Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amanda500

Hello! We are Amanda(F), Maleme(M), and LittleOne(m?).  You can read the outline of our story in our master intro here:

https://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,216126.0.html

Maleme is who the world knows us as. We have been lurking since before the great migration to other places by many of the non-binary members. We have been tempted to break our promise of no secrets from our wife many times since this forum felt so much like a home for wandering misfits like ourself. I-Amanda wanted so much to be part of the poetic dance in the Fairy's Forest. There have been so many times I wanted to reach out and tell others that they are not alone in their confusion. I was quite saddened that others who are plural in response to trauma left and hope that some others like us come along.

•  

Tessa James

Hello and welcome Amanda500,

I appreciate your history and find the term "lurking" to have a too negative connotation vs the critically important personal exploration so many of us need to find ourselves.  However you arrived and however you identify it seems there is someone just like you around this Place.  I made some friends for life among those non binary folks of a  few years ago.  I also find that many of us drift away as transition feels more settled? 

I greatly enjoy being female and still own my very long history living as some sort of boy and man.  One of the reasons for my too long history of shame and denial was actually meeting a few transgender people and hearing that I needed to have very binary goals and identity to be considered "really trans."   That was true when I attempted a transition in the 90s when I found no professional help available other than than where to furtively buy a bra.  We are better educated now with the understanding that gender is much more than male/female or masculine/feminine.  There is a wonderful freedom and relief to find our lives can be so very unique and genuine without any gender labels necessary at all!  Hope to hear more from you.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

SideshowBob

I'm Steven and/or Susan and I *think* I'm a demiboy? Gender is confusing. Anyways I'm 18 years old. He/him or they/them.
  •  

Amanda500

Welcome Steven,

The non-binary area is a great place to work out the confusions of gender. We hope to here more from you.

Amanda
  •  

Tessa James

Good morning from the Oregon coast and welcome to the Place Steven/Susan.  I applaud your interest and outreach and feel you are so smart to be considering identity at a younger age.  One regret we often hear here is that "i didn't start sooner"

There has never been a better time than right now to grow in personal understanding and awareness of your unique identity.  There are volumes written and shared in these many pages.  Some are lyrical and prosaic while others are raw with need and and fear.

I hope you enjoy this explorers path.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

Cailan Jerika

I reintroduced myself in the regular introduction area, and now here I am. I have always exhibited the "symptoms" of being bi-gender, but I either failed to recognize it, or I was in denial. I'm really not sure which. For a long time I was very confused, because I had the desire to have penetrative sex with my own penis but I didn't want to stop being female. It made no sense, so I shoved it into a corner only acknowledged it occasionally, and only in the dark of night in my own imagination. I also never understood why I always felt slight uncomfortable/awkward/not right in my daily female presentation, despite enjoying being female and loving the feeling of a skirt swishing around my legs. Now I know it was dysphoria, coming from the male side.

My counselor only wants to classify me as "non-binary" at this time, though I feel in my heart "bi-gender" is the correct term for what it is I am. I have an ever-present male and female side who generally don't like each other all that much. Each prevents the other from being happy, and it results in a whole lot of gender dysphoria. In outward ways the female side (which happens to match my body) has prevailed, but my personality tends to be more male than female.

I'm married (27 years) to a MtF, who has not really begun transitioning, but expects to begin this summer. It's a rocky path, because the female part of me desperately needs him to stay male. She needs a strong male in her life as a lover and partner. My male half is more okay with the situation. My husband and I are working through ways to meet in the middle, though it's beginning to be more of a struggle as he becomes more she, and urges me to embrace my male half and transition. I think mostly because this fits his (her?) desires - to still have me and have a male-female relationship, just with our roles switched. It would kill my female side to transition all the way to male. I prefer to have my female side just a little dominant. I am also unhappy with how my body looks as a male right now. I have absolutely no clue how to transform myself, and the YouTube tutorials don't help at all, because I am hopeless with makeup and such. I really need someone who knows this thoroughly to hold my hand through the process. I'm in a remote rural city, no gender groups to help me out, except for a MtF group that talks inclusion but ultimately rejects anyone who isn't a really femme MTF.

We both came out to our local immediate family this week. Their reaction of surprise (and almost immediate acceptance) of my husband went well. As to my own bi-gender identity, my younger son's reply was "Mom, with you that's no surprise. It's been obvious for years." Huh. Maybe it was because I was unaware of my male side (willfully unaware?) and therefore not really trying to hide my male side. I don't know. But somehow I was the last to know.

