Susan's Place Logo

News:

Please be sure to review The Site terms of service, and rules to live by

Main Menu

Veterans Forum

Started by Devlyn, November 21, 2011, 11:17:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devlyn

I think it would be a good idea to create a category for veterans information. There is a lot of information here on the site, but it is scattered. Show of hands, who thinks this is a good idea?
  •  

Sarah Louise

I've only used the VA once and that was 40 some odd years ago for my first home loan, guaranteed by the VA.
Nameless here for evermore!;  Merely this, and nothing more;
Tis the wind and nothing more!;  Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore!!"
  •  

Devlyn

I'm not currently using any of my benefits, either. But there are a lot of veterans out there, more returning every day, and simple statistics say some will join our community. We should put all the experience and information we have in one spot. By the way, thank you for your service, Sarah. Hugs, Tracey
  •  

Samantha Stone

I agree totally.  I use the VA for all of my healthcare needs both mental and physical.  Being older and comming back to my feminine side has made life rather interesting the last few years.  I see a VA psychologist about my need to dress and she is totally supportive.
  •  

Devlyn

I am going to ask for a Veterans forum again. Jessica B is graciously offering to be a resource, and this is important. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: LoriDee

Sarah Louise

I would like to see a show of hands, how many members here are Veterans?

I have a feeling its only going to be the older members like myself, but I could get surprised.
  •  

Devlyn

•  

Sarah Louise

I served from 1966 to 1968, Army.
  •  

Devlyn

Sarah, I see you want a headcount, but I feel that if we help one transgender person it would be worth it. A non-member person could benefit if they found the info with an internet search. I think pooling the info would be helpful. Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Nero

I understand what you're saying, Devlyn. But there has to be demand for it before we can add an extra forum on any subject.

Threads on the subject would be just as useful for pooling info. Go ahead and start one.  :)
Nero was the Forum Admin here at Susan's Place for several years up to the time of his death.
  •  

Joelene9

Me, USN 1971-1975.  I would like veteran's benefits if I can get some. 
  Joelene
  •  

V M

Some vet.s don't need a parade, they are perfectly happy to land upon an empty tarmac with a few friends that they may or may not ever make contact with again and bid adieu

I would imagine there to be a number of trans vet.s, But possibly some don't care to discuss their experiences, much less be reminded

Possibly you'd have better luck starting a Transgendered Veteran's blog  :)

Hugs and a Salute

- Virginia
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

Thanks everyone for the advice and input, it is appreciated. I was actually thinking more of a resource and information center rather than a forum for posting. I think that the Support Group section would be a good spot. Remember, folks, if we show enough demand for this we can make it happen! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

Sarah Louise

If your thinking of just adding "Links" for VA support areas, maybe it could go on Susan's Main Page (or maybe something in the Wiki area).  You would have to take that up with Susan directly.
  •  

Devlyn

I guess I'm not really sure how it would be set up. I just want to help someone who did their duty for their country and might need direction. But, if packers get their own forum, shouldn't the troops? Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

Quote from: Devlyn on January 06, 2012, 11:30:05 AM
Thanks everyone for the advice and input, it is appreciated. I was actually thinking more of a resource and information center rather than a forum for posting. I think that the Support Group section would be a good spot. Remember, folks, if we show enough demand for this we can make it happen! Hugs, Devlyn

Hi Devlyn  :)  It does sound like a good idea and apologize for not understanding it better beforehand, I'm all in favor of supporting our troops

Possibly if you were to start a Transgendered Veterans Resource and Information Center support thread in the support groups forum you would be able to gather info. and develop it out  :)  Then with enough input and involvement  of others you'd have enough info. to possibly warrant a child board in the support groups forum or at least get your thread stickied
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

Devlyn

I like that title, thanks! Hugs, Devlyn
  •  

V M

Hugs back and you're quite welcome, I hope you make good use  :) 

- V M
  •  

Northern Star Girl

This is an old topic that has not been active for
over 12 years and it is now LOCKED.....

Please find your way to the  most recent and
current topic                    Military Veterans Confab
Click Link -->    https://www.susans.org/index.php/board,547.0.html

Warmest Regards
Danielle
[Northern Star Girl]
The Forum Administrator
                              US AirForce Veteran... served right after college.
                                    1st Lt   First Lieutenant
                              Much of that time at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas
                              Staff at the Air Education and Training Command

****Help support this website by:
Subscribing !     and/or by    Donating !

Check out my Personal Blog Threads below
to read more details about me and my life.

(Click Links below):  [Oldest first]
  Aspiringperson is now Alaskan Danielle    
           I am the HUNTED PREY : Danielle's Chronicles    
                  A New Chapter: ALASKAN DANIELLE's Chronicles    
                             Danielle's Continuing Life Adventures
I started HRT March 2015 and
I've been Full-Time since December 2016.
I love living in a small town in Alaska
I am 44 years old and Single
  •