Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Non-Binary Introductions

Started by ativan, October 20, 2011, 04:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suzifrommd

Quote from: Justin 21 on April 30, 2012, 03:37:26 AM
hi my name is Justin unless you look at my birth certificate, biologically i am female, but since i was a kid i didn't want to be a girl, originally this lead me to think i was ftm but after skulking around this site i feel this suites me better :)

Welcome Justin, from someone who just joined myself.

I had the opposite experience. Born male, felt I kept my female side under wraps for decades because I knew I wasn't MtF. Only a few weeks ago did I come across this group and it finally dawned that the world is made up of more than just males, females and transitioners.

I don't need to "transition" I can just be me! Wow.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

StarPixie

i'm 25 and new to this forum

i consider myself neither male or female, more like in between, i like girls and i like having sex with guys too, on the personality aspect i don't fit the standard guy or the standard girl, but a mix of both and a mixture of an old personality too.

i have never taken hormones, my body is not so masculine but not so feminine, it is slender and certain parts have the girl shape, like the hips, but i still have to shave and get rid of the unwanted body hair from time to time.

it is very uncomfortable for me to have masculine traits, it bother's my mind, and i have been considering doing electrolysis on my face to remove my facial hair as much as it can be

i have also been considering taking some herbal hormones, i heard they are very light, that is why i would like to consider it, but i am not experienced in hormone taking, so i must take your advise

What i want is a cocktel of herbal hormones which is light, which can reduce testosterone significantly and increase estrogen lighty, lightly because i don't want breast growth at this point, i only want to enhance what i am so i feel better day to day

Thank you and Hi to everyone  :angel:
;)
  •  

aleon515

Hi new people (and not new people),

I'm new here too. In fact, never knew what was going on, but I think this part of the forum fits me. I have had a very confusing few months as I've come to figure out that this is what is going on. I never had a name for it before. I suppose I am FtA. I have always had some body dysphoria, but just thought, "well this is really strange". I haven't figured out what I am going to do about it. I ordered a binder and am getting a haircut, but I don't think that is really going to solve anything. I have been doing some reading and watching "genderqueer chat" on youtube, which is really a neat channel.

Anyway, glad to be here and "talk". I told one friend who thankfully has been very supportive and not weirded out at all, though I haven't told her the binder part.

--Jay Jay
  •  

Justin 21

Quote from: aleon515 on May 02, 2012, 08:37:44 PM

I'm new here too. In fact, never knew what was going on, but I think this part of the forum fits me. I have had a very confusing few months as I've come to figure out that this is what is going on. I never had a name for it before. I suppose I am FtA. I have always had some body dysphoria, but just thought, "well this is really strange". I haven't figured out what I am going to do about it. I ordered a binder and am getting a haircut, but I don't think that is really going to solve anything. I have been doing some reading and watching "genderqueer chat" on youtube, which is really a neat channel.

Anyway, glad to be here and "talk". I told one friend who thankfully has been very supportive and not weirded out at all, though I haven't told her the binder part.

--Jay Jay

hi i'm pretty much in the same boat as you and if you need to talk go for it, you'll be surprised at how little changes can make you feel  :)
  •  

Jamie D

Quote from: aleon515 on May 02, 2012, 08:37:44 PM

--Jay Jay

Jay Jay, don't worry about labels!  Keep reading, interacting, and discussing.  Welcome!  :)
  •  

Carbon

I'm sort of back if anyone remembers me. I chickened out HRT therapy and have been regretting it, but I'm trying to get things going again. I'm still not sure what label I want but I guess I can take things one step at a time.
  •  

MiaOhMya!

Hey Carbon, it ain't chicken to give oneself some time to think. These are big decisions!  Oh and Hi!  ;D
  •  

Carbon

Quote from: MiaOhMya! on May 03, 2012, 12:09:51 AM
Hey Carbon, it ain't chicken to give oneself some time to think. These are big decisions!  Oh and Hi!  ;D

Hi!

It's chicken to back when you know what you want but are scared of changes, admitting what you want to yourself, and other people's reactions. But I know I'm not the first to do it.
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: Carbon on May 02, 2012, 11:53:24 PM
I'm sort of back if anyone remembers me. I chickened out HRT therapy and have been regretting it, but I'm trying to get things going again. I'm still not sure what label I want but I guess I can take things one step at a time.

