News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuttle

Quote from: Pica Pica on December 11, 2011, 02:10:06 AM
Welcome Buttle, I don't know about help, but we can natter along with you.

Another Brazil fan!
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

ril

I'm MTF (hormones, surgeries, everything) but my presentation tends to lean on the butch side. I tend not to get too worked up about pronouns and whatnot, nor am I very interested in gender theory or politics - I mostly just wish the whole concept of gender would leave me alone. And mostly it does.

Nice to meet y'all :)
  •  

espo

Hi ril, welcome. You sound like someone who will fit in here nicely. I like your outlook on the gender thing, very cool if we could live outside it and no one would think thats odd. Although I would love to be one or the other, wholly, completely, inside and out (so to speak) but meh ... maybe in my next life.
  •  

Nemo

Yet again I'm late to the party, but oh well - like some others, I've been around this forum before, but given the way I've been feeling sometimes, I don't spend nearly enough time in these parts.

I'm the male version of Padma, really - born female, know my body needs to be male, but inside I don't really feel particularly male or female. I'm a good mix of both - I have manly days, I have girly days, but life's working much better as a girly man than as a manly girl :P Best label to use (since society insists on the damn things) is gender-fluid. GQ works too. In fact that's what took me so long to realise I needed to transition in the first place; my gender boundaries are non-existent, how do you know you're not really a girl if you don't know what being a boy or girl really is?

New blog in progress - when I conquer my writer's block :P
  •  

Sevan

Welcome Nemo! Pull up a mossy rock or perhaps a nice log. Maybe some warm soft grass suits you? (We're in the Unicorn forest...hence my suggestions for seating...lol)
I'm also the spouse to the fabulous Mrs. Cynthialee.

•  

caseyyy

Hi Nemo! :) I'd say we're pretty similar...I do think my body should be male, though my gender identity is kind of null. I'm not necessarily a 'girly man', I just don't see myself as a genderable person. Just a sexed one.
  •  

BlueSloth

Hi

I like this unicorn forest thing.  I think I'll find a nice tree and live in it :)

I just spent 30 years thinking I had to pretend to conform to a binary gender.  I feel free now, and I love it!  I'm not sure where exactly I am on the gender spectrum, but the important thing is I want to be myself, whatever I am.

The gender specific pronouns people use on me never really felt right.  When I go to some formal thing like a wedding and have to dress up, the highly gendered clothes I end up wearing always make me feel like I'm cosplaying or something.  LOL.  I don't particularly like the secondary sex characteristics on my body (although I don't think I'd be willing to have anything done surgically).

I still haven't put much thought into pronouns.  I think anything gender neutral will make me happy (with the possible exception of "it").

Like I said in my post in the main Introductions section, I'll figure my physical sex will eventually become relevant in a conversation and I'll reveal it, but for now I won't.  I know you won't identify me by it, but still...  it's a refreshing change being known only my my mind, and I'm liking it :)

EDIT:  Never mind... I'm physically male.  It's not worth hiding that here :)

Hmm..  from what I've said so far I seem like a pretty generic androygyne.. so...  I just got a degree in physics, I play piano and bass, and I'm what's known as "ginger".. although I didn't know that until recently because where I live that terminology isn't used much.  So..  you still don't know me well, but it's a start :)
  •  

espo

Welcome, I hope you have fun while you're here. We don't take ourselves to serious although we can be serious and feel free to derail threads aa needed  lol
  •  

Shantel

I am genetic male and present that way for the most part. My name here is my preferred nom de plume. There was a time several years ago that I was transitioning M2F, had orchiectomy, spent years on female HRT. Suddenly one day after i was called ma'am one time too many, I went home and threw my diamond ear piercings in the jewelry box and had my spouse give me a buzz cut. I quit HRT for two years and got sick. A human being needs a hormonal base and with that gone it became evident that my thyroid had almost flatlined. I found help from a smart naturopathic doctor who put me on a thyroid booster and back on female HRT. I do a couple of hours at the fitness center five days a week, 40 minutes cardio and the rest doing lots or reps with light weight for toning. I am six-pac fit and 5' 7" and keep the C sized boobs anchored down with light compression bras so I don't make such a big statement in male mode. Yes, I know some would say I must be a nut case but I'm happy and take responsibility for my own decisions and don't have any regrets. Have a nice relationship in progress, love my woman!
  •  

eli77

I've been on this forum for a while, but I've never trespassed into your forest very often. I have a couple of times recently though, so I thought I'd say "hi."

So, hi! :)

I suppose I'm non-binary in a sense, but well... I'm basically the mirror of this:

Quote from: Caseyyy on December 27, 2011, 11:33:55 PM
I do think my body should be male, though my gender identity is kind of null. I'm not necessarily a 'girly man', I just don't see myself as a genderable person. Just a sexed one.

I was assigned male at birth, but my sex is female and I'm transitioning to fix my body. I go with she/her/girl/woman/whatever 'cause it's simpler, and that's how society explains people who have the kind of body I have. But truthfully, I don't really do gender. I can see and understand the social and cultural norms, the biological differences... but when people start talking about how they feel as a man or a woman or an androgyne or whatever, I'm lost. That thing inside your head that is supposed to tell you what gender you are, I don't think I have it.

Drives me a little nuts sometimes how gender-obsessed my world is. I don't particularly enjoy having every little thing I do or say or think or wear being classified by a system that I don't even really respect. But mostly I can ignore it like so much white noise.

I tend to describe myself as a tomboy. Kind of simplifies how I see things. Female, but not really obedient to gender of any kind.
  •  

Z7Z

Hey, I'm Z7Z. I used to identify as FtM, mostly because it's easier to explain to people that I'm a guy who happened to be born with a physically female body, than to explain that I'm not really one gender or the other but that I feel much more comfortable with a more masculine body. Most of the time I feel like I'm on the masculine side of things, sometimes I feel a bit feminine, and sometimes I feel both feminine and masculine, other times neither. I wouldn't consider myself to be "two-spirit", simply because the masculine side of me (if you can call it a "side") is much stronger than the feminine side.

As for pronouns, "he" is ok, doesn't bother me, but I prefer "zie". I haven't gotten my name legally changed yet, but that's actually a good thing since I'm thinking a more gender-neutral name would suit me better than being Shane. Any suggestions on what my name should be are welcome :)
  •  

v

I seem to be lost for no apparent reason. The last time I was here, I thought I was Ativan. I must have been mistaken.
Does any of this sound familiar to anyone who could be famous in their own rights?
I know that this Ativan person exists, because I am Ativan in other places, I just don't seem to be here.
Another rabbit hole, I suppose.
Ativan
  •  

ativan

Haha, The staff found me! I have my account back, but there seems to be restrictions on it still.  :police:

Anyways, Hi everyone! Things have changed over the recent months, so I feel like a new person here, again.  :)

Ativan
  •  

Julian

Ativan's back!!!

Good to see ya. :)
  •  

ativan

Thank You! I lost you out there at another place. So Happy to Hear from you!  :)

Ativan
  •  

caseyyy

•  

ativan

Thanks! Nice to here from people and to see some familiar people.
Ativan
  •  

Constance

ativan

Thanks! What a change from where I have been! Hard to get used to it.
Ativan
  •