Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelly_aus

•  

Shantel

Quote from: V M on October 15, 2012, 06:42:24 PM
Then again, it would somewhat depend on who wanted to eat me  >:-)

You're so naughty, just a piece of meat!  :icon_mrgreen:
  •  

V M

Quote from: Shantel on October 15, 2012, 07:20:30 PM
You're so naughty, just a piece of meat!  :icon_mrgreen:

HeHe... I thought everyone liked to add bacon to their cheese burgers  >:-)
The main things to remember in life are Love, Kindness, Understanding and Respect - Always make forward progress

Superficial fanny kissing friends are a dime a dozen, a TRUE FRIEND however is PRICELESS

- V M
  •  

cynthialee

Quote from: Padma on October 15, 2012, 06:59:57 PM
We could take turns being the pickle...
I need an adult. (said in my best Chris Griffin voice)
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.
Sun Tsu 'The art of War'
  •  

justmeinoz

Don't forget the beetroot for a genuine Aussie burger!
And the Aussies here will agree you can't beet a root! ;)
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

kelly_aus

Quote from: justmeinoz on October 16, 2012, 02:41:05 AM

No, you can't beet a root.. As my dearest mum has always told me, one you say no to is one you don't get..  >:-)
  •  

Isabelle

As a fellow antipodean, I agree. Burgers need beetroot. I don't even like beet root but simply can not imagine a "barbie" without (watties) beet root in the burgers. Its just the done thing. Anything else simply wouldn't be proper. It's like national flags, they're naked without a Union Jack.
  •  

Taka

[posting this here so you may choose to ignore]
*sigh* the hurdles one has to overcome...
finally did it, called to get an appointment with my doctor. been postponing this phone call for... 4-5 years? ridiculously long at least, just to get a general health check. and some tests that one is advised to take after not refusing unprotected sex. let's see if i can get around to talk about trans issues too, despite being this hesitant to just ask for a few tests. makes me feel so ridiculously "manly"

at least i feel like i can take this as a sign that i'm becoming more comfortable with my situation. i actually see some hope in the future, been a long time since i've been this optimistic about anything to do with myself
  •  

Kelly J. P.

To derail, one must have a rail to begin with. Therefore, since there is no rail, to claim that this thread can be de-railed is invalid, as opposed to impossible, as a logical contradiction. And so...

That obviously means this thread doesn't exist. At least, not until dimension 8.
  •  

Taka

to derail one must have a rail to begin with. therefore we chose to go by car instead of taking the train
  •  

Shantel

Quote from: justmeinoz on October 16, 2012, 02:41:05 AM

I told some Aussie footballers that I was rooting for them, one said to the others, "Blimey Mates, we have a poofter!"  :icon_redface: It was all a matter of semantics gone awry!
  •  

ativan

Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Ativan
  •  

MadelineB

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 16, 2012, 09:27:31 AM
Mental wounds not healing
Who and what's to blame
I'm going off the rails on a crazy train

Ativan
I am running to catch that train!
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

ativan

•  

Taka

poor kitten.... my daughter brought it in to play with. i'm not sure how happy it really was with that attention
  •  

MadelineB

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 23, 2012, 01:58:13 PM
It's been a week now,...
Any luck?  ;D
Oh I caught the crazy train, sorry. It just took me back to work again. And again. I have a monthly pass.
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
~Maya Angelou

Personal Blog: Madeline's B-Hive
  •  

justmeinoz

With a History exam coming up I now know an inordinate amount about the Columbian Exchange.  ::)
"Don't ask me, it was on fire when I lay down on it"
  •  

ativan

Quote from: MadelineB on October 24, 2012, 01:47:20 AM
Oh I caught the crazy train, sorry. It just took me back to work again. And again. I have a monthly pass.
All Aboard! Hahahahaha! Aye aye aye aye aye.... ;)
Ativan
  •  

Taka

yay! i managed to finish my exam paper in time for the deadline. no idea if ti's good enough though, i could still fail completely
  •  

hazelspikes

I have a history exam tomorrow. I know something about railroads. I haven't tried as hard this time around (cause I keep sleeping in class because of my crazy schedule those days).  ??? Sooo I'm hoping that the rest of my grade will balance it out.  ;D
With a laptop, my mounds of books, and history handouts, I could rule the world! Or, just think about my self-identity and help the world through being kind and teaching.
  •