Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shantel

Quote from: Dread_Faery on September 03, 2014, 05:53:48 PM
Technically I don't have a none binary identity, but my presentation is definitely androgynous... well most of the time. I just wanted to say hi, because last time I passed through this way the NB folk were always really nice. So hi everyone.

Hi hon,
     Welcome back always!
  •  

Dread_Faery

Is fruitcake still the arch nemesis?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Dread_Faery on September 04, 2014, 10:07:38 AM
Is fruitcake still the arch nemesis?

I dunno, it has a shelf life of 25 years even though no one eats it and re-gifts it every year! I suppose the gist of the question went over my head.... :icon_ballbounce:
  •  

Dread_Faery

I believe that years ago, the evil meta-cake invaded the unicorn forest, disrupting the calm and harmony, until everyone banded together and cast it back into the void where it belongs. It may be true, it may be legend... I think few remain who remember those days, let alone took part in the battle.
  •  

Mark3

I've been slowly trying to figure myself out since I joined here, without many concrete answers at first.. I joined as just an allie / supporter for reasons I didn't really know at the time, hiding behind the CISgender label because it's all I've ever known, and because I didn't know what was going on inside me, or really understood myself at all then.?? I still don't to be honest, but I'm learning a lot every day now, and things are starting to fit together in my mind, like pieces of a jigsaw puzzle, and I'm slowly seeing a true picture of who and what I really am..

I think I've reached the conclusion that at least until I discover other or new things about myself, that I belong in this group, Non-Binary.. I feel male, but with a very feminine part that seems to get stronger all the time..? For now, I have no wish to present differently, how I feel basically hasn't much to do with me on the outside, but everything to do with me on the inside.. Maybe that may change some day, but I'm not there yet..? I don't know what else to say..??

Im born male, but had a lot of very unhappy years especially during puberty trying to fit in anywhere..? I've used the following explanation about me for years while not knowing why, "I feel like a musical note that is a half octave flat or sharp, but never feeling in-tune with others around me".. I'm realizing now that it's because my brain-gender is not as much male as I always assumed.. Being more comfortable around women my whole life, having close female friends refer to me as one of they're girlfriends (in a joking way) but it's absolutely true.. Now I run women's fashion fan pages online etc, and I thought I was going crazy at one point, but it's just who I am, I don't try to be this way, I don't choose it, it's just where my mind is, thus where I follow in my actions...

My SO has accepted me always, which I feel very lucky and blessed by, she's never ever been jealous of me having female friends, and even though I haven't talked much to her about the things I'm typing here, I think she already has a better idea of who I am than I probably do.. One of these days I'll talk to her more in depth, but I really want to better understand myself first, so I will use the right words and sound like I know what I'm talking about, I'm not there yet though...

So, I guess this is my label among the group here, even though I don't like labels, another reason I like the term "Non-Binary", because it's very broad and inclusive of a lot of people..

So, this is me, feeling vulnerable in admitting these things tonight, not ready to speak of them openly in real life yet, or on Fb or other pages, but I feel very comfortable here with this group, so I will do my best to be me...
"The soul is beyond male and female as it is beyond life and death."
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Mark3 on September 08, 2014, 08:42:47 PM
I feel very comfortable here with this group, so I will do my best to be me...

Glad you're here and feeling comfortable, it was a good introspective commentary, we all do this because it's part of being real instead of living in a cloud of self delusion as some seem to prefer. Eventually we all find center for our own life rather than living several degrees off bubble trying to emulate someone else's life it never feels good!
  •  

captains

Ok, I feel really awkward about introducing, but I've made enough posts in these last few days that I feel like I should, y'know, deliver an official hello or something.

Anyway. Hi, I'm Cam, I'm a first year medical student from Portland, OR. I finally made it to these forums after a desperate late-night Google search, and I'm already grateful. I wish I'd had a place like this back when I was in high school or early undergrad.

Anyway, as far as genderstuff goes, I've been skirting the edges of gender variance since my late teens, but it wasn't until about a year ago that I began to identify as trans. I have to admit, it was something of a rocky start, too -- there was a lot of internalized garbage in my way.

I'd seen one of those infographics, you know the type? Zine style, from the POV of a non-binary person. And as I read it, I got so angry. In retrospect, I'm really ashamed, but at the time, I was just fist-swinging pissed. I thought, "How DARE this person claim to be trans, when their experience is so similar to mine, and OBVIOUSLY I'm cis!" Cis-as-default was so deeply rooted in my brain, that I didn't even stop to think that maybe I was trans, and not the other way around. Of course, I kept my irritation to myself, but jeez, it was an unfriendly time in my brain. A lot of anger, a lot of doubt, and a hell of a lot of dysphoria. Intellectually, I knew that not everyone fit into that "I always knew I was born in the wrong body!" narrative, but emotionally, I struggled to accept to the validity of the in-between, the liminal areas between cis and trans, male and female.

