Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taka

sleepy. been to one meeting this morning. then i'm going to another one in the late afternoon, and fashion show in the evening. after that, makeup course with this guy.

i think i have some meetings tomorrow as well. too much happening lately.
  •  

Gewaltraud

My wife is playing some video game in which 50s music is being played in the background. Now I can't decide if I should leave my music to the side and listen to her game or put on my headphones anyway... Dilemmas, dilemmas.

•  

Kia

Just put in one headphone and have both
  •  

Gewaltraud

Quote from: Kia on October 01, 2013, 11:44:23 PM
Just put in one headphone and have both

I can't do that! Then I wouldn't be able to listen to anything properly! Unlike my ex, I do not consider music to be an unnecessary background noise. :p

•  

Kia

think of it as an experimental aural experience ;)
  •  

Gewaltraud

I'll keep that in mind the next time I'm thrown into another such situation. ;)

•  

Taka

it works like magic. as soon as the new moon is upon us, my anxiety just dissipates. the last few days before i'll be moody, have no idea whether or not i'm interacting in a good or constructive way, avoid social situations even online, and have panic attacks for any stupid little thing that might signal the end of my life (they never do, but how can i know before investigating?).

but last night, the veil lifted. apathy disappeared, life feels livable, i want to go outside the house, do some work, chores, all kinds of things that seemed like too heavy labor just a day ago. the odd sense of stale sadness also went away, there's still something sad left, but it feels like a good thing.

i hate the predictability in this. i was convinced it couldn't get that good this time, because i should be pms'ing right now. but, the moon has a heavier influence on me than anything else i know. pms before the new moon could kill, pms before the full moon doesn't exist.

i still won't curse that thing though, life wouldn't exist on this planet without it.
  •  

Gewaltraud

Well I'm glad you're feeling up to physical chores (I'm too unmotivated for such things - then again, I have no garden or private property).

And the moon is never guilty of evil. It's the earth. Always the earth. We're the ones rotatin'.

•  

Taka

moon never guilty? it causes arctic ice to melt around every 73 years. and if there's a danger of avalanche, it will happen on the low tide unless it's raining (added weight messes with the truth of statistics).

the sun and the earth's rotation also have cycles that affect climate and thus our lives, but that doesn't mean that the moon plays no part in this.
  •  

King Malachite

Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Gewaltraud

Quote from: Taka on October 07, 2013, 04:51:27 AM
moon never guilty? it causes arctic ice to melt around every 73 years. and if there's a danger of avalanche, it will happen on the low tide unless it's raining (added weight messes with the truth of statistics).

the sun and the earth's rotation also have cycles that affect climate and thus our lives, but that doesn't mean that the moon plays no part in this.

Really? But I was so sure that the earth was the only one doing dirty biddings. Isn't the whole tide thing due to how the earth rotates, though? Aren't the sun and moon stable and we're the ones whirling around, leaving them no choice but to cause tide changes and natural disasters? I took one course in volcanoes my sophomore year in college and I've since forgotten everything we ever learned about the moon... So I'm not a geologist, and it's very possible that the moon has "mysterious ways" I've long since forgotten :p

•  

Taka

the moon is a satellite. means it circles around the earth. the earth also rotates, but the high and low tide don't follow day and night created by the earth's rotation. the full moon is seen when the sun and moon are on opposite sides of the earth, that is why lunar eclipse happens on a full moon, as the earth gets directly between sun and moon. the new moon is when the sun and moon are on the same side of the earth, and this is also when a solar eclipse can happen, if the moon comes between the earth and the sun. this all happens independently on the earth's rotation, the moon orbits the earth in a little over 27 days, the earth rotates around itself in just a little less than 24 hours. the moon also rotates around it own axis, so perfectly matches with its orbit that we always see the same side of the moon from earth. the earth's rotation causes hight and low tide, but that wouldn't happen if the moon didn't have so much gravity. but the moon cycle is caused by the moon's own orbit. and moon cycles are what affect me the most.. the alignment of the earth, sun, and the earth's biggest satellite.

or you could ask wikipedia.
  •  

Jamie D

•  

King Malachite

Quote from: Jamie de la Rosa on October 08, 2013, 07:10:24 PM
You and me ... we talk waaaaaay too much  LOL

Yes we do lol, but you're staff so that gets you a free pass. :p

Quote from: Ativan Prescribed on October 08, 2013, 07:21:21 PM
48 to go...

Counting it down like New Year's Eve! :)
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

Gewaltraud

I would like to step in and derail the happy vibe with the complaint that some >-bleeped-< threw rock-hard apples at my head while I was walking home from work.

Now, I'm very much used to being verbally abused by passers-by, drivers, passengers, children and drunks, but no one has ever thrown things at me before today. I'm still ever-so-slightly livid. Just ever so slightly. And if I ever find that son of a bitch, :icon_boxing:

•  

King Malachite

•  

King Malachite

•  

Taka

Quote from: Gewaltraud on October 09, 2013, 12:48:28 PM
I would like to step in and derail the happy vibe with the complaint that some >-bleeped-< threw rock-hard apples at my head while I was walking home from work.

Now, I'm very much used to being verbally abused by passers-by, drivers, passengers, children and drunks, but no one has ever thrown things at me before today. I'm still ever-so-slightly livid. Just ever so slightly. And if I ever find that son of a bitch, :icon_boxing:
so... what did you do with the apples?
  •