Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex11003131

???

Hey, my birth names Michael, but I sometimes like to use the name Alex in my head, alot more recently too

I've really no idea what I am, I know I'm not female, but i'm now 80% sure i'm not male either, somedays I dont really notice it, but otherdays (like today) I'll just be sitting there on the bus, and, I dunno, something just feels different in me, I wont feel male, i'll look at my reflection and see neither male nor female and just think "damn, this feels >-bleeped-<ing good"
I've even been finding ways to look like i'm andro as well, looking in the mirror and finding hats, hoodies and shirts that hide the fact i'm born a guy

Maybe I am andro, a friend suggestest it today, I'm just really confused at the moment, guess i'm looking for support, I've felt like this for, well, ages, but its only been the past year that I've kinda paid attention to it, but its only been the past few weeks I've tried to work it out...

Ok so a bit more about me, I'm 18, I'm doing art and design at Perth College (scotland) and I'm head of the LGBT society of my college, I have a boyfriend, who doesn't really know about my gender confusion yet...
I've got alot of homophobia to deal with, but I fight it with all i've got because I believe in equality, I support all people under the LGBT umbrella, I love you all :) <3
  •  

Melanie Anne

Hi, I just registered here a few hours ago and posted an introduction in the main forum. So now to try to introduce myself here without repeating everything...

Well I spent my whole life knowing something was different but not exactly sure what. A few months ago I found information on Gilmartin's "love shy male" and "male lesbian" and that sent me on a whirlwind of research. I began to identify as MTF, but realized a few weeks ago that I didn't feel completely female and I didn't want to totally forsake my male side. That's when I started reading in this forum more and more. I have found such a sense of peace since reading a lot of your posts and I am sure I land somewhere between the two genders on the spectrum (I've also taken the COGIATI test and land in the androgynous range, although I don't feel a test can tell me who I am).

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do with this information, but all of you in this forum have been a great help so far and I look forward to getting to know you better.
  •  

Pica Pica

'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Pica Pica on February 29, 2012, 11:47:30 AM
Well, enjoy exploring.

I'm no fashion expert, but you appear to be wearing a smoking jacket in your current avatar photo.

Very debonair.
  •  

ativan

Welcome to the forest!. Nice to know your here.

Ativan

(Love the attire, Pica! You are so alright  :) )
  •  

Melanie Anne

Thanks everyone.

Ativan - I love how you and others refer to this as the "Unicorn Forrest". I feel so at home reading all the different posts around here. You're all a little crazy which leads me to think I'll fit right in. :)
  •  

Pica Pica

I am wearing a smoking jacket, and posing by an artworx. This is to fool people into thinking that I am sophistimacated.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Melanie Anne

I like the pose - like your gazing far off in some meaningful way...

Or is there just a spider on your ceiling somewhere?
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Pica Pica on March 02, 2012, 12:55:35 AM
I am wearing a smoking jacket, and posing by an artworx. This is to fool people into thinking that I am sophistimacated.
I am extremely gullible, so you got me there Pica Pica!
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Pica Pica on March 02, 2012, 12:55:35 AM

I've always considered you sophistimacated.
  •  

Shang

:3 Not new, but introducing myself on here because it's only a recent conclusion in the last year or so.

I'm Lynn Gabriel (Gabriel, Arawn, etc.).  I'm 23 and female bodied.  I first thought FtM, but I never really knew mch about any other genders.  I feel as if I'm a nice mixture of both genders with either a leaning towards feminine male or masculine female depending on my mood.  I don't dress that way, though.  I dress like a fashionable female most of the time due to the job that I'm going to.  It's also hard to find clothes (feminine, masculine, or neither) that fit properly.

I guess that's about it. xD
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Lynn Gabriel on March 08, 2012, 04:17:29 PM
:3 Not new, but introducing myself on here because it's only a recent conclusion in the last year or so.

I'm Lynn Gabriel (Gabriel, Arawn, etc.).  I'm 23 and female bodied.  I first thought FtM, but I never really knew mch about any other genders.  I feel as if I'm a nice mixture of both genders with either a leaning towards feminine male or masculine female depending on my mood.  I don't dress that way, though.  I dress like a fashionable female most of the time due to the job that I'm going to.  It's also hard to find clothes (feminine, masculine, or neither) that fit properly.

I guess that's about it. xD

You're in good company Lynn, welcome to the extended family!
  •  

BlueSloth

Hi Arawn... Lynn.. whatever..  welcome to the unicorn forest.  You can visit my tree any time :3
  •  

ativan

Yep, you're a familiar face around here to me. I got a tree house with a rope swing. The stairway is always open.
  •  

Shang

@ Shantel:  Thank you! :3

@ BlueSloth:  I'm so happy you made it here. x3

@ Ativan:  Sweet.  Tree houses rock.
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: Ativan on March 08, 2012, 07:07:06 PM
Yep, you're a familiar face around here to me. I got a tree house with a rope swing. The stairway is always open.

I love rope swings.
  •  

confused_one

Heyy, I'm Jamie (thankfully androgynous).  22, and seen as a gay guy - haven't really talked to anyone about the whole gender thing. 

I'm kinda still finding my way but I'm probably inbetween the two genders, I don't like being viewed as a male but on the other hand I don't have any want to transition - just well, yeah. Femininity is more my thing.  Still unsure as to where to place myself but hopefully I will find somewhere I can fit in, if not maybe create my own little spot (wishful thinking probably lol). 

I'm at University, in my second year in Birmingham, UK.  Studying Psychology, ironic much?

Other than that, umm, Hey :)
  •  

Shantel

Welcome, you're at the right place and have lots of company here!
  •  

confused_one

•  

Jamie D

Quote from: confused_one on March 27, 2012, 01:31:05 PM
Heyy, I'm Jamie (thankfully androgynous).  22, and seen as a gay guy - haven't really talked to anyone about the whole gender thing. 

I'm kinda still finding my way but I'm probably inbetween the two genders, I don't like being viewed as a male but on the other hand I don't have any want to transition - just well, yeah. Femininity is more my thing.  Still unsure as to where to place myself but hopefully I will find somewhere I can fit in, if not maybe create my own little spot (wishful thinking probably lol). 

I'm at University, in my second year in Birmingham, UK.  Studying Psychology, ironic much?

Other than that, umm, Hey :)

Another "Jamie"!!!
Hooray!

We should start our own club.
  •