not below the neck, the presentation line.  That I need totally female.  The male disguise is to keep the assho.. s from doing that fa..et thing again, I would absolutely see red and tear them to peices if that word is ever used on me again.  No muscle strength anymore or not.

Did I mention in addition to severe alcoholism the anxiety and intense driven thing - largely removed by HRT?

The wiring, having estrogen receptors in my brain (I am told most men do not have them or get sick on estrogen), the attraction to my own body, the dual sexual orientation - one is repressed I am married and faithful but I wish my wife would ravage me - the bone structure, the node on my left testicle, the preop status and ok with that, all are DES traits.  So is indentifying as a third sex, neither fully male nor fully female psychologically, rather some kind of blending.

And I am a she not a he -physically, and all the time.  Psychologically - depends on the environment.   DES makes me feel like I dont fully fit, even in here, because I am not even normal for a TS.  And I am TS not CD.  No judgment there, but I don't seem to have those characteristics. 

There are others here on the board like me.  Anyone want to let it out?  We can cry together later, because this thing hurts.  It started as an involuntary womb conversion and became ... me.

But if asked I am a transwoman, and I know darn well this could be progressive, and it scares the living crap out of me.

I hope I don't regret posting this, but I believe in having the guts to be real.  I hope I didn't just alienate everyone I hold so dear in here.  It would utterly crush me, but I have to know, am I the only one like this?  I know of one other.... 

That was about 2 months ago, just before 2 mental breakdowns that all of you and especially Aisla, Miss Julie, Patty and many others pulled me through to the other side, finding out the cliff was a jump into the real.  The edge.  My edge is self acceptance and the end of self delusion or deception. I also no longer fear progression. 

I no longer self identify as a transwoman, because I don't fit the labels.   However I am physically an mtf no op female.  And the rest is all over the posts and all over Susans, including the joy of finally accepting who I am, of finding the core, and of celebrating it.  There are no mistakes and the DES thing and who I am is no accident.

But for those of us who do not go to the mtf section, this is a part of my story. And welcome to all the newbies.

And in this section, not only do I fit in and am not alone, I am with my family.

Love to all here.
Morpheus: This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the red pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the little blue pills - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes

Sh'e took the little blue ones.
  •  

Shantel

Great intro SatinJoy, glad you made it and are here, we love you kid!
  •  

JessicaN

Hi all. I've been lurking a bit for a while and finally have gotten around to posting. I already posted a general intro: https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,169150.0.html

But since I identify non-binary, I figured I'd better post here too.

There's so much activity on this forum and so many people, I honestly don't know how I'll keep up. I'm not sure what else to say. I think I covered most of it in the other introduction. But I'm open if anyone wants to ask me stuff.

Oh yeah, and I'm in Orange County CA and totally willing to network and make friends here.
  •  

Shantel

Hi Jessica welcome to the motley crew here! There's lots of interesting stuff to read, hope you will feel free to chime in and add your own take on things.
  •  

Literary X

I'm Verne. I'm going on 19 and I'm agender. My biologically female traits are painfully obvious, especially my DD breasts, so I have a very difficult time looking androgynous. I can't afford top surgery, and my family doesn't even want me to wear a binder. They see me as a girl, and they can't understand for the life of them that I'm NOT!!!
Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.
--John Dewey
  •  

JaeG

Hey, this is my first time on this forum so, hopefully I do this correctly ^^"

My name is Jae (not my birth name, but I hope to legally change it to this in the near future) and I've always been confused about my gender identity.

I'm biologically female, but have always felt male. When I was younger, I'd want to be called 'he' and I feel like I was always meant to be a boy. But, I also happen to be quite feminine. I enjoy being 'pretty' and androgynous, growing my hair long and wearing makeup. I also enjoy wearing girl clothes just as much as I enjoy wearing men's clothes, which has put me out of place within the FtM community. I've been told that I'm 'just a confused girl' and that I'm 'giving FtMs a bad name' so, I've pretty much given up on forums.