These days, I'm feeling a lot better about things (although the line between binary and non-binary is still something I'm navigating for myself), and I'm eager to meet people who kinda sorta Get It. So yeah, that's my spiel. Hope it's alright that I posted here! It just seemed right.
- cameron
  •  

EchelonHunt

Cam,

Welcome! There are many people still discovering new qualities about themselves (myself included) when it comes to the line between binary and non-binary.

I can relate to the anger you felt. I was previously angry beforehand, that having gone through HRT (originally wanted to have top surgery without going on HRT first but was denied as HRT was a requirement back then), only to find out that there were non-binary/genderqueer individuals who had managed to receive a letter for top surgery without dealing with the requirement to go onto HRT. I was angry but I have since gotten over it as I know now that with the FTM bottom surgeries I desire, HRT would have been inevitable anyway.

You are not alone :)

Kind regards,

Jacey
  •  

Taka

i'm angry at unfair requirements!

and welcome cam.
it's good to hear you're starting to get to know yourself.
i'm sure you're a much more wonderful person than you ever knew.
  •  

Dread_Faery

I'm generally just an angry feminist

Anyway, welcome to the forest Cam.
  •  

captains

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. And I'm right there with you guys, re: anger at the world's injustices. While I'm more than ready for my frustration with my body and my sense of self to fade, productive anger, like the kind that motivates positive change? Well, that's the kind I'm alright with keeping around.

I really appreciate all your kind words. The idea of having a community I can share some of these things with is so ... incredible to me, I cant even really express it.
- cameron
  •  

Shantel

Welcome Cam!
           I'm a bit slow catching up been offline for several days. Your story sounds very familiar to me, so I can assure you that you're at the right place now! "We're all mad as hell and we're not taking it anymore either!" One of my favorite and most descriptive movie lines that says it all for those of us here.  ;D
  •  

TeeBoi

Hey there all

I'm Tee, I identify as a genderqueer transmasculine xx boi, but I'm currently presenting as a cis dyke because i've got massive knockers (am I allowed to say that?)
I've just signed up to be sociable, really, so I hope to get to know people soon :)

Ciao peeps x
  •  

Dread_Faery

•  

Taka

welcome tee!

you sound like an interesting person. will be fun to socialize with you.
  •  

Shantel

Hey there Tee, welcome to the farm! No-one knocks knockers here, it's all quite acceptable trust me!
  •  

Jaded Jade

I am genetically male, 39, with a wonderfully understanding wife, and after much ado finally losing my illusions and addressing my GD.

I am Androgyne more than anything, I know that it is a stepping stone for many to go further but I don't think that is the case for me.  The taste of low dose HRT that I have has erased any doubts that I have about not having GD.  But being non-binary it is a scary path ahead and I am closer to the start of it than the end.

If anyone has a reference for a good NB gender therapist in Baltimore or Columbia MD I would be grateful!  : )

- JJ
- JJ
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Jaded Jade on September 25, 2014, 11:57:44 PM
I am genetically male, 39, with a wonderfully understanding wife, and after much ado finally losing my illusions and addressing my GD.

I am Androgyne more than anything, I know that it is a stepping stone for many to go further but I don't think that is the case for me.  The taste of low dose HRT that I have has erased any doubts that I have about not having GD.  But being non-binary it is a scary path ahead and I am closer to the start of it than the end.

If anyone has a reference for a good NB gender therapist in Baltimore or Columbia MD I would be grateful!  : )

- JJ

Welcome JJ,
           You're in good company here!
  •  

D.N.

Posted a forumwide intro, I guess I might as well introduce myself directly to the other NB folks as well :0

I'm trigender, technically, but I flux and flow between three genders that are superficially very similar (three nonbinary genders, mind), so half the time I introduce myself as agender just because people seem to be more aware of it.

I'm FAAB (female-assigned-at-birth), but not FTX/FTN/FTA or "female-bodied"; my body was assigned a gender without my permission, but it is my body, so it is a nonbinary body. Simple. I do intend to physically transition, though, in a manner of speaking. Binding for the rest of my life is not an appealing prospect ;P

Ahh, anyway, I'll probably be frequenting this corner of the site, so I'll probably talk to a lot of you here and there! :)
it/its/itself pronouns please!
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: D.N. on October 12, 2014, 06:17:24 PM
Posted a forumwide intro, I guess I might as well introduce myself directly to the other NB folks as well :0

I'm trigender, technically, but I flux and flow between three genders that are superficially very similar (three nonbinary genders, mind), so half the time I introduce myself as agender just because people seem to be more aware of it.

I'm FAAB (female-assigned-at-birth), but not FTX/FTN/FTA or "female-bodied"; my body was assigned a gender without my permission, but it is my body, so it is a nonbinary body. Simple. I do intend to physically transition, though, in a manner of speaking. Binding for the rest of my life is not an appealing prospect ;P

Ahh, anyway, I'll probably be frequenting this corner of the site, so I'll probably talk to a lot of you here and there! :)

You fit right in here, welcome again!
  •