As part of an exercise in advance of a transgender conference we plan to attend we were asked to provide new names to match our genders, so we worked on it. I came up with Kailan Jade - a unisex name for a bi-gender person, but Kailan is slightly more masculine, to represent my male side, and Jade is slightly more feminine to represent my female side.As a whole, *think* the name creates a unisex image - not sure what gender the person is. If I'm wrong, please let me know!

My younger son commented that the name sounds like a fantasy book character. I reminded him that my given name is literally straight out of Lord of the Rings.

•  

Tessa James

Welcome again Cailan Jade!  Whatever a therapist says I tend to respect your individual identity as your owned expression far more.  It takes many of us a long time to get here and we all take a personal route

So good to hear of the support you and your family are enjoying.  My son said something similar to me when coming out and I think they can have an intuitive sense about us prior to our announcement.

I trust you will continue your journeys together and I look forward to your sharing and exploring right here.
  •  

Sigmund7

I found these forums a week or so ago and have been spending my time reading the Crossdressing and Non- Binary sections to decide where I belonged.  For better or for worse, you folk win.

I'm almost 67. happily married and, after years of wondering have finally decided that I am an androgyne.

My story goes back to about 1970.  That was the first time I ever met an openly gay person.  I was not appalled, upset, or even concerned, which was a very positive reaction in1970.  I thought about whether I might be gay and decided I was not, I loved everything about women too much to be gay. 

Fast forward 30 years.  I was the faculty advisor for our campus GLBT student club and began to wonder if trans might be a better identity.  I cross dress on occasion and, for years, shared an underwear drawer with my wife.  That didn't really work either, as I was not unhappy living as a man and felt no gender dysphoria. Still thinking.

Around 2012 I began to wear panties on a regular basis and decided to paint my toenails during the Winter months just because I got a kick out of looking down in the shower and seeing the bright colors.  It's not a sexual thing so much as a statement of identity.  I'm happy in my life, with no gender dysphoria and a good marriage, but I've never felt like a "man".

A while back I discovered the terms "androgyne" and "genderqueer". That was/is me and always was the case. I'm some percent male and some percent female (it varies from day to day) and always have been.  No harm, no foul. 

Hope to learn a lot from those of you who have been here longer.
  •  

Tessa James

I am happy to be one of the unofficial welcome wagon weirdos around here.  I live part time in Portland Or where the City motto is "Keep Portland Weird".  I'm doing my part for the upper NW corner. ;)

Thank you for sharing some of your life experiences and sense of identity.  Funny, but I just popped in from a thread discussing gender dysphoria.  Nice to hear you don't suffer that feeling.  Other threads discuss transition and many trans folks embrace a social change rather than a medical or surgical path in their journey.  I am sure you will enjoy exploring here and glad to hear that you are happy and still thinking.  I am a college trustee and feel sure we both embrace life long learning. 

Nice to get another win, our recruitment program seems to be working out and I might get a toaster oven ;D
  •  

Sigmund7

Thanks for the welcome, Tessa.  I havent heard about the toaster ovens for a long time.  Is that promotion still going on?

Quote from: Tessa James on February 23, 2017, 11:39:44 PM
I am happy to be one of the unofficial welcome wagon weirdos around here.  I live part time in Portland Or where the City motto is "Keep Portland Weird".  I'm doing my part for the upper NW corner. ;)

Thank you for sharing some of your life experiences and sense of identity.  Funny, but I just popped in from a thread discussing gender dysphoria.  Nice to hear you don't suffer that feeling.  Other threads discuss transition and many trans folks embrace a social change rather than a medical or surgical path in their journey.  I am sure you will enjoy exploring here and glad to hear that you are happy and still thinking.  I am a college trustee and feel sure we both embrace life long learning. 

Nice to get another win, our recruitment program seems to be working out and I might get a toaster oven ;D
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: Sigmund7 on February 24, 2017, 03:11:05 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Tessa.  I havent heard about the toaster ovens for a long time.  Is that promotion still going on?

