Susan's Place Logo

News:

According to Google Analytics 25,259,719 users made visits accounting for 140,758,117 Pageviews since December 2006

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constance

Quote from: nickikim on December 12, 2011, 06:04:33 PM
What were the names of the motorcycle gang members in Mad Max ? :embarrassed:
Butt Ugly and the Mohawk Men

foosnark

I've read that people who use a picture of themselves, or any real person, on forums tend to be more respected and believable than people who use cartoon images.
  •  

nickikim

Quote from: foosnark on December 13, 2011, 12:53:49 PM
I've read that people who use a picture of themselves, or any real person, on forums tend to be more respected and believable than people who use cartoon images.
Yeah I saw that too,  in one of Foosnark's posts
Quote from: justmeinoz on December 12, 2011, 04:34:31 AM
North America's Pronghorn Antelope run really fast, and virtually have their eyes on swivels on the sides of their heads.  What on earth did they need  to escape from to evolve this way? ???   And who else is glad it's not still around!! :o

Karen.
Don't look now,  there's one behind you :o
  •  

Padma

Some American "breakfast cereals" are over 50% sugar.
Womandrogyneâ„¢
  •  

caseyy

Ugh, I know Padma. Even the stuff that is meant for adults often has tons of hidden sugar. Cereal is probably one of the most sickening breakfasts for me.
  •  

foosnark

Why spelling is important:  my coffee smells like anise.
  •  

Jennifer

Quote from: foosnark on December 14, 2011, 03:28:29 PM
Why spelling is important:  my coffee smells like anise.
You're right about your coffee!

Jennifer
  •  

espo

Re post19 ----->  I seriously can not ever remember eating cheese and crackers at the same time. This might actually be something for the Strange facts thread.
  •  

EmmaM

Quote from: espo on December 16, 2011, 03:56:28 PM
Re post19 ----->  I seriously can not ever remember eating cheese and crackers at the same time. This might actually be something for the Strange facts thread.

That's just uncivilized!
Loved.
  •  

espo

I'm a savage, what can I say.

So?? What kind of cheese, how crisp was the cracker ?  Details girlie, I need details.
  •  

Julian

I love those little foil-wrapped single-serving wedges of cheese that you can spread. Mostly because of the packaging, with the little pull tab and it opens so cleanly. It's kind of like the feeling I get when I unplug my laptop and carry it around. A happy, fuzzy I-love-technology-and-innovation feeling. I can carry a computer around under my arm, and open soft cheese neatly without squishing it. The world is just awesome.
  •  

espo

Getting close to my 2 year mark at Susan's and reflecting back I don't see a hell-of-alot of growth or difference in myself or circumstances.  I'm not really sure how to gauge something like that anyways so maybe I have but can't see it.
  •  

Julian

Huh. I missed my six-month-iversary by a day. I didn't realize it had been that long. I can't say I've changed much, but I've made some progress toward my goals at least.
  •  

espo

Setting goals is really important ( they say)  So doing that all within the last 6 months is awesome. 
  •  

Pica Pica

I joined May 11, 2007, 12:07:32 pm, where I said;

QuoteWhich leads me here, I reckon that I feel mostly a intergendered type of person...These sort of things are not merely layers, they are structures to help build a self image in...and I need to learn new self images...

I don't completely know what I was going on about then, but I have learnt new self images and feel I am at one that is pretty stable now.
Intergendered, that's a term you here less nowadays isn't it?
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

Jennifer

The Green Bay Packers just lost their first game of the season :(. That's ok they still won their division!

Jennifer
  •  

espo

First time hearing Intergendered ( lol ) but its a good descriptive term.  I actually like it alot, intersexed is the physical aspect of a person, intergendered pertains to the emotional psychological aspect.
  •  

Jennifer

You're right, this thread can't be derailed!

Jennifer :icon_suspicious:
  •  

foosnark

It's like derailing a submarine.  Or a donkey.  Or a scuba-diving donkey.

5 months for me tomorrow.  I think the main thing that has changed for me is, it's all so much less important.  Less important that I nail things down.  Less important that I express my gender outwardly.  Less annoying that people are call me sir and I don't correct them because I have no alternative to offer.  Less important that so many forms require me to choose one of two wrong choices.
  •  

caseyyy

3:00. Paper due at midnight. Supposed to be 20 pages. Only have 6. Hate everything. THERE'S NOT ENOUGH WORTH SAYING TO MAKE 20 PAGES!
  •