Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

A way to shrink your feet?

Started by Katylilgirl, October 23, 2011, 07:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie Nicole

zappos is a good site for purchasing larger sizes....I think they carry up to size 11 or 12 with a good selection
  •  

Saira128

Love ,
          Saira :-*
  •  

thewitchoforigins

Quote from: Saira128 on February 19, 2017, 10:02:39 AM
Thanks...The sizes in nordstrom ...are they uk sizes or us?
US sizing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

Saira128

I'm unable to find size 15 on Nordstrom
Love ,
  •  

thewitchoforigins

Quote from: Saira128 on February 19, 2017, 10:30:21 AM
I'm unable to find size 15 on Nordstrom
Hm... id try one of the other sites listed, especially long tall sally. long tall sally has shoes that are around the same price as nordstroms but in a size 15

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  •  

cass74

Remember that a UK 9 is a US size 13, which is definitely not easy to find here in the UK. Even on Zappos.com, the selection in US13 is vastly smaller than the selection in US11.

I'm a size 10/11 UK, which translates to a US14 or larger. Finding nice shoes is very difficult, especially if you want stylis, flattish shoes and boots. High heels are much easier to find, but for the most part they tend to be PVC ">-bleeped-<shoes (TM)" and not the sort of thing I could ever wear to the office.

I've recently bought a few pairs of shoes from laredoute.co.uk who carry some fairly fashionable designs in my size and larger! I decided to order several pairs, since they are holding a 40% off sale.

I am also investigating foot reduction surgery. I have a colleague who is 6'4" and has size 6 feet, and he doesn't look disproportionate at all, so that's nonsense. I've contacted a foot surgeon on the US and we're discussing the possibility of calcaneus width and rearward projection reduction, which would take me down around a size or two alone, and then shortening of the metatarsals by about half an inch. In total I could expect a reduction of about 3-4 sizes down, so that would make me a US 10-11 and that would be just fine. Obviously we'd have to do one foot at a time otherwise I would be immobile during my recovery. As someone who has adored shoes since her youngest memories, and someone who works in a very formal business environment, it's important for me to be able to dress stylishly and fashionably, and that includes my shoes.

I'm hoping not to get any bashing about my surgery plans. My choices and motivations are my own.
  •  

VeronicaLynn

I wear women's size 12 wide US.

Payless has a fairly good selection, though I think they only go up to 13.
They are one of the few stores that carry larger sizes. Most US retailers don't carry larger than size 11. Occasionally there are some at stores like Marshall's and Ross.

My biggest problem is that I also have wide feet. Some size 12 regular width work OK but others don't, depends on the style. Not sure that surgery would help me much, I'd assume my feet would still be as wide, but shorter.

How expensive is a surgery like this going to be? I'm sure it would cost enough to buy at least a closet full of shoes. I think I'll take the shoes instead, even if they are hard to find, but I've always loved shopping. It's kind of better that shoes my size are hard to find, I have a hard enough time finding somewhere to put all the ones I currently have(I'm still presentationally fluid, and also have way more men's shoes than any man I've ever known.)
  •  

staciM

Veronica, it sounds like we have similar sized feet, perhaps I'm slightly shorter by a smidge...usually 11W.

Class,  I'm not judging you at all, we all have our body elements that bother us.  There are many people that do FFS and that isn't typically frowned upon.  My biggest worry would be not healing properly and losing my ability to walk or having slightly deformed feet that really hinders wearing the cute shoes that was  the whole purpose of the surgery in the first place.  Feet are quite complicated.  I've had a simple  Plantar fasciitis that was a horrible experience to overcome, I can't imagine one or both of these surgeries.
- Staci -
  •  

Dena

Quote from: cass74 on April 04, 2017, 09:08:24 AM
Remember that a UK 9 is a US size 13, which is definitely not easy to find here in the UK. Even on Zappos.com, the selection in US13 is vastly smaller than the selection in US11.

I'm a size 10/11 UK, which translates to a US14 or larger. Finding nice shoes is very difficult, especially if you want stylis, flattish shoes and boots. High heels are much easier to find, but for the most part they tend to be PVC ">-bleeped-<shoes (TM)" and not the sort of thing I could ever wear to the office.

I've recently bought a few pairs of shoes from laredoute.co.uk who carry some fairly fashionable designs in my size and larger! I decided to order several pairs, since they are holding a 40% off sale.

I am also investigating foot reduction surgery. I have a colleague who is 6'4" and has size 6 feet, and he doesn't look disproportionate at all, so that's nonsense. I've contacted a foot surgeon on the US and we're discussing the possibility of calcaneus width and rearward projection reduction, which would take me down around a size or two alone, and then shortening of the metatarsals by about half an inch. In total I could expect a reduction of about 3-4 sizes down, so that would make me a US 10-11 and that would be just fine. Obviously we'd have to do one foot at a time otherwise I would be immobile during my recovery. As someone who has adored shoes since her youngest memories, and someone who works in a very formal business environment, it's important for me to be able to dress stylishly and fashionably, and that includes my shoes.

I'm hoping not to get any bashing about my surgery plans. My choices and motivations are my own.
Welcome to Susan's Place. I wear size US 13 and over the years I have obtained shoes from several sources. Because I stopped doing a formal office about 10 years ago some of my sources have dried up but there is one place you should look if you haven't. Long Tall Sally has a fairly good collection and they ship out of the UK as well as the US. They are a bit on the expensive side but the only thing that keeps me from buying more is that I rarely have a place to wear them. Most of the places I go now require tennis shoes.

We issue to all new members the following links so you will best be able to use the web site.

Things that you should read

Rebirth Date 1982 - PMs are welcome - Use [email]dena@susans.org[/email] or Discord if your unable to PM - Skype is available - My Transition
If you are helped by this site, consider leaving a tip in the jar at the bottom of the page or become a subscriber
  •  

Dani

No one else has mentioned toe shortening. It is generally safe to shorten the second or third toes, if they are longer than the great toe. However, the length from the great toe to the heel determines the shoe size.

Shortening the great toe is not usually done because it is needed for balance and walking.

If you want to investigate further, just google "toe shortening"

A size 9 is nothing to be concerned about. I wear a size 14 women's and I shop from Long Tall Sally.

•  

Saira128

My foot size is uk size 12. My heel to toe is 29.5 cm long. I'm scared that I won't find shoes my size.
Love ,
  •  

KayXo

I was lucky, I wear size 7.5-8. My dad has small feet and my mom even smaller feet, around 6-6.5.
I am not a medical doctor, nor a scientist - opinions expressed by me on the subject of HRT are merely based on my own review of some of the scientific literature over the last decade or so, on anecdotal evidence from women in various discussion forums that I have come across, and my personal experience

On HRT since early 2004
Post-op since late 2005
  •