You're not a chicken, I did the same out of age and family considerations, I do prefer the tidy look of the female genitalia although I never hated the "little fella" as some do and it still fits my relationship needs.
  •  

Carbon

you all need to quit challenging my chicken identity

just kidding, but I really did just get scared and was trying to pretend I had never talked to anyone about it. I was thinking "when I finish with school I can move away and no one will know, so it will be like it didn't happen." now I've been having a hard time because of that.
  •  

aleon515

Quote from: Jamie D on May 02, 2012, 11:32:41 PM
Jay Jay, don't worry about labels!  Keep reading, interacting, and discussing.  Welcome!  :)

Jamie (and boy do I love that name!!) I think perhaps (since it is hard to show that via posts) that I am not quite as worried about the labels as maybe I give the impression of. After all were it not for words, doubt I would know what was going on.

BTW, to the person who thinks they are chicken. GOOD for you! I think it is wise to not rush into anything, though one can change their mind and stop. NOt sure what exactly is reversible and what is not.

--Jay Jay
now go to bed me. :-)
  •  

Carbon

just talking to someone wouldn't have been rushing into things though.  :-\ my understanding is that they normally make you wait 3 months before HRT anyway.

I guess what I might have really needed more time for was being able to add another variable into my life, though. It's another thing to worry about.
  •  

ativan

@Carbon:  Chicken would be if you boasted that you are going to do something and then didn't. At all. A smart person walks up to the edge and looks over it. Considers all the immediate possible dangers and steps back to make a plan on how to successfully make the leap. Practice that leap, in their minds, making alternate plans for possible unseen problems. Then stepping up to the edge, and making the final decision of whether it is worth the risks. It's not about taking the step, it's about making the plans and the decisions that go with them.

You just go ahead at the pace you want to, it is your decision and yours alone. You do it for yourself. Don't let anyone talk you into doing anything else. Remember that most people would never consider thinking about it, let alone consider doing it.
It could very well be the biggest decision you may have to make. It's about more than the risks, it's about the end result of whether you decide to step or not to.

Be very careful to not become what you read, but keep in mind that you are also not alone in your need to become whoever you are to eventually be.

Take the time you need to do what is right for you. It's not a matter of faith or believing what you may hear, its a decision that you need to qualify the information and make the best possible decision.

Ativan
  •  

Carbon

I definitely agree with the taking things at my own pace and I appreciate that... I definitely think many transgender people get forced into giving up parts of themselves that they don't want to give up because it is presented as an "all or nothing" thing. At the same time I guess the stuff directed at me just now is bothering me some because there is so much social force to not do anything and I am just not happy.

I've pretty much totally ruined the end of my classes (although they may accept this as a medical excuse and let me make some things up) and I seriously seriously was wanting to attack myself. The only reason I didn't is because I know what they do to people like that, but the idea of feeling like that more often is scary. so like, just ignoring it, pretending it doesn't exist... that is not a solution for me and practically speaking it would be just as big a decision for me for me to be making, especially since it seems to get worse and worse as time goes on.

I try to show a positive face because I really do feel so lucky to be alive and free but this stuff is still going on.
  •  

ativan

Get the information to taking the first steps, then. The low does you may decide to go for are very reversible during the first months to possibly a year. Maybe just a very lose dose of Spiro will give you an idea if decrease effects of testosterone is what you want. It doesn't take away the testosterone, it just blocks the receptors and only in full transition doses will the effects become irreversible after months or possibly longer. I was on a transition dose, freaked and backed down to very low maintenance after initially stopping for a week or so.

Now I'm in the middle of the dosage I was taking and the results feel right for me. Again, YMMV. It's what ever you want. I have found the effects of testosterone blocked is very much a soothing kind of thing. The underlying rage and surface anger are far more under control than with out Spiro. The side effects, the physical ones are negligible. But the T to E ratio works for me. I'm trying to decide on E, have been for 6 months now. I would expect some physical changes to take place. Am I ready for that? Probably. But, I have a genuine F you narcissistic personality that doesn't give a crap what others may think. To paraphrase Joan Jett, I don't give a damn about my reputation.

I just don't know if the benefits fit me as well I would hope they do. But, (there is always a but it seems) I know from many others experience that the inner peace is substantial. That's important. Having feminizing effects does nothing if you are not in a mental state to use and take care of them.

It's about you, not what others think or percieve you to be. Myself, I think screw'm. Let them get their own life. They probably need one, and when you have one and they don't, you're either right or wrong. Either observation from the peanut crowd means nothing. You do. You are who you are, you can stay the same or find out if you can be better. Make the decision. Take the time you need, but sooner or later, you'l need to make that decision.

