Susan's Place Logo

News:

Visit our Discord server  and Wiki

Main Menu

best lubricant for dilating?

Started by Deila, October 27, 2011, 08:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deila

Hi! I just wanted to know what everyone thought was the best lube to use when dilating, I find some easier then others. Im just looking for some ideas. I tried searching for a thread like this but nothing came up. Thanks!
  •  

Valeriedoeswcs

Ah, there have been some good discussions on this. I think some McGinn girls use mineral oil? Will have to ask them.

I used surgilube for the first year of dilation. I bought it by the case from AllegroMedical at AllegroMedical.com

Now Im using whatever I find at the drug store. Mostly KY. I only dilate once a week so I dont use alot anymore.

I definitely dont use a liquid lubricant. It doesnt create enough of a buffer against the hard dilator. It hurts using those.
  •  

Deila

thanks for the reply!  I was using surgilube for the first 3 months post op and I was able to start with the largest dilator I was given, Then I tried another lube E-Z lube and it made dilation even easier. However Now that I spoiled myself the surgilube isnt as smooth to use and when I re-ordered E-Z lube it was a completely different product and based on reviews I have seen about it I think the first case I received was one of a kind LOL Im at 4 months now so I still have awhile to go before im down to dilating once a week. Need to find my perfect lube asap!
  •  

Deila

Thank you for the links!! Really appreciate it!
  •  

Valeriedoeswcs

I agree. Theres no more important a mission for a post-op girl than finding the right lube, lol! funny, but true.

hugs,

Val
  •  

Jamie Nicole

Quote from: Deila on October 27, 2011, 08:39:54 PM
Hi! I just wanted to know what everyone thought was the best lube to use when dilating, I find some easier then others. Im just looking for some ideas. I tried searching for a thread like this but nothing came up. Thanks!

I just use good ole spit! nah, just kidding.  KY is what I use
  •  

AbraCadabra

KY for me too,
tried vitamin E with Aloe, Johnson 'baby oil' and it works really fine but is very runny and can get messy.
Cleaning dilators is also not quite as easy due to the oil, instead of a water soluble lubricant.

Though I do think that baby oil will work out A LOT cheaper in the long run, as 2 – max. 3 drops suffice per dilator.

Axelle
Some say: "Free sex ruins everything..."
  •  

Valeriedoeswcs

Get out of here! 2-3 drops??? lol, your funny or a masochist, hehe ...maybe if it was an organic one  :P

If you saw how much I use on my dilators you would probably laugh your head off.
  •  

Suigeniris

I am a Mcginn girl and i use to use mineral oil but it was to messy and I preferred the lube. Like you I only use the.#4 and I also like the liquid I use SILK- E WITH ALOE AND VITAMIN E VAGINAL MOISTURIZER.AND PERSONAL LUBRICANT ,just a few drops will due . I  ordered by the case on amazon.com .
Dreams are illustrations...from the book your
soul is writing about yourself....

[color=yello
  •  

AbraCadabra

Quote from: Valeriedoeswcs on October 28, 2011, 06:07:00 AM
Get out of here! 2-3 drops??? lol, your funny or a masochist, hehe ...maybe if it was an organic one  :P

If you saw how much I use on my dilators you would probably laugh your head off.

Hon, truth God it's what I use, really :-)
Putting more then 3 drops of baby oil, it be ALL OVER EVERTHING!

As for KY, it's thicker, so I use ~ 2 drops, spread it ever so thinly and in she goes, Täteretä!
Like the light cavalery... "Attacke zum Angriff ":-)

It may be, I'm sort of 'juicy' at the present time, and so need panty-liners all day, every day, 3 - 4 time a day to renew. Well, after every dilating, and then some.

Could that explain it?

I'd need "Oilzum" per gallon according to V Ms, suggestion otherwise, is how I'd see it, he he.

Axelle
  •  

Renate

•  

Valeriedoeswcs

•  

AbraCadabra

Sorry wrong stuff Renate!

this is TOP CYLINDER lube, we are looking for BOTTOM CYLINDER lube - best ever, mystery or not, yes?

Humphfft,
Axelle

PS: grumble, never get the right stuff, eh
  •  

JenJen2011

Gasoline. Ha. J/K. I wonder how ID glide would do?
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Valeriedoeswcs

Glide (astroglide) doesnt work well for me. Too thin. It hurts an awful lot. For me there needs to be a buffer between the dilator which is a very hard ceramic and my delicate vagina.

Yes, it is very delicate and tender. I need to take good care with it and be gentle.
  •  

JenJen2011

ID Glide is different from Astroglide. It comes in a blue bottle and it's pretty thick. It works great for penetration.
"You have one life to live so live it right"
  •  

Valeriedoeswcs

I'll have to look for that. Thanks Jen.
  •  

Deila

Thanks so much everyone for the replies! I will look into ID Glide aswell since I see you can get 70 ounces of it via amazon! I hope it works for me! I use an obscene amount of lubricant as well I go though about 4 ounces everyday and a half, But I also use 2 different dilators each session.
  •  

lilacwoman

I use Slik stuff as it seems as slippery as KY but its in a pump dispenser so I don't mess about with tubes.   Works out a lot cheaper than KY too as KY is now around $9 a tube.   usual British rip-off.
  •