I'm currently seeing a therapist and am working on starting HRT. My goal is to appear more androgynous. I'm already quite fortunate because I'm quite thin and can bind easily, but I'm also quite petite and almost never pass as a male :'( Haven't come out to anyone except my therapist. I'm quite shy and reserved, I don't have many friends, but I am close to my family and hope to come out to them after starting HRT
I'm 18, just graduated from high school and look forward to finally feeling comfortable in my own skin ^^
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: JaeG on July 28, 2014, 04:00:06 PM
Hey, this is my first time on this forum so, hopefully I do this correctly ^^"

My name is Jae (not my birth name, but I hope to legally change it to this in the near future) and I've always been confused about my gender identity.

I'm biologically female, but have always felt male. When I was younger, I'd want to be called 'he' and I feel like I was always meant to be a boy. But, I also happen to be quite feminine. I enjoy being 'pretty' and androgynous, growing my hair long and wearing makeup. I also enjoy wearing girl clothes just as much as I enjoy wearing men's clothes, which has put me out of place within the FtM community. I've been told that I'm 'just a confused girl' and that I'm 'giving FtMs a bad name' so, I've pretty much given up on forums.

I'm currently seeing a therapist and am working on starting HRT. My goal is to appear more androgynous. I'm already quite fortunate because I'm quite thin and can bind easily, but I'm also quite petite and almost never pass as a male :'( Haven't come out to anyone except my therapist. I'm quite shy and reserved, I don't have many friends, but I am close to my family and hope to come out to them after starting HRT
I'm 18, just graduated from high school and look forward to finally feeling comfortable in my own skin ^^

Welcome JaeG,
            You're at the right place and don't worry there is no correct way here, we are all unique individuals and everyone has their own style, so jump right in with both feet because you won't be getting any criticism here, just a healthy dose of TLC from lots of non-binary androgynous folks. We all have our own sense of self expression so you fit right in.
  •  

Gabrielle_22

Hi everyone,

I posted an introduction in the general introductions thread, but now I see that this one is a bit more tailored to my gender identity. Essentially, I was assigned male at birth, but felt, for as long as I could remember, like there was a girl inside me; I've often pictured it as that the hallway of myself contains two doors, one to the girl and one to my male side. As a consequence, once I found the terminology in my early twenties, I began to secretly identify as bi-gender, though I have always favoured my female side over my male side to such an extent that I know, if I had to make the choice, that I would prefer having been born female. For most of my life, I haven't felt able to present myself as female, however. I grew up in an island in the Caribbean that--like many of the other islands, unfortunately--is quite homophobic, and although I am not actually attracted to males, anything connected to being trans* is lumped together with homosexuality. People can get quite violent when talking about homosexuality, and so it's only recently, when I went to the United States for university, that I've begun to feel more comfortable presenting as my girl side. It makes me tremendously happy to be able to do so, but I've only come out to a few people so far--none of them family members or people from back home--and am nervous about the effects that coming out to everyone in my academic department might have. I'm in a relatively liberal department, but it will still be such a big change for everyone in it that I'm making sure I plan my moves as carefully as I can.

I've been coming to Susans for quite some time now. It seems like a wonderful community, and it's helped me more than once to remember that I'm not the only one like myself out there.  :) I'm really glad this place exists, and I look forward to seeing everyone's stories, especially if there are any other bi-gender persons active on here.

Gabby
"The time will come / when, with elation / you will greet yourself arriving / at your own door, in your own mirror / and each will smile at the other's welcome, / and say, sit here. Eat. / You will love again the stranger who was your self./ Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart / to itself, to the stranger who has loved you / all your life, whom you ignored" - Walcott, "Love after Love"
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Gabrielle_22 on August 11, 2014, 07:23:47 PM

I've been coming to Susans for quite some time now. It seems like a wonderful community, and it's helped me more than once to remember that I'm not the only one like myself out there.  :) I'm really glad this place exists, and I look forward to seeing everyone's stories, especially if there are any other bi-gender persons active on here.

