Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

Shouldn';t this section be more full?

Started by Mahsa Tezani, October 21, 2011, 01:36:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahsa Tezani

I can't help but feel that there should be more discussions about makeup...discuss.
  •  

pretty

That is what I thought too... I don't understand why it is so empty when makeup is so helpful.

...Not that I have much to contribute, young and closeted as I am right now  :(
  •  

Mahsa Tezani

Quote from: pretty on October 21, 2011, 01:42:45 AM
That is what I thought too... I don't understand why it is so empty when makeup is so helpful.

...Not that I have much to contribute, young and closeted as I am right now  :(

Meh. Regardless of your situation...you actually are into makeup and style. Makeup makes such a big difference and they ignore it here.
  •  

~RoadToTrista~

Mmm, it would be easier just to talk to my friends about it. I don't picture myself with a lot of make up anyway.
  •  

Heavenlywind

You would think that this section would be more full. But as we all know theres lots of videos and tutorials around. Or maybe some don't use that much to find this section useful.

•  

fionabell

I wouldn't leave the house without makeup. maybe we can post youtube how tos. There is a lot of good ones out there
  •  

fuschia

I don't really like makeup. (Yes I know everyone's probably like  :o) but I like just looking natural, makeup makes my face feel icky hehe. It's fun to wear on special occasions but not every day for me.
  •  

Felix

I don't like wearing makeup but I'm really fetishy about having it applied. Somebody should come over and put makeup on me. I'd be ever so grateful. ;D
everybody's house is haunted
  •  

lilacwoman

light amount is essential for me and I especially need thicker foundation on lips, jaw area where the electrolysis burns scar me up constantly.

takes me about 10 minutes.

foundation, eyebrow pencil, dark eye shadow, light eyesocket powder, face powder, blusher, lipstick.    Mascara when I feel the need to compete with GGs.

I seem to have gone off all the favourite lipstick colours and can't settle on new ones so I seem to be buying at least one a week at the moment.

The girls at the hair/electro salon use enough to look nice with the gorgeous young one with the mass of blonde hair does the covergirl look.
Very few of the nurses or staff at the hospital use much apart from mascara and eye shadow and liner.
Around town during the day very few women use much and in the shops the makeup aisles are empty during the week and only get busy on Saturdays.
Nights out and lots of teen girls don't bother with anything apart from the eyes while over 25s do like to go for a traditional full face coverage.

Having had an oily skin all my life I'm not happy with creams and moisturisers and luckily hormones took the oilyness away so my makeup  stays nice all day if need be.  14 hour days by train to see surgeon for followups only needs lipstick redoing.

I get my makeup at store in town after trying The Avon Lady and getting fed up of having to schedule my days to be home when she called and also being disappointed with some of the colours and feel of some of the products.

I also tried another mail order company with all natural eco products but wasn't impressed with them and the post and packing was quite high so now I use the store just across road from busstop.
  •  

lilacwoman

there was a program on telly recently with Julie Bindel trying maekup for first time at age 50 or so and being quite pleased with it.   

She's one of the typical transphobic lesbians who for many years has been spewing out 'trannie-bashing' articles for whatever paper/magazine will publish them and also tries to get onto discussion committees and panels to discuss 'the transexual experience' with breathtaking hypocrisy as obviously she cannot know what TS experience.

Bindel's butch lifestyle over many years had produced the masculinizing of her face so the effect achieved by the makeup girl was actually quite similarly to what typical older CD/TVs achieve on nights out.
  •  

V M

When I was first starting to do make up for myself I was all into it  :)  Excitedly trying different looks and experimenting, it was great fun and if I were going out to clubs, on dates or even still playing in bands maybe I still would be

But now I live in a rather conservative boring little town/city and there are no clubs or anything... There isn't much point in getting made up

I wear a little make up sometimes, but it is rather subdued basic stuff that is hardly noticeable

It would be nice to live somewhere I could get all made up and maybe even perform some again
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •