Susan's Place Logo

News:

Based on internal web log processing I show 3,417,511 Users made 5,324,115 Visits Accounting for 199,729,420 pageviews and 8.954.49 TB of data transfer for 2017, all on a little over $2,000 per month.

Help support this website by Donating or Subscribing! (Updated)

Main Menu

the thread that can't be derailed....

Started by cynthialee, December 03, 2011, 09:47:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Malachite

on Skype with a friend but their mic is unavailable so I'm the only one talking.  It feels weird.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

http://www.susans.org/forums/index.php/topic,135882.0.html

"Sometimes you have to go through outer hell to get to inner heaven."

"Anomalies can make the best revolutionaries."
  •  

Gewaltraud

Quote from: Taka on October 09, 2013, 06:32:08 PM
so... what did you do with the apples?

After it quit raining, I took the dog out, we re-found the spot and we played with 'em. Anya thinks anything round and hard is a ball, and something that's a ball and edible is a double win. We had fun. ;)

•  

Pica Pica

I've seen Kool and the Gang do celebration live, it was good fun.

But more importantly Well Done/Oh Dear Malachite.
'For the circle may be squared with rising and swelling.' Kit Smart
  •  

ativan

•  

Taka

i'm taking it. though it actually belongs to my brother. his birthday.

unless someone else gets to it before me. that will make me sad.
  •  

King Malachite

I wonder when the next time the UFC Prelims will be on.  I really need to find a manly reason to drink my energy drink.  It's been sitting in the fridge for months.
Feel the need to ask me something or just want to check out my blog?  Then click below:

•  

insane_protagonist

I'm in a room with 3 other people all playing the new pokemon games. XD

LordKAT

Visiting my granddaughter for her birthday tomorrow. YAY!!!!! I miss her a lot but we live in different cities about 1.5 hours apart. My sister is willing to deal with my extra baggage and drive so that I can go.
  •  

LordKAT

oi, What is it and people with post counts?
  •  

King Malachite

Quote from: Malachite on October 12, 2013, 05:43:40 PM
I wonder when the next time the UFC Prelims will be on.  I really need to find a manly reason to drink my energy drink.  It's been sitting in the fridge for months.

It's next week son.

•  

ativan

Quote from: LordKAT on October 12, 2013, 06:33:25 PM
oi, What is it and people with post counts?
It's kind of like a tickerfactory counter. Milestones in numbers that really don't have a meaning other than they are?
  •  

ativan

I would give the tickerfactory counter a little more, since it relates to an event.
But the post count for this topic is of some importance to Cindi, maybe. Maybe not.
But it does stand for something.
That and I count things, constantly, without really realizing I do.
So i notice stuff like that, maybe more than I should....
  •  

Shantel

I find myself counting strokes when I'm rowing, I think it's manic behavior I dunno....
  •  

LordKAT

OK , I guess I never saw the big importance of many little things like post counts. Tickers are usually only important to the person having one.
  •  

King Malachite

PS3 almost fell, glad it didn't

video game strippers and cheaper for my real life wallet

•  

ativan

Quote from: Shantel on October 12, 2013, 06:56:28 PM
I find myself counting strokes when I'm rowing, I think it's manic behavior I dunno....
It's more of an OCD kind of thing, but it only gets that rating if you do it with a lot of things, without reason.
Counting is an easy habit that people pick up and apply to sometimes obscure things.
Like I don't count everything, but I do count a lot of things.
Counting while rowing could be a distance measuring kind of thing. Or just knowing if you are rowing more or less.
Some people just have a fascination with the number of things and count them.
I have a habit of making estimations of things and extrapolating it out to the ones I can't see.
Everybody counts things that don't need to be counted.
It's only really considered an OCD problem if the unnecessary overrides things that are necessary.

All that and you are the winner of the who is going to make the 1111 post on a topic that can't be derailed.  ;)
  •  

King Malachite

There's peach Faygo and I forgot what other peach soda there is.

•  

ativan

Quote from: LordKAT on October 12, 2013, 06:56:53 PM
OK , I guess I never saw the big importance of many little things like post counts. Tickers are usually only important to the person having one.
I'm guilty of picking on you. Post counts have very little substance to them. Personal tickers, of course do.
I've been watching Malachites top surgery fund grow for a long time now. Amount vs time. Personal numbers.
They are the little things that personalize avatars and posts. I notice them...
  •