Gabby

Hey Gabby,
         Welcome sweetie, you're at the right place!
  •  

Phoenixophine

Hi everyone! My name is Phoenix and I've just joined the site today.  I'd say I'm genderless, but can also be called agender, whichever is comfortable for you. I started questioning my gender at the beginning of this year, and I still have confusion occasionally, but for the most part I am confident in my gender identity. I've come out to my parents only recently and they're still not very accepting, but I believe they'll come around eventually :). I'm very excited to further participate in the forum!
  •  

Shantel

•  

Kira Phoenix

Hellos...my name is Kira. Lately I've been questioning my gender even more of late. I consider myself bigendered as I feel like I am both male and female. I prefer female pronouns however I am ok with androgyn pronouns as well.

helen2010

Kira and Phoenix

Welcome to Susans.  I hope that you both find us friendly, supportive and willing to share our experience, perspective and information.  There is plenty of information on past and current threads accessible via the search function.  Many of us are on our unique journeys through the Unicorn Forest.  Many different non binaries to meet and spend time with.  Ours is a great sub community, non judgmental and always available if you need to vent.

Safe travels

Aisla
  •  

Gabrielle_22

Quote from: Kira Phoenix on August 12, 2014, 09:28:27 PM
Hellos...my name is Kira. Lately I've been questioning my gender even more of late. I consider myself bigendered as I feel like I am both male and female. I prefer female pronouns however I am ok with androgyn pronouns as well.

Hi Kira,

you sound similar to me, as far as the gender spectrum goes. I tend to feel I lean much more towards my female side, prefer presenting as female when I can, and often wish I had been born a woman, but I still acknowledge a male side inside me that I "switch" between. I look forward to seeing your thoughts on being bi-gender, particularly pronouns and how people around you deal with them; the few friends I've "come out" to tend to get confused, unfortunately, by my shifting pronouns, though I hope this will improve with time.

Good luck on your journey and hope you find some answers here!
"The time will come / when, with elation / you will greet yourself arriving / at your own door, in your own mirror / and each will smile at the other's welcome, / and say, sit here. Eat. / You will love again the stranger who was your self./ Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart / to itself, to the stranger who has loved you / all your life, whom you ignored" - Walcott, "Love after Love"
  •  

RobinGee

I'm on a bouncing spectrum in between gender-nonconforming man and non op transwoman.   And I'm starting to think it's okay I don't really know
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: RobinGee on August 15, 2014, 08:40:32 PM
I'm on a bouncing spectrum in between gender-nonconforming man and non op transwoman.   And I'm starting to think it's okay I don't really know

Welcome here Robin, yeah we all go through the soul searching and eventually fine where we are most comfortable.
  •  

DCRat

Hello, I will try to keep this short.
I was assigned female but didn't quite make the grade. My adoptive parents generally referred to me as It and admitted I should have been born a boy.
I am over 50 years old so grew up in a time of less info and resources. I first heard about transgendered because of the tennis player Renee Richards when I was a young teen. I decided if the opposite could be done, I had no idea if it could and was too scared to ask, I would do it.
When I was little I would pray that I would wake up a boy. Most of my childhood I got asked if I was a boy or girl and was too scared to answer but tried to pass as a boy. I got punched and threatened a few times for that.
I won't write my life story here but I attempted to transition several years ago but since I had too many issues with family, Life and etc I quit.
Now I ID in my private daydream life as male and try to fit in as a woman the real world but I really don't.
There is so much more but that's enough for now.
I am not make or female , I just am a person .
Peace.

•  

Shantel

Welcome DCRat to your new home and your extended family!
  •  

DCRat

•  

Dread_Faery

Technically I don't have a none binary identity, but my presentation is definitely androgynous... well most of the time. I just wanted to say hi, because last time I passed through this way the NB folk were always really nice. So hi everyone.
  •