Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tessa James

Hey Dalton,

Welcome to Susan's from the Pacific coast of Oregon.  None of us had a say in how someone else identified us at birth.  As we mature and assert our very personal gender identity it can be challenging to the dominant cultural paradigms and stereotypical gender roles.  You and I may be at different places in terms of a gender spectrum but I can certainly relate to not being comfortable with a given label of "boy" or with my given name. 

IDK seems an honest and open place to be on our journeys of self discovery and acceptance.  From here we can learn and grow.  Best of good times to you!
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

upcummingattractions

So, I'm Sarah. I'm 27 years young and really, really sarcastic if I like you, but at the same time, I'm a hopeless romantic and self-proclaimed poet that can't function without my coffee.

Things I like include gaming, reading, writing fanfiction and poetry, sleeping, fangirling, the internet, musicals, anime/manga, and making photo edits.
I've got 99 problems and they're all Alan Cumming.
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: upcummingattractions on November 09, 2017, 06:06:23 AM
So, I'm Sarah. I'm 27 years young and really, really sarcastic if I like you, but at the same time, I'm a hopeless romantic and self-proclaimed poet that can't function without my coffee.

Things I like include gaming, reading, writing fanfiction and poetry, sleeping, fangirling, the internet, musicals, anime/manga, and making photo edits.

Welcome aboard Sarah,  Young and seemingly irrepressible?  Great!  Sounds like you get in a bit of screen time too.  Romance never stops for me either and all of my fantasies work out in dream world.  Sarcasm and teasing are also traits I share but darned if it is a challenge for me not be then be misread as mean and aggressive.  Poking you with a stick is provocative but all i want is all of your love, honest! :angel:  You might check out our Unicorn Forest page here.  poets and thoughtful prose happen on occasion.
Open, out and evolving queer trans person forever with HRT support since March 13, 2013
  •  

upcummingattractions

Quote from: Tessa James on November 09, 2017, 12:34:24 PM
Welcome aboard Sarah,  Young and seemingly irrepressible?  Great!  Sounds like you get in a bit of screen time too.  Romance never stops for me either and all of my fantasies work out in dream world.  Sarcasm and teasing are also traits I share but darned if it is a challenge for me not be then be misread as mean and aggressive.  Poking you with a stick is provocative but all i want is all of your love, honest! :angel:  You might check out our Unicorn Forest page here.  poets and thoughtful prose happen on occasion.

Thank you, Tessa. I forgot to mention in my OP that my greatest love is Alan Cumming, but as I'm doing so now...I guess I don't need to worry too much.
I've got 99 problems and they're all Alan Cumming.
  •  

MrsKing

Hello all!

My name is Christina and I am 29yrs old.

I don't consider myself male or female. I was born with a vagina, but have the brain of a male. I look in the mirror and I don't see what I feel on the inside. I love my vagina but hate my breasts because I see myself more masculine than anything else.I never really thought to give myself a label, or pronoun because either way, I am me. I don't get offended either way, however. The only time I find myself offended by pronouns is when I walk into the women's restroom and someone assumes I am in the wrong bathroom. It's more of the fact that someone thinks I am that stupid that I can't read a sign rather than being called a male.

I have find a local office who does both counseling and hormone replacement therapy. My first appointment is at the end of this month. My goal is to have top surgery and lose these lady hips 😜

I am excited to be part of this forum and learn more about myself and others. I have a terrible time trying to express how I feel through writing so being on this page has definitely helped. 

I am married to my beautiful wife who 100% supports me. From day one she has been my rock and I wouldn't be where I am today without her.
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: MrsKing on November 11, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
Hello all!

I don't consider myself male or female. I was born with a vagina, but have the brain of a male. I look in the mirror and I don't see what I feel on the inside. I love my vagina but hate my breasts because I see myself more masculine than anything else.I never really thought to give myself a label, or pronoun because either way, I am me. I don't get offended either way, however. The only time I find myself offended by pronouns is when I walk into the women's restroom and someone assumes I am in the wrong bathroom. It's more of the fact that someone thinks I am that stupid that I can't read a sign rather than being called a male.

I have find a local office who does both counseling and hormone replacement therapy. My first appointment is at the end of this month. My goal is to have top surgery and lose these lady hips 😜

I am excited to be part of this forum and learn more about myself and others. I have a terrible time trying to express how I feel through writing so being on this page has definitely helped. 