Oh my yes,

We offer special incentive programs for virginal youth, gold star gay and lesbian members and TERFs!  We have a fine selection of SWAG (some worthless ass gift) items to choose from that feature pin up girls from 1940 to ensure modern relevancy.  Okay, i do love to tell stories and poke fun and trust folks recognize that people are not really able to be seduced by the salacious fun we trans or LGBTQ communities have.
  •  

Billie B

Hello, Hello, Hello Non-binary beauties  :-*

I am Billie and Billy and I'm genderfluid with my heart, soul and presentation swinging to the mtf, feminine side. Until I found out that genderfluid was a "thing" I figured I was just flying my freak flag high by crossdressing and experimenting with makeup, all the while thinking how unfair it is that girls get to have so much more fun expressing themselves stylistically and emotionally while boys can't excel without a narrow, drab pallet. Keep in mind that I'm a musician and have been offered a lot more expressive leeway than accountants and politicians :D
Still, It's time to be bold and fearless with regards to GENDER IDENTITY!!!

So, here I am loving the Susan's Place community at the start of my HRT to bring out more of my cherished femininity and my love for my trans male buddies. I'm looking forward to sharing more about my genderfluid and bi-gender / genderqueer self in the coming months and years.

Pleased to meet you,
Let me spell my name,
B I L L I E or,
B I L L Y,

I love you either way!

•  

Drexy/Drex

Great  intro.... Haha  you hit the nail on the head in regards  to has the most fun
Everything
  Louder
   Than
Everything
    Else
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: Billie B on March 06, 2017, 10:02:24 PM
Hello, Hello, Hello Non-binary beauties  :-*

I am Billie and Billy and I'm genderfluid with my heart, soul and presentation swinging to the mtf, feminine side. Until I found out that genderfluid was a "thing" I figured I was just flying my freak flag high by crossdressing and experimenting with makeup, all the while thinking how unfair it is that girls get to have so much more fun expressing themselves stylistically and emotionally while boys can't excel without a narrow, drab pallet. Keep in mind that I'm a musician and have been offered a lot more expressive leeway than accountants and politicians :D
Still, It's time to be bold and fearless with regards to GENDER IDENTITY!!!

So, here I am loving the Susan's Place community at the start of my HRT to bring out more of my cherished femininity and my love for my trans male buddies. I'm looking forward to sharing more about my genderfluid and bi-gender / genderqueer self in the coming months and years.

Pleased to meet you,
Let me spell my name,
B I L L I E or,
B I L L Y,

I love you either way!

Oh Billie B I love you too!  Anyone who still flies a freak flag is good with me :D  I dismissed and discounted my trans identity until the day I met another Enby person.  They were in my face (not literally) with a whole new reality to consider beyond the M/F, black and white binary narratives.  NB peeps, like anyone, are free to transcend those artificial cultural restraints on expression.  I used to think the grass was so much greener for girls.  Now I'm not so sure.  As an artist you know of creativity as a gender free liberation maybe?

Yes please do share.  I will enjoy your bold and fearless contrast to so many that remain with manacles of the mind ;D
  •  

Billie B

Thanks for the welcome Tessa. I have many wonderful binary trans friends both male and female. My girlfriend is pretty darned binary and she's awesome [emoji173]
I have also been excited to see a lot more non binary trans peeps coming out of the closet. So to speak [emoji2]
Life is the perfect adventure isn't it?!? I'm curious to see if and how my gender identity responds to estradiol. Super excited actually. Will keep y'all up on the ins and outs and ups and downs.
Huggies and xoxo
Billie and sometimes Y [emoji173]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Selina

Hey everyone!

I'm a 58 year old male (body) who is very late to the party. I've known since I was 4 or 5 that I loved all things feminine and wished I could live my life as a boy being totally a girl, except for the genitals. I started crossdressing as a teen and have been off and on over the years. Most of my life unfortunately has been spent overcompensating for my feminine thoughts, personality, desires. I have always known there is a woman inside of me crying to be set free from the prison my male side locked her up in. I came close to freeing her 6 years ago but pressure from my wife and fear from my male side won out. Circumstances in my life have caused me to finally set Selina free recently. I started seeing a therapist and she is absolutely wonderful!! I am free to be myself with her and that makes me feel wonderful! If I could live my life anyway I wanted it would be as a male (genetalia wise) presenting as a female fulltime, doing HRT, and getting FFS. I have never had a desire to transition. I have a wonderful wife to consider, a job in a very male dominated, macho industry, and two wonderful teenage daughters. Family, friends, and a lifetime in the same area play a part too. I strongly identify with the non binary folks but still am not completely sure who I am. I look forward to learning from everyone and sharing where my journey leads me. Selina is free and will not be denied anymore!!
  •  

infidel

Hello Friends!