My split personality of Non-Binary:
Keep on takin' your medication,
Lock that temper behind those pills
Your brain is fryin' insanely flyin'
Just remember it's bad to kill

I go with a psycho, I go with a psycho

Stop your growlin', no more prowlin'
Leave those cars and people alone
You're an animal, a human cannibal
Snarlin' and a snappin' like a dog on a bone

You terrify the neighbours when you scream and shout
You look like it's contagious, you're foaming at the mouth
You're a freakin' nightmare when you're lying in my bed
You sleep with eyes wide open, like the livin' dead

Ativan
  •  

Carbon

I know a ton about the effects of the hormones honestly. :-\ I've been reading about various ways of decreasing testerone for probably the last 6 or so years (I was less sure about the estrogen and I definitely would want to start with a low dose and go from there, although I like the idea the more I get used to it). So glad things are going well for you, though, and I hope you keep figuring things out.
  •  

no-time-to-panic

This is the place for introductions, yes?

Well, hello everyone,

I created an account a while back, but I've only recently decided to use it. I've been struggling with gender identity for almost half a year now. I've always been "other" when it came to gender, even before I knew that was a real option. (It was just how I thought of myself as a kid.) When someone told me about non-binary genders, I felt a wave of calm and happiness -- like the click of finishing a puzzle. Still, I would constantly worry that, perhaps, I'm deluding myself and will come to regret the decision (I even criticized memories, since they're often influenced by present thinking). I tossed and contorted any evidence I could find against me to try to prove to myself that I was cisgendered, else I attacked myself with exaggerated fears of future situations and would show myself the worst possible view of the community I could find (for me, that was the horde of adolescents claiming to be genderqueer on tumblr) Now, I'm finally tired of putting up with the torments of my nitpicking mind. I just want to admit to myself that I'm non-binary and that's okay. I don't know why I feel shame or frustration towards myself for it. I know you can't exactly choose who you are, but you can suppress it and try to adjust. But is that really worth it? What am I even so deathly afraid of!?

Sorry, for the melodrama. I was never a fan of melodrama, but when you hold things in for so long, they tend to spew out uncontrollably.

Anyway, this is an awful first impression.

Hello, I like David Bowie and Cubism; my favorite time period is the 1910s; and I am a ghastly cook. Pleasure to meet you. Kindly ignore most of the first paragraph.
  •  

BlueSloth

Quote from: no-time-to-panic on May 05, 2012, 12:00:22 AM
Anyway, this is an awful first impression.
No it's not.  It's a first impression I can relate to.

Hi *waves*
  •  

suzifrommd

Quote from: no-time-to-panic on May 05, 2012, 12:00:22 AM
I know you can't exactly choose who you are, but you can suppress it and try to adjust. But is that really worth it? What am I even so deathly afraid of!?

Sorry, for the melodrama. I was never a fan of melodrama, but when you hold things in for so long, they tend to spew out uncontrollably.

Welcome no-time.

Luckily we can all choose what "not suppressing who we are" means to us. For some it will mean taking hormones, radically altering our appearance, etc. For other it might just mean letting nuances of our personality show that we used to think had to stay hidden.

Not only are we each allowed to decide exactly that that means, but we're also allowed to change our minds at any time!

Being non-binary may be how we're born, but we do get to choose exactly that that means to us and how we express it.
Have you read my short story The Eve of Triumph?
  •  

ativan

@ nttp: We all go through this, have gone through this and will go through all of this again at some time or another.
Not perfectly normal, maybe, but we will or have or will again. It's the uncertainty of something as outlandish as....
OMG! Non-Binary! The World won't understand and neither do I!, syndrome or whatever you want to call it. The uncertainty caused by no clear cut answer to any and all the questions that come with it.

Your first impression is one of the best I personally have seen here in the couple years I have spent pissing people off around here. Good job! I think it's a classic. It's all true, all that, is the (more or less) way it goes for most everyone here. For Transsexuals, not so much. They seem to have a different view of how this manifests itself in them. That being said, I think if anyone should stick around and find out the rest of what will become your story, it's you.

Most welcome and I personally am looking forward to your posts.
My first advice is to be careful that you don't become what you read. It is just some of the many personal viewpoints and opinions of others. You should always keep in mind that you are different, as we all are different from each other in many regards. But, that is precisely what holds us together as a group. All terms and labels have multiple meanings and are simply opinions and guidelines (if you prefer), that many hold loosely in common.

Also keep in mind that the threads may drift away into other nonsensical subjects without notice. (this doesn't seem to be happening as much lately, but it's a result of to much seriousness going on. We should never take ourselves and the world this serious, it's detrimental to ourselves. To much seriousness takes the fun out of being non-binary.)

Join in, have fun, and find out that being non-binary isn't the end of anything, it is the beginning of a new and better you.

Ativan

•