I am married to my beautiful wife who 100% supports me. From day one she has been my rock and I wouldn't be where I am today without her.

Good morning from the Pacific coast.   Welcome to the Place and best bet venue for just what you are describing above.  Learning happens here and a big part of that is sharing our experience in a moderated setting.  Speaking of moderators, one should come along soon for the formal welcome.  Many of us share your perspectives about gender and pronouns even as that can be perplexing to some of our friends here who may be more binary in outlook and goals.

You have an obvious head start and promising future with that clear statement of who you are and who you have in your inner circle of support.  Thank you for saying hello!
  •  

Laurie

Quote from: MrsKing on November 11, 2017, 04:54:48 PM
Hello all!

Hi Christina,

I am Laurie and I am glad you found our site. I see that Tessa left the door open so come on in and get comfy. Welcome to Susan's Place (Hug) We hope you come to like it here and stick around to participate in the topics that interest you and making your own you would like to talk about. We have many good people here that ar active on the site to share with and help you should you need it.
  I myself am MtF but there are lots of things our various groups have in common. One of those is most of us can benefit from the help of a therapist. I am heartened to see you have one you can talk to and the support of your wife. She,btw, is also welcome here as we have a forum for her to talk with other significant others. The are always looking for more SO's to share and meet their own needs.
  As a new user I want to provide you the links to information that can help you get more from the site as well as to our Terms of Service which I hope you will take the time to become more familiar with. The link in red will give you information on when you will be able to upload your avatar picture among other things.

Again welcome Christina.

Laurie

Things that you should read

April 13, 2019 switched to estradiol valerate
December 20, 2018    Referral sent to OHSU Dr Dugi  for vaginoplasty consult
December 10, 2018    Second Letter VA Psychiatric Practical nurse
November 15, 2018    First letter from VA therapist
May 11, 2018 I am Laurie Jeanette Wickwire
May   3, 2018 Submitted name change forms
Aug 26, 2017 another increase in estradiol
Jun  26, 2017 Last day in male attire That's full time I guess
May 20, 2017 doubled estradiol
May 18, 2017 started electrolysis
Dec   4, 2016 Started estradiol and spironolactone

•  

MrsKing

•  

Sol

Hi All,

I have come to Susan's Place after finding it on Dr Google. My GP recommended an online forum for people that are not cis gendered. I was born a women but I have always dressed in male and unisex clothes. I have always had very masculine interests and people know me as the tomboy of the group. I have always hated the way I look due to my very feminine appearance except my height (I am 6'3") and refuse to have photos taken of myself. I have brought up transitioning with my partner a few times as it has been on my mind since I was a child. He has always been very against it until the other day he finally said OK. I took no time in going to my GP and bringing up the desire for T. After lots of really personal questions my GP has agreed with me starting to transition my body to be more androgynous. I don't want to be a man, i want manly features and to lose my feminine appearance.

I enjoy gaming, music, reading, paleontology and botany.

•  

Dena

Welcome to Susan's Place Sol. We are family here so MTF, FTM and non binary freely exchange information. As such you might want to look at the FTM Testosterone discussion for more information. The problem with Testosterone is you don't get to pick and chose what you desire. It happens somewhat in order and you have little control over the final results. While there are others who feel like you, post by Cailan Jerika might be of special interest to you. If there is anything I can help you with, let me know.

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: Sol on November 24, 2017, 08:33:30 PM
Hi All,

I have come to Susan's Place after finding it on Dr Google. My GP recommended an online forum for people that are not cis gendered. I was born a women but I have always dressed in male and unisex clothes. I have always had very masculine interests and people know me as the tomboy of the group. I have always hated the way I look due to my very feminine appearance except my height (I am 6'3") and refuse to have photos taken of myself. I have brought up transitioning with my partner a few times as it has been on my mind since I was a child. He has always been very against it until the other day he finally said OK. I took no time in going to my GP and bringing up the desire for T. After lots of really personal questions my GP has agreed with me starting to transition my body to be more androgynous. I don't want to be a man, i want manly features and to lose my feminine appearance.

I enjoy gaming, music, reading, paleontology and botany.