My name is Courtney.
I am 21 and currently in University.
I am genderqueer and go by all pronouns.
I was born female, but always felt very masculine growing up. I am very thankful to have amazingly supportive parents who did not confine my gender expression as a child. When I was younger and learned about transgender and HRT, I considered transitioning FtM but felt that that did not accurately convey my gender. I knew about non-binary during High school, but it wasn't until I got to University that I learned more about genderqueer identity that I felt kin with it.

Sadly puberty had some plans for my body that I did not appreciate. I developed incredibly large breasts. During high school I worked to save up money for a breast reduction after graduation, and my insurance helped me cover it. I am beyond words to explain how much that helped me with my body dysmorphia. Because I understand the massive improvement cosmetic surgeries (and HRT! ) can have for an individual and their self-actualization; I am on track to get an MD/PhD and hopefully work as a reconstructive plastic surgeon who specializes in gender affirming procedures.

•  

Jacqueline

Quote from: Sigmund7 on February 23, 2017, 05:27:05 PM
I found these forums a week or so ago and have been spending my time reading the Crossdressing and Non- Binary sections to decide where I belonged.  For better or for worse, you folk win.

I'm almost 67. happily married and, after years of wondering have finally decided that I am an androgyne.

My story goes back to about 1970.  That was the first time I ever met an openly gay person.  I was not appalled, upset, or even concerned, which was a very positive reaction in1970.  I thought about whether I might be gay and decided I was not, I loved everything about women too much to be gay. 

Fast forward 30 years.  I was the faculty advisor for our campus GLBT student club and began to wonder if trans might be a better identity.  I cross dress on occasion and, for years, shared an underwear drawer with my wife.  That didn't really work either, as I was not unhappy living as a man and felt no gender dysphoria. Still thinking.

Around 2012 I began to wear panties on a regular basis and decided to paint my toenails during the Winter months just because I got a kick out of looking down in the shower and seeing the bright colors.  It's not a sexual thing so much as a statement of identity.  I'm happy in my life, with no gender dysphoria and a good marriage, but I've never felt like a "man".

A while back I discovered the terms "androgyne" and "genderqueer". That was/is me and always was the case. I'm some percent male and some percent female (it varies from day to day) and always have been.  No harm, no foul. 

Hope to learn a lot from those of you who have been here longer.

Sigmund,

Very late but welcome to the site. I'm glad it helped you figure a few things out.

Are you in therapy? Gender therapists help quite a bit in guiding one through the maze that is the trans self discovery.

I also want to share some links with you. They are mostly welcome information and the rules that govern the site. If you have not had a chance to look through them, please take a moment:

Things that you should read

Once again, welcome to Susan's. Look around, ask questions and join in.

With warmth,

Joanna
1st Therapy: February 2015
First Endo visit & HRT StartJanuary 29, 2016
Jacqueline from Joanna July 18, 2017
Full Time June 1, 2018

•  

cinderkaburagi

Hi I'm Cinder. I identify as genderfluid even though I'm on the guy side majority of the time. I found out 2 years ago, but only recently considered doing some transition. I want to to have top surgery and I've already taken the first step by making an appointment with SoCal Kaiser for a "gender orientation" next month. I'm not sure if I want to even take T less much change my legal name. I'm excited for California to have non-binary on driver's license. I've started wearing a They pronoun badge daily too. I write, create designs, and play video games in the little spare time I have because college is such a time suck. If anyone else uses Transgender care for SoCal Kaiser, please tell me your experience. The Transcare coordinator didn't mention much when I contacted them. 
  •  

Tessa James

So i have been traveling for a few weeks and happy to see some new Enbys (NB) folks have made introductions since then.  What a delight to hear of Selina's freedom and journey.

Courtney you know we need you with that MD and FACS in Plastic Surgery, you will have a line up waiting for you!  Way to own your life!

Cinderkaburagi  I think you are in good hands down there in So Cal KP.  I assist KP as a patient rep and suggest they have some fairly well established people and policies in place.  Lemme know OK?

Welcome aboard and thank you for introducing yourselves.  I imagine there are huge numbers of folks who come by and read here but never say hello.  You are part of making a virtual community and can get as connected as you like or need.  See ya around.
  •