A warm holiday welcome to you Sol.  A perfectly sunny avatar name or?  You sound like a lot our friends here and the classic narratives may fit less than simply being your true self.  Best of luck here and irl too.
  •  

Finn199

Hi everyone, i'm Andrè, 26, and kinda in the middle of figuring things out. i was born male, but have in later years identified more with the feminine, both in the way i think/feel and how i perceive my body.
i'll be making a dedicated post asking for some advice and input, god knows i need it :P

other than that, i'm a musician, a movie nerd and an introvert, so yeah, hi! :)
  •  

Tessa James

Good morning Finn,

I live near Astoria, OR a real "Finn" town with a helluva Finnish history:)  Welcome to the Place and great opportunities for an introvert to work from the comfort of your keyboard.  Please look around the site and respond as you are motivated.  A moderator will be along soon to give your the official welcome and introduction to the rules of engagement:)

There are thousands of pages and people here that you might click on and with on your personal journey.

All the best you creative soul. :D
  •  

Finn199

Quote from: Tessa James on December 12, 2017, 12:50:01 PM
Good morning Finn,

I live near Astoria, OR a real "Finn" town with a helluva Finnish history:)  Welcome to the Place and great opportunities for an introvert to work from the comfort of your keyboard.  Please look around the site and respond as you are motivated.  A moderator will be along soon to give your the official welcome and introduction to the rules of engagement:)

There are thousands of pages and people here that you might click on and with on your personal journey.

All the best you creative soul. :D

thank you! :)
  •  

Laurie

Hi Andrè

I'm Laurie. I am MtF myself but that sure doesn't stop me from saying hi and saying Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around. I see Tessa has left the door open for you and I hope she has shown you where the coffee and such are so you can feel at home here. I apologize for missing your grand entrance on Tuesday. You shouldn't have been made to wait so long for an official greeting. I'm going to make a guess that Tessa was involved in keep you under the radar and entertaining you personally. She is good at that. (I speak from personal experience) Heck, I hadn't been here long when I found myself at a pride parade holding up one end of a rainbow banner with Tessa holding up the other end!
  Well anyway, I want you to know that we want and need you here and hope you find the help and support  you maybe looking for here.

I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Hugs,
Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

•  

Tessa James

Quote from: Laurie on December 14, 2017, 02:12:41 PM
Hi Andrè

I'm Laurie. I am MtF myself but that sure doesn't stop me from saying hi and saying Welcome To Susan's Place! Come on in and take a good look around. I see Tessa has left the door open for you and I hope she has shown you where the coffee and such are so you can feel at home here. I apologize for missing your grand entrance on Tuesday. You should have been made to wait so long for an official greeting. I'm going to make a guess that Tessa was involved it keep you under the radar and entertaining you personally. She is good at that. (I speak from personal experience) Heck I hadn't been here long when I found myself at a pride parade holding up one end of a rainbow banner with Tessa holding up the other end!
  Well anyway I want you to know that we want and need you here and hope you find the help and support  you maybe looking for here.

I'll add some links and information below that can help you get more out of our site. Please take time to become familiar with them especially the RED one as we are always getting questions that are answered there.

Hugs,
Laurie
Global Moderator
Laurie@susans.org

Oh Laurie,  I so needed that laughter and appreciate you in my life. ;D  How was i to know that picture of us leading the Astoria Pride Parade was going to be on the front page of the daily newspaper?  Yes we can help each other with those coming out doubts....I shall wear slippers rather than the big boot next time ;)
  •  

Laurie

My dear Tessa, I'm glad to help when I can. You already know I cannot tell you no. I shall always remember my first.  ;D >:-)

Hugs,
   Laurie

•  

Devlyn

It's on the first page of Google Images, too.  ;)

Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Tessa James

Quote from: Devlyn Marie on December 14, 2017, 07:35:03 PM
It's on the first page of Google Images, too.  ;)

Hugs, Devlyn

OMG you weren't kidding by much....  reminds me there is no privacy for public events when everybody now carries a camera and video recorder.  Still happy to be Out and Proud on the upper left edge of the continent ;D
  •  

Devlyn

Big brother is watching you. The Devyl does a pretty job of stalking, too!  >:-) :laugh: >:-)  :laugh: >